About the Record Doctor VI 20th Anniversary Edition
Clean records = cleaner sound
Clean records = cleaner sound
Keeping your records clean reduces surface noise and helps to extend their playable life. The Record Doctor VI record cleaning machine uses cleaning fluid, felt cleaning strips, and vacuum suction to remove microscopic dust and grime from record grooves. The 20th Anniversary edition includes a large easy-grip manual record turner, and a durable, stain-resistant aluminum top.
How it works
Place the record on the Record Doctor's platter with the side you want to clean facing up. Apply cleaning fluid with the supplied brush, then flip your record over, switch on the built-in vacuum, and rotate your record by hand using the included record turner until the lower record face is dry. Now it should be clean and ready to play.
- vacuum-cleans vinyl records to remove dirt, dust and grime
- durable, stain-resistant aluminum top
- includes one bottle of Record Doctor RxLP® cleaning fluid
- easy-grip manual record turner and fluid applicator brush included
- 12-9/16"W x 9-15/16"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # RDVI-GLSWHT
What's in the box:
- Record cleaning machine
- Record platter
- Record turner
- RxLP cleaning solution
- Fluid applicator brush
- User's Guide
- Safety Guidelines
Customer reviews for Record Doctor VI 20th Anniversary Edition
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Record Doctor VI 20th Anniversary Edition
Record Cleaning Machine: Vacuum cleaning your records with the Record Doctor VI is the best way to get dirt, dust, and grime out of the grooves and let you hear the music you've been missing. The Record Doctor VI brings a number of benefits to LP listening - it improves the sound quality, helps your records maintain their value, and helps extend the life of your LPs. With a clean LP, your record stylus reproduces the music the way the artist intended it to sound; instead of plaguing you with clicks, pops, surface noise, and distortion.
Upgrades From the Record Doctor V: The new Record Doctor VI Record cleaning machine is the first major upgrade to the original Record Doctor V in the last ten years. This new machine is quieter and cleans better than all previous Record Doctor generations. The Record Doctor VI is loaded with improvements to make your entire record cleaning experience even better.
- The Record Doctor VI boasts a machined aluminum top plate. This metal plate makes the cabinet stronger, quieter, and more fluid resistant. It also dissipates heat better, and it looks much nicer than the old V top plate.
- A larger injection-molded record turner is easier to grip and turn than the record turner on previous models. It's also wider to completely cover the entire record label of the LP, preventing the label from getting wet during cleaning.
- It comes with a new high-quality record brush for fluid spreading. Featuring more than 260,000 ultra-fine nylon bristles, this brush reaches deep into record grooves to loosen stubborn grunge.
- The Record Doctor VI features new additional venting to reduce the unit noise level and decrease the internal heat.
Safe For All Your LPs: With its plush record cleaning "brush", soft sweeper strips, and specially formulated record cleaning fluid, the Record Doctor VI is safe for all of your LPs. The included Record Doctor RxLP cleaning solution is a non-alcohol industrial-grade cleaner safe for all vinyl records. Clean the records you already own plus any used LPs you find. But you also need to clean brand new records, because LPs come from the factory with dust and extraneous bits of vinyl in the grooves.
Simple To Use: The Record Doctor VI is quick and easy to use; it only takes a few minutes to clean both sides of an LP. The Record Doctor VI features the same vacuum motor and vacuum cleaning strip as much more expensive machines, but it does not have the expensive motor that turns records for you. Instead, you will rotate your records manually by hand. The Record Doctor VI features a precision roller bearing to make records spin easily, and a handy storage tank for the easy removal of spent record cleaning fluids. The Record Doctor VI comes complete with a 4 oz fluid applicator bottle, applicator brush, and illustrated cleaning instructions.
Guidelines For Operations: Please following the below guidelines when operating the Record Doctor VI.
- Use in a well-ventilated area and do not block the bottom vent while operating.
- Do not run the vacuum motor continuously while cleaning; turn on and off as needed.
- Use only high-quality, approved record cleaning solutions(like RxLP). Cheap or homemade solutions may damage valuable records.
- Never vacuum a dry record; this may damage the surface.
- If the machine becomes warm to the touch, stop cleaning and allow the machine to cool for at least an hour.
- The maximum recommended cleaning capacity is one hundred (100) LPs per day.
- Regularly clean the Record Doctor cleaning strips with a soft toothbrush. Always replace the cleaning strips at the first signs of wear.
- After cleaning 25-30 records,or if any fluid leaks from the machine, unplug the Record Doctor from the AC, remove the bottom plug, and drain the spent cleaning fluid in a safe place. Do not reuse spent fluid, which may damage your records.
Power Requirements: The Record Doctor VI cleaning machine features an attached 5.5' AC power cord that will need to be plugged into an AC power wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
5 questions already asked