About the Samsung QN32LS03B "The Frame"
Beautiful, accessible art
Beautiful, accessible art
Samsung's "The Frame" has been the coolest way to hide your TV in plain sight since the first version was released five years ago. When you're not binge-watching your favorite shows, it can display a selection of masterworks from museums around the world alongside photos from your last vacation.
Art Mode transforms The Frame into a beautiful work of art when you're not watching TV.
Grow your digital gallery
The included Samsung Collection starts you off with a selection of 100 pieces of professionally curated art from ten different galleries. If you crave more options, you can purchase individual pieces from the Art Store or pay a monthly membership fee for unlimited access to the whole catalog.
It's also easy to upload and display your own photographs or digital versions of other kinds of art, too. Load them up on a USB flash drive, or simply use the Samsung SmartThings app on your phone. You can use the app's filters to edit and improve your uploaded images. Further customize the artwork display by choosing from different matte color and layout options.
Enjoy the art of film
The Frame can make movie nights a work of art, too. Thanks to Quantum Dot Technology, these QLED TVs display vivid, accurate colors at any brightness level, and HDR content looks stunning.
Keeps a low profile
The Frame looks super-streamlined when hung with Samsung's included Slim Fit Wall Mount. It allows the Frame TV to rest nearly flush against the wall, just like a real picture frame. And you don't have to clutter up the view with a bunch of wires thanks to the included One Connect Box Mini. You hook up all your gear — cable box, game console, etc. — to the hub, then run a single slim cable up to the TV to supply it with signals and power.
- Featured in our article: Best TVs for 2024
- 31.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- Art Mode transforms The Frame into a beautiful work of art when you're not watching TV
- upload your own files via flash drive or the SmartThings app
- adjust your photos using the many filter, matte, and layout options
- supports vertical mode to display art in 9:16 portrait orientation
- includes Samsung Collection — a built-in gallery of 100 pieces of professionally curated art
- My Collection feature provides 2GB of memory to store your favorite personal photos for display on the TV
- Samsung's online Art Store lets you buy individual pieces or subscribe to an ever-increasing library of established and emerging artists' work
- Ambient Mode+ allows screen to mimic the wall behind it (available via SmartThings app)
- 1080p HD screen resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Quantum Dot technology provides 100% color volume — full color with full brightness
- Hyper Real picture engine
- HDR10 support for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing compatible HDR content
- edge-lit LED backlight with Micro Dimming Pro
- 60Hz refresh rate
- Samsung TV Plus lets you enjoy subscription-free TV with 150+ channels
- Apple TV app lets you rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV features:
- built-in Bixby, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa voice control assistants
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- built-in Apple AirPlay® 2 allows wireless streaming from your Apple device
Connections (on One Connect Mini Box):
- 2 HDMI inputs
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- 2 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- One Invisible Connection™: ultra-thin proprietary cable connects hub to TV (carries signals and power)
- RS-232C port
- built-in 2-channel speaker system (20 watts)
- works with select Samsung sound bars featuring Q-Symphony technology to create a fuller soundstage
- Object Tracking Sound Lite helps locate sounds where they appear on-screen
General features and info:
- SolarCell Remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- can be charged using your home's lighting or USB
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield):
- with stand: 28-3/4"W x 17-7/8"H x 5-3/4"D
- without stand: 28-3/4"W x 16-1/2"H x 1"D
- weight: 11.9 lbs. with stand; 11.7 lbs. without stand
- detachable dual-footer stand (footprint: 23-3/8"W x 5-3/4"D)
- wall-mountable (includes Slim Fit Wall Mount)
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- MFR # QN32LS03BBFXZA
What's in the box:
- 32" Frame TV
- One Connect Mini Box
- 8' One Connect cable
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (BN59-01386A)
- 2 Pedestal feet (stored on back of TV)
- 2 Wall brackets
- 2 Bracket screws
- Two M4x14mm screws
- 4 Wall screws
- 4 Wall anchors
- Quick Setup Guide
- Correction Sheet
- Wall Mount Installation Guide
- Important Safety Precautions
- "Accesory Kit/Connect" sheet
- Warranty Information
- "Using Accessibility Functions" sheet
- Wall-Mount Template
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Customer reviews for Samsung QN32LS03B "The Frame"
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung QN32LS03B "The Frame"
Features & specs
Art Mode: In TV Mode, the Frame TV is a beautiful high defintion TV. But when you turn it off, the Frame TV enters Art Mode and begins elegantly presenting art or your own cherished photos to bring an inspiring, intimate touch to any room. In Art Mode, the Frame TV adapts the image on the screen with room lighting conditions to more closely resemble a work of art. The Frame TV delivers a stunning, gallery-quality experience that will bring great art and cherished memories to life in a fresh, new way.
