About the Record Doctor V
Clean your records for cleaner sound
Clean your records for cleaner sound
If there's dirt and grime in your record grooves, you'll probably miss some of the music, and hear some unwanted surface noise. The Record Doctor V record cleaning machine uses cleaning fluid, soft cleaning strips, and vacuum suction to get records clean, and extend their life.
How it works
Place the record on the Record Doctor's platter with the side you want to clean facing up. Apply cleaning fluid with the supplied brush, then flip your record over, switch on the built-in vacuum, and rotate your record by hand using the included record turner until the lower record face is dry. Now it should be clean and ready to play.
- vacuum-cleans vinyl records to remove dirt, dust and grime
- includes one bottle of Record Doctor RxLP® cleaning fluid
- manual record turner and fluid applicator brush included
- 12-9/16"W x 8-13/16"H x 7-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # RDV
What's in the box:
- Record cleaning machine
- Record platter
- Record turner
- RxLP cleaning solution
- Fluid applicator brush
- User's Guide
Customer reviews for Record Doctor V
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Record Doctor V
Record Cleaning Machine: Vacuum cleaning your records with the Record Doctor V is the best way to get dirt, dust, and grime out of the grooves and let you hear the music you've been missing. The Record Doctor V brings a number of benefits to LP listening - it improves the sound quality, helps your records maintain their value, and helps extend the life of your LPs. With a clean LP, your record stylus reproduces the music the way the artist intended it to sound; instead of plaguing you with clicks, pops, surface noise, and distortion.
Simple To Use: The Record Doctor V is quick and easy to use; it only takes a few minutes to clean both sides of an LP. The Record Doctor V features the same vacuum motor and vacuum cleaning strip as much more expensive machines, but it does not have the expensive motor that turns records for you. Instead, you will rotate your records manually by hand. The Record Doctor V features a precision roller bearing to make records spin easily, and a handy storage tank for the easy removal of spent record cleaning fluids. The Record Doctor V comes complete with a 4 oz fluid applicator bottle, applicator brush, and illustrated cleaning instructions.
- Use in a well-ventilated area and do not block the bottom vent while operating.
- Do not run the vacuum motor continuously while cleaning; turn on and off as needed.
- Use only high-quality, approved record cleaning solutions(like RxLP). Cheap or homemade solutions may damage valuable records.
- Never vacuum a dry record; this may damage the surface.
- If the machine becomes warm to the touch, stop cleaning and allow the machine to cool for at least an hour.
- The maximum recommended cleaning capacity is one hundred (100) LPs per day.
- After cleaning 25-30 records,or if any fluid leaks from the machine, unplug the Record Doctor from the AC, remove the bottom plug, and drain the spent cleaning fluid in a safe place. Do not reuse spent fluid, which may damage your records.
Safe For All Your LPs: With its plush record cleaning "brush", soft sweeper strips, and specially formulated record cleaning fluid, the Record Doctor V is safe for all of your LPs. The included Record Doctor RxLP cleaning solution is a non-alcohol industrial-grade cleaner safe for all vinyl records. Clean the records you already own plus any used LPs you find. But you also need to clean brand new records, because LPs come from the factory with dust and extraneous bits of vinyl in the grooves.
Power Requirements: The Record Doctor V cleaning machine features an attached 5.5' AC power cord that will need to be plugged into an AC power wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
4 questions already asked