- Artwork: Select artwork from Samsung's preloaded collection or subscribe to the online art store and purchase artwork. You can also display your own personal content downloaded on a USB thumbdrive.
- Samsung Collection: The Frame TV comes with the Samsung Collection, an exclusive, professionally-curated collection of many works of art from renowned artists spanning multiple genres (Landscapes, Patterns, Still Life, Digital Art, Urban Abstract, From Above, Action, Architecture, Drawing, & Wild Life). You'll find stunning photography, paintings, drawings, and digital works selected to complement a wide variety of tastes and decors.
- Online Art Store: The online Art Store lets explore extraordinary works from internationally recognized artists. You can buy individual pieces or subscribe to an ever-increasing library of established and emerging artists' works. Over 1400 pieces of artwork are available. The Frame TV even learns your taste in art and automatically recommends new artwork. It also keeps you informed of new and popular artists as they become available in the Art Store. Get a free 1-month subscription to the Art Store, when you purchase The Frame TV. After 1-month, fees will apply to subscription service. Art pieces in the Art Store are subject to change without prior notice.
- Personal Content: You are even able to download your favorite personal photos onto the Frame TV's 16GB memory for display on the big screen. Simply connect an external USB MSC device (like a USB thumbdrive) with images you want to download to the USB port on the Frame TV's One Connect Box. Images must be in a JPEG format and have a resolution between 320 x 180 to 7680 x 4320. You can also wirelessly download photos that are on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device to the Frame TV using the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 13.0+ and Android OS 7.0+). Personal photos uploaded to The Frame TV will be displayed at the original resolution. Displaying 4K (3840 x 2160 pixels) and above images is recommended.
- Favorites: You can even build your own personalized collection of favorite art pieces (Samsung Collection, Online Art Store, and Personal Content). Select and mark the pieces you like as favorites so you can easily access them all in one place.
- Control: The Frame TV allows you to select matte layout & color, as well as use pre-loaded filters and create a customized slideshows. With Art Mode, you get a variety of different layout styles and a palette of multiple colors to choose from, allowing you to style and personalize Art that suits your mood.
- Matte Layout & Color: You can even complement your artwork with just the right combination of matte layout and color. There are a vareity of options to choose from - Art Layout (Shadow Box, Modern, No Matte); Photo Layout (Shadow Box, Squares, Triptych, Modern, Mixed, Panoramic); and Matte Color (Polar, Antique, Warm, Natural, Sand, Sea Foam, Sage, Burgundy, Navy, Black).
- Filters: Transform your personal photos using pre-loaded filters to add your own personal touch. Pre-loaded filters include Original, Art Deco, Ink Wash, Pastel, Aqua, Fauve, and more.
- Customized Slideshow: Enjoy the artwork you like at the time that you would like it displayed. Select the art and set the duration it should be displayed on screen. Slideshow intervals between artwork can be set to 10 minute, 30 minute, 1 hour, 6 hours, 12 hours, or 1 day.
- Mobile App: Your smartphone is always on hand, and with easy-to-use mobile control, you can instantly update the view with just a few taps. Adjust the settings or find new artwork to display with your smartphone device. Simply download Samsung's SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 13.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device.
- Voice Control: The built-in Bixby or Alexa voice assistant can go beyond just controlling what you want to watch on TV, and also helps turn on Art Mode. For example, ask Bixby or Alexa to "Turn Art Mode on" to starting enjoy your artwork and photographs.
- Sensors: The Samsung Frame TV has a built-in Motion & Brightness Sensor to make sure you always see your artwork at its best.The Motion Sensor and Brightness Sensor operates only in Art Mode (not TV mode). Performance may vary depending on the lighting conditions.
- Motion Sensor: The Frame TV automatically turns off to save power when you leave the room and turns on when you return. The Motion sensor operates only when The Frame is in Art Mode. Actual results may differ depending on lighting conditions.
- Brightness Sensor: By detecting the ambient light, the Brightness Sensor automatically balances the screen's brightness and color tone for a natural illumination. So whether it's day or night, you can see your art how it was meant to be seen. Performance may vary depending on the ambient brightness level.
- Ambient Mode+: Ambient Mode+ helps the Samsung Frame TV blend in even more with your home decor. Instead of artwork and photos, you can choose for the TV to display background decor, important information, and special lighting from the TV's on-screen menu and SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 13.0+ and Android OS 7.0+).
- Decor: Set the screen with a background and colors that matches your room decor perfectly. From the SmartThings app on your compatible mobile device you can even use a photo of your wall to recreate the pattern on screen.
- Info: You can display information on the TV screen like the time and date or weather and news updates with a beautiful background.
- Lighting: Special lighting for special occasions. Select from a variety of options, like neon, and have some fun with your space.
QLED Technology: Samsung's Frame TV utilizes Quantum Dots to produce an immersive viewing experience with a wide range of color, exceptional contrast, and accurate detail. Quantum Dots are nano-sized, cadmium-free, finely tuned particles that turn light into the brilliant billion plus colors you experience on Frame TVs. Quantum dots are inorganic particles that resist wear out, so you can enjoy superb picture quality for years. As some TVs age, you may see that colors are less vibrant. Frame TVs are built to last and provide a vibrant picture even after long periods of time. Samsung's metal alloy quantum dot pixels feature inorganic materials that are engineered for durability and resistance to fading.
- 1080p Resolution: The Samsung Frame TV is outfitted with two HDMI 2.0 inputs (located on the One Connect Mini Box Mini). The TV's HDMI inputs will support 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals. All video signal are upscaled and displayed at 1080p. This TV does not contain analog composite or component video inputs.
- Quantum Dot Color (100% Color Volume): Samsung QLED TV delivers 100% color volume with over a billion shades of color (powered by Quantum Dots). QLED TVs with 100% Color Volume deliver a brilliant visual experience by providing a rejuvenating effect for colors that may appear dull or faded in challenging content. QLED televisions can produce 100% color volume in the DCI-P3 color space, the format for most cinema screen and HDR movies for television. By definition, Color Volume is an index of how well colors are reproduced in richness and accuracy at different brightness. With higher color volume, you get a wider, more diverse range of color that feels rejuvenated at higher brightness levels.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): The Samsung Frame TV features the ability to provide a premium High Dynamic Range (HDR) experience, with a higher level of contrast between light and dark images. HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The TV supports HDR10 only. Not compatible with Dolby Vision, HLG, or HDR10+.
HyperReal Picture Engine: The Samsung Frame TV utilizes Samsung's HyperReal Picture Engine with additional proprietary technologies to achieve an optimized high-definition picture.
- PurColor: PurColor allows the TV to express most shades of color as nature intended for optimal picture performance. Most TV's focus on the adjustment points of primary colors Red, Green and Blue. PurColor focuses on primary and secondary colors Magenta, Cyan and Yellow. You'll witness a wider spectrum of colors on the TV screen, just like the director intended. You'll enjoy enriched colors while watching your favorite movies, and shows, even if it's older, non-HD content.
- Micro Dimming Pro: Micro Dimming Pro Technology enhances the picture quality of Samsung TV by analyzing each frame of video to optimize the LED backlight and video signal in real-time.
- LED Clear Motion: The LED Clear Motion feature configure the LED backlight to sharpen fast-moving images for a clear image.
Picture Controls: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture. The TV's picture adjustments can be made for a particular AV input or for all inputs.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes - 16:9 (16:9 widescreen format), 4:3 (4:3 standard format), or Custom (magnifies or shrinks 16:9 pictures vertically and/or horizontally).
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments to the picture. Select from Dynamic (increases the brightness of the screen), Standard (suitable for a normal environment), Natural (useful for reducing eye strain), or Movie (darkens the screen and reduces glare).
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for manually adjusting the picture quality. Manually adjust Backlight (adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight), Contrast (increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture), Brightness (adjusts the brightness level of the picture) Sharpness (sharpens or dulls the edges of objects), Color (adjusts the color saturation of the picture), and Tint (adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture).
- Expert Settings: The TV also offers more advanced picture adjustments for expert fine tuning. Fine tune the
- Contrast Enhancer: automatically balances the contrast to prevent excessive differences between bright and dark areas
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using Cool/Normal/Warm 1/Warm 2 presets
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors)
- RGB: displays the Red/Green/Blue color for making fine adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red/green/blue intensity)
- Shadow Detail: adjusts the brightness of dark images to increase detail in blacks
- HDMI Black Levels: adjusts the black level to compensate for low black levels, low contrast, or dull colors generated by external devices connected to the TV via an HDMI cable; this function is only available when the input signal connected to the TV via an HDMI connector is set to RGB 4:4:4
- Noise Reduction: reduce picture noise to avoid distractions such as flickering
Film & Games Modes: The Samsung Frame TV offers unique Film & Game modes to enhance your movie and gaming experience.
- Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals and adjust the picture for optimum quality. This feature is only available for the built-in HDTV tuner and the TV's HDMI inputs (1080i only).
- Game Modes: You can enable Game Mode to optimize the TV's settings for playing video games with a gaming console. Game Mode bypasses and disables some of the TV's video processing to allow for faster video gaming response time. You can also enable the Game Motion Plus option, which adds back in a little motion processing for smoother video motion while gaming (the video lag will be a little slower than the standard Game Mode).
Built-in HDTV Tuner: The TV features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV signals (up to 1080i). A single RF-type coaxial input (located on the Frame TV) is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 2 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, or HDMI inputs to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, USB ports, and Samsung TV apps can pass as Dolby Atmos (via Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- DLNA compliant devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
- DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 2 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary. The TV's speakers are muted when using ARC function.
Optical Digital Output: The TV's optical digital output terminal (located on One Connect Mini Box) will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2ch PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, or USB ports. When the TV's optical digital output is selected, the TV's speakers are muted. DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Built-In Bluetooth: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly connect a single set of Bluetooth headphones, a stereo pair of Bluetooth speakers, or a single Bluetooth speaker with the Samsung TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the TV's built-in sources or connected sources to the Bluetooth headphones or speakers. You can choose to have the TV speakers play at the same time as your Bluetooth headphones or speaker, or you can turn the TV speakers completely off. The TV's audio outputs and HDMI ARC will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. The volume of the Bluetooth headphones or speaker will be controlled via the headphones or speaker, and not the TV.
Audio Settings: The Samsung Frame TV offers a variety of audio adjustments to meet your listening needs.
- Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 7-band EQ (100, 200, 500, 1k, 2k, 5k, & 10k Hz) for a more customized sound; or simply choose from the following EQ Preset Modes - Standard, Adaptive, or Amplify.
- Auto Volume: The Auto Volume feature equalizes the sound automatically so that the volume level remains the same when you change between channels and sources.
- Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung Frame TV so that it can access your home network and online Samsung TV Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wireless connection (built-in WiFi); it also supports WiFi Direct. There is no Ethernet jack for a wired network connection.
- WiFi 802.11ac: The TV is IEEE 802.11ac WiFi certified for a wireless network connection. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Automatic, Manual, WPS (PBC), or WPS (PIN). The TV's built-in WiFi supports WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), or WPA2-PSK network security. The TV should be positioned within 50' of the wireless router, modem, or access point.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung Frame TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: Samsung recommends a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better and a home network connection speed of at least 10Mbps for standard and high-definition streaming.
Samsung TV Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung TV to your home network, you gain access to Samsung's TV Apps. Samsung's TV Apps let you download online applications and services to the Samsung Frame TV. Samsung TV Apps has a growing collection of online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications - such as movies, TV shows, music, news, sports, and weather (subscriptions and purchase fees will apply).
- Movies & TV Shows: Watch online movie & TV show providers from Amazon Video, HBO Max Netflix, Disney+, FandangoNow, Google Play Movies & TV, Paramount+, ShowTime, Vudu, and more. You'll also be able to watch live TV broadcasts from Hulu+Live, Sling TV and YouTubeTV.
- For The Kids: Get access to PBS Kids, Disney Now, and YouTube Kids for your children and the young at heart.
- Music & Radio: You can listen to online music and internet radio from Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, and more.
- Gaming Hub: The Samsung Gaming Hub helps you discover and play online games faster through select game streaming services. You will have access to an extensive library of games through Samsung's partnerships with industry leaders such as NVIDIA GeForce Now, Stadia and Utomik. USB-enabled or Bluetooth-enabled gamepad is required and sold separately.
- News & Sports: Enjoy news & sports from CBS News, Newsy, ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, and more.
Built-In Apple TV: The Samsung TV features built-in Apple TV with support for iTunes Movies & TV Shows. With the new Apple TV app on the Samsung TV, you'll be able to access your existing iTunes library and browse the iTunes Store to buy or rent from a selection of hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes. The Apple TV app will work seamlessly with Samsung's Smart TV Services - such as Universal Guide, Keyword Search, and Bixby - to create a consistent experience across the Samsung user interface.
Note: Apple TV is not compatible with Alexa or Google Assistant voice control.
Mobile Device Mirroring: You are able to wirelessly mirror video and photo content from your compatible mobile device on the Samsung TV. Smart View for Samsung Android devices and AirPlay 2 for Apple iOS devices are the supported mirroring applications. During wireless mirroring, you can also use the Multi View feature that allows you to mirror the screen of your Samsung Android device or Apple iOS device alongside the TV's content at the same time, so you can watch them side-by-side. Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to same wireless network as the Samsung TV during wireless mirroring.
- Smart View (for Android): You are able to mirror content from your Samsung Android smartphone with Smart View built-in on the Samsung Frame TV. You'll be able to mirror photos, videos, music, online apps and more on the big screen. With Tap View (for Samsung Galaxy devices with Android OS 8.1 and higher) You can even mirror your phone on your TV in seconds with just a tap.
- AirPlay 2 (for Apple iOS): With support for AirPlay 2, you will be able to wirelessly stream content (including videos, photos, music, podcasts, and more) directly from your Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.4 and newer) or Mac computer (OS X 10.13.2 and newer) to the Samsung TV's big screen - all without the need for an Apple TV or additional wired connection.
Work & Learn From Home Support: With more folks working and learning from home, you can turn the Samsung Frame TV into a wireless monitor for your Windows PC, Mac computer, or Samsung Android smartphone. You can also connect a USB or Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (sold separately), as well as a USB-enabled camera (sold separately) to make the job easier. With a USB-enabled camera you are even able to use the Samsung TV to make video calls.
- PC On TV: You can wirelessly share the screen of your laptop or desktop on the Samsung Frame TV using AirPlay 2 for Mac (OS X) and the Easy Connection PC app for Windows (8-up). The Samsung TV also provides Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) for remotely connecting to a Windows PC (10 Professional or later) and Virtual Network Computing (VNC) for a Mac computer (OS 10.5 or later) by simply following the TV's on-screen setup menu and entering a valid IP address or profile. You can even directly access MS Office 365 through the TV’s web browser to create and edit documents.
- Wireless Samsung DeX: Wireless screen mirroring for your mobile device is useful in some circumstances, but Wireless Samsung DeX gives you a much different, completely optimized desktop computing experience for productivity work on a larger screen. Wireless Samsung DeX is a great way to share content or present slides from your compatible Samsung Android smartphone (including the Galaxy S21 and Note20 Series), harnessing its power to capture a bigger picture. It doesn't just put your phone's screen on a larger display; you can view multiple apps, resize windows, access keyboard shortcuts and use right mouse button functionality. You also have the option of pairing a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to work more seamlessly. You can even see your phone's incoming notifications and calls within Wireless Samsung DeX without having to stop what you’re doing to glance at your phone.
- Video Call Application: With a USB-enabled camera connected to the television, you are able to make video calls with up to 32 people from the Google Duo app on the Samsung TV. For work, family, or friends, the Google Duo app for Samsung TV lets you take calls from on the big screen from the comfort of your home with high quality picture and sound (USB-enabled camera is required and sold separately).
Content Share: You can play media content saved on your computer (via DLNA), thumbdrive or hard disk drive (via USB), and the cloud (via Samsung Cloud) through the Samsung Frame TV.
- DLNA Certified: The Samsung Frame TV is DLNA certified, allowing you to watch videos and photos, as well as listen to music saved on your Windows 7/8/10 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless).
- USB 2.0 Ports: The television is equipped with two USB-A 2.0 ports (located on One Connect Mini Box); there is one USB 5V/0.5A port for connecting a USB thumbdrive and one USB 5V/1A port for connecting a HDD (hard disk drive). An external HDD may require its own AC power adapter. Both USB 2.0 ports let you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB device. Files must be formatted in FAT, exFAT, or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files per folder.
- Gallery App (Samsung Cloud): The built-in Gallery App lets you view photos and videos synchronized with the Samsung Cloud. You can enjoy various content synchronized with a mobile device that supports the Samsung cloud. The available content types are photos, videos, stories, and other content shared through your groups.
SmartThings Compatible: From the Samsung TV's on-screen dashboard, you can monitor, configure, and control smart devices you connected to the SmartThings service via the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 13.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) installed on your compatible smartphone or tablet device. You'll receive notifications about the statuses of your smart devices on the Frame TV's screen. You'll also be able to create custom modes to easily control multiple smart devices with a single command from the TV. Control of your SmartThings devices can be done from the included remote with Bixby or your mobile device running the SmartThings app.
- SmartThings & Samsung Devices: With SmartThings hub functionality, the Samsung allows you to connect and control SmartThings compatible devices - including a Multipurpose Sensor, a Motion Sensor, a Arrival Sensor, a Water Leak Sensor, and a Smart Outlet (all sold separately - see Accessories Tab). It is also compatible with a number of Samsung appliances - including refrigerators and washers/dryer machines.
Internet of Things (IoT): In addition to being compatible with SmartThings and other Samsung network-enabled products, Samsung Connect Home is compatible with a number of third-party network devices that support Internet of Things (IoT) through Z-Wave, zigbee, LAN, or Cloud-to-Cloud; including locks (from Kwikset & Schlage), thermostats (from Honeywell), cameras (such as Netgear Arlo), light bulbs (such as Philips Hue), and more.
Full Web Browser: You can surf the Internet on the TV as you would on a PC. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can scroll web pages with the directional pad on the included remote. For a more convenient web browsing experience, connect a USB- or Bluetooth-enabled keyboard and mouse (sold separately) to the TV.
SolarCell Smart Remote: The Frame TV comes with Samsung's new SolarCell Smart Remote. that wirelessly connects to the TV via Bluetooth LTE. It has a built-in farfield microphone for voice control (using Bixby, Alexa, or Google); plus offers dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and Samsung TV Plus. The SolarCell Smart Remote features a rechargeable battery that can be solar-charged.
- Bluetooth Pairing: When you turn on the TV for the first time, the SolarCell Smart Remote pairs to the TV automatically. If the Smart Remote does not pair to the TV automatically, stand within 2' of the TV and point the Smart Remote at the remote control sensor of the TV, then press and hold the "Back/Return" and "Play/Pause" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds or more. The remote has a wireless operating range of approximately 20' and does not require direct line of sight.
- Rechargeable Battery: The built-in battery can be solar-charged through the solar-panel on the back of remote via indoor or outdoor lighting. The remote also features a USB-C port, so you can charge the battery using a USB-C cable and USB/AC power adapter (both sold separately). The battery is non-replaceable.
Note: USB-C charging cable and USB/AC power adapter are not included.
Multiple Voice Assistants: Using the Samsung One Smart Remote's built-in microphone and Bixby, Alexa, or Google voice recognition, your voice is all you need to control the TV and your SmartThing compatible devices. Because the One Smart Remote communicates with the TV through a wireless Bluetooth communication, you don't even have to point the remote directly at the TV. Bixby, Alexa, or Google can be activated by pressing and holding "mic" button on the remote and then speaking into the remote's built-in mic ("Hi Bixby", "Alexa", and "Hey/OK Google" wakeup commands are not supported). The TV's on-screen setup menu lets you choose which voice control service (Bixby, Alexa, or Google) you want to use and provides a brief tutorial. Bixby, Alexa, and Google is only available when the TV is connected to the Internet. Bixby will require an active Samsung account user log-in, while Alexa requires an active Amazon account user log-in, and Google Assistant will require an active Google account user log-in.
- TV Control: Use the remote's built-in microphone and Bixby, Alexa, or Google to turn on/off the Samsung television, adjust menu settings, change channels or inputs, adjust the volume, and even launch your favorite online music or movie apps.
- SmartThings Control: Using the remote's built-in microphone with Bixby, Alexa, or Google and the TV's on-screen dashboard, you'll be able control your connected SmartThing and IoT devices. It will know all your connected devices, so all you have to do is say a command.
Questions & Answers: You can also use the One Smart Remote to ask Bixby, Alexa, or Google questions about the weather, traffic, news, sports, etc.
Universal Remote Control Function: You can control external devices connected to the TV via HDMI using the One Smart Remote, Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC), and Auto Source Recognition.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): You can use the TV's One Smart Remote to control external devices that are connected to the TV by an HDMI cable and that support Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control up to 12 compliant external devices (up to 3 of the same type) except for home theaters; Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control only one home theater system.
- Auto Source Recognition: The TV uses Auto Source Recognition technology to automatically detect what kind of devices are plugged in via HDMI; then the One Smart Remote makes it simple to control these detected devices through the TV via HDMI-CEC. Auto Source Recognition and controlling function may not be supported by certain devices connected to the TV. To use the Auto Source Recognition feature, all HDMI-connected devices must also be on the same network and Internet connection is required.
SmartThings App: Use the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 13.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) to turn your compatible smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the Samsung Frame TV. Use the SmartThings app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to quickly and easily connect to the TV and control its main settings from your smartphone or tablet. In addition, you can remotely check and control the statuses of various devices such as Samsung smart devices, home appliances, and speakers registered to the server. Through the SmartThings app, you can even use Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy S8 series or higher mobile device to operate the TV via voice commands (not compatible with Apple iOS or older Android devices).
Remote Access: The new Remote Access feature on the Samsung Frame TVs provide you wireless, on-screen control over connected peripheral devices, enabling convenient web browsing, cloud office access and more. Remote Access allows you to directly control your devices connected to the TV with a keyboard and mouse in addition to simply displaying the content on a larger screen. With Remote Access, input devices, including keyboards, can be connected to the Samsung Frame TV, making it easier for you to control your on-screen content. Without a separate HDMI cable connection, you can remotely access a PC in your room through the TV in your living room to perform various tasks including surfing the web or playing games from the TV's screen using a connected keyboard and mouse. Additionally, web browser-based cloud office service can be accessed through Remote Access, so you can now access files and work on documents from the TV.
Note: To address security concerns surrounding wireless connectivity and cloud services, Samsung has integrated its proprietary Knox security technology into its Remote Access features. Knox is supported with regular firmware updates for continuous protection. Knox has been certified by Common Criteria for its security performance and is the only security solution in the TV industry to receive this certification
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung Frame TV will support a USB or Bluetooth enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately), which makes web browsing a lot easier.
Serial Port (EX Link): You can connect the 3.5mm serial port to an external control device (such as a computer or A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Smart Hub via Tizen: The TV's Smart Hub via Tizen offers easy navigation and quickly access to off-air and online content, as well as menu settings (many of these features can be done while still watching a program). The Smart Hub offers convenient access to content by displaying your favorite and most used TV applications, as well as recommendations for even more entertainment options. Samsung's Smart Hub offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and network apps.
- Universal Guide & Keyword Search: The TV's Universal Guide provides a list of curated content from broadcast and streaming channels, personalized just for you - so you can easily find your favorite content, all in one place. You can also type in a keyword to search for TV shows & movies across platforms, like over-the-air broadcasts and available online providers.
- Smart TV Apps: From the TV's Home Screen, you can easily select the apps that have used previously or frequently. The apps can also be moved or deleted from the screen. You are also able to easily view, navigate and select between the following App categories - Editor's Choice, Most Popular, Downloaded Apps, Group Content, and Genre.
- Channel Guide & Favorite Channels: In the Channel Guide, you can see the daily program schedules for each off-air broadcaster and Samsung TV Plus channels, see program information, choose a program to watch, and set up a schedule viewing. You can even designate frequently watched off-air stations as Favorites (up to 5).
- Watch Together: The Smart Hub now allows you to video chat with friends and family while watching your favorite shows and movies, bringing everyone closer together. Video chat requires an external USB-enable camera (sold separately).
- Notifications & Reminders: Set notifications & reminders to display on screen. You'll get a pop up message on the corner of your TV screen when there is a notification or reminder.
Smart Connectivity: The Samsung Frame TV offers Smart Connectivity making connection of all your wired and wireless devices simple and less time consuming.
- Connection Guide: The TV's on-screen Connection Guide lets you view detailed information about external devices that can be connected to the televisions. It shows you how to connect various external devices such as cable boxes, satellite receivers, Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more using on-screen images. You can also change the input name of a connected external device or add it to the Home Screen for easier access.
- Digital Butler: The Samsung TV's Digital Butler feature automatically discovers your nearby wireless WiFi and Bluetooth devices (including smartphones, tablets, appliances, and more) and helps you connect them to the TV. The Digital Butler will also make a chart of all connected devices, so you'll see them all in one place. Compatible wireless devices include select Samsung Galaxy S series smartphones and tablets, select Apple iOS devices (including iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch), Bluetooth-enabled devices (including speakers, headsets, soundbars, etc), AV source devices (including Blu-ray, set-top boxes, and more), as well as appliances (including robot vacuums, air purifiers, and more). Click here for a complete list of compatible devices.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The Samsung Frame TV offers Closed Captions and Voice Guides for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guides that describe the menu options aloud to aid the visually impaired.
ECO Settings: The Samsung Frame TV provides ECO settings to reduce the television's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Brightness Optimization: You can set the TV to automatically adjust the picture brightness based on the ambient light level in the room. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Brightness Reduction: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- Motion Lighting: This feature adjusts the TV's brightness in response to on-screen movements to reduce power consumption.
- Auto Power Off: Automatically turns off the TV to reduce unnecessary power consumption if there is no operation for the length of time you specify (up to 4 hours).
Security Settings: The Samsung Frame TV offers security features for TV programming and the Internet.
- Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN. You can also lock and unlock specific apps using the same 4-digit PIN.
- Smart Security: When any device is connected to the Internet, it is vulnerable to hacks and malicious code. Samsung Smart Security protects the TV and storage media connected to the TV from such threats, when the television is connected to the Internet.
Timers: You can set Off Timer to shut off the TV automatically at a specific time; the Off Timer is only available if the Clock has been set. The Sleep Timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The Sleep Timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minute.
Remote Support + Self Diagnosis: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your TV, adjust the TV settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates. Your TV must be connected to your homes wired or wireless network. The Samsung Frame TV also provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
- The television only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the TV's many features.
Auto Updates: If the television is connected to the Internet, you can have the TV update its software automatically while you are watching it. When the background update is completed, it is applied the next time the TV is turned on. Updates can also be done via USB. Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware & Software updates.
- Do not turn off the TV's power until the update is complete. The TV will turn off and on automatically after completing the software update. Video and audio settings will be reset to their defaults after a software update.
The Frame Design: Designed to be indistinguishable from a modern picture frame in every detail, the Frame TV is able to seamlessly blend with any room decor. The Frame TV's interchangeable frame is the secret to interior harmony. It magnetically attaches to the standard metal frame, allowing the Frame to beautifully complement any space.
One Connect Mini Box: The Frame TV includes Samsung's One Connect Mini Box which connects to the television via a single 16' proprietary fiber optic cable. The One Connect Mini Box features 2 HDMI inputs, an Optical Digital output, and two USB-A 2.0 ports. The One Connect Mini Box provides clean integration of all your external devices so there's less clutter, plus allows you to update your TV with the newest software and features. The One Connect Mini Box measures 8.25" (w) x 1.375" (h) x 5.5625" (d).
- Proprietary Fiber Optic Cable: The included 8' proprietary fiber optic cable has a diameter 0.25" in diamter and each connector measures 1.375" (w) x 0.5" (h) x 2.25" (d). The cable is not directional and the connectors are interchangeable for connection at the Frame TV or One Connect Mini Box. When installing the proprietary fiber optic cable, make sure it is not bent at a 90-degrees or greater angle (this will damage the cable). The proprietary fiber optic cable is not rated for in-wall use, but can be run through 2" conduit.
- Detachable AC Power Cord: The One Connect Mini Box includes a detachable 5' AC power cord that plugs into the back of the box. The included 8' proprietary fiber optical cable which plugs in between the One Connect Mini Box and the Frame TV provides power to the television.
Pedestal Feet: The Frame TV comes with two pedestal feet for mounting it on top of a piece of AV furniture. The Frame TV is shipped with the pedestal feet unattached and stored on the back of the TV. The pedestal feet mount to the TV with the included hardware. You can install the Frame TV's pedestal feet traditionally or in a way so the Frame TV mimics a standing picture frame. The pedestal feet do not allow the Frame TV to swivel. The television weighs 11.9 lbs with the pedestal feet.
Included Wall Mount: The Frame TV comes with two brackets and hardware to mount the television on your wall. The brackets mount the Frame TV almost flush with your wall. You can mount the TV horizontally (landscape) or vertically (portrait). The wall-bracket does not swivel, tilt, or articulate. The TV weighs 11.7 lbs without the pedestal feet when wall mounted.
Note: The Frame TV cannot be used with other wall-mount brackets. You must use the included brackets to mount the Frame TV.
Ventilation Clearance: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
The Samsung QN32LS03B "The Frame" replaces these items
- includes special picture modes for displaying pre-loaded artwork or your own photos
- can rotate to display art in both portrait and landscape modes
- includes One Connect Box Mini, No Gap Wall Mount, and multi-position stand
1 question already asked