About the Satco Starfish T24 RGB and Tunable White 4" LED Recessed Downlight (650 lumens)
Smart low-profile downlight
Smart low-profile downlight
This Starfish retrofit downlight gives you app control of color, brightness, lighting schedules, and more.
This ultra-shallow 4" tunable downlight can go almost anywhere. It's rated for wet locations so you can use it outdoors or in bathrooms. Its slim profile lets it fit in cabinets and other places where space is at a premium.
If you're comfortable shutting off the breaker and hardwiring these in place yourself, consider that you'll also need a hole-saw to cut the opening. If all that sounds daunting, you should probably call your electrician.
Flexible app and voice control
The downlight connects directly to your Wi-Fi, so there's no need for a hub. You then use the free Starfish Smart Lighting mobile app to turn it on and off, and dim or tune its hue. That can include shades of white light from warm and golden to cool and crisp, as well as literally millions of custom colors to suit any setting — party night or quiet dinner for two. You can also create your own lighting schedules using the app.
This light works with the major voice assistants, so you can control it hands-free whether you use Amazon Alexa, Siri (Siri Shortcuts), or Google Assistant. That means you can dim your lights or turn them on and off just by asking, whether you're at home or away — as long as you are connected to the internet.
Starfish by Satco
One of the largest privately owned companies in the lighting industry, Satco is headed by its founders' children. It's a family business dedicated to serving customers with dignity and principle.
Satco's smart lifestyle arm, Starfish, offers a flexible line of smart lights, outlets and switches. It's easy to get into and easy to expand.
- 4" hardwired tunable recessed LED
- compliant with California Title 24 energy efficiency standard
- adjustable brightness up to 650 lumens (roughly equivalent to a 45-watt incandescent bulb)
- tunable white color temperature: 2700-5000K (warm white to cool white light)
- tunable to millions of custom colors
- rated for wet locations
- IC-rated for direct contact with insulation
- works with your Wi-Fi — no hub required
- control your lights with the free Starfish Smart Lighting Mobile app for Apple® and Android™
- operate lights when you are away from home
- create on-off and fade schedules
- create and save scenes and effects
- select color and brightness
- use your voice to turn lights on or off, or adjust color and brightness
- Siri via Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone® or iPad®
- Google Assistant (devices sold separately)
- Amazon Alexa (devices sold separately)
- rated at 10 watts at full brightness
- expected life span: 25,000 hours
- requires 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi router
- not compatible with manual dimmer switches
- 5-3/8" diameter x 1-1/2"H light fixture
- 3-7/16"W x 1-1/4"H x 3-7/16"D junction box
- cutout required: 4-3/16" diameter
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # S11279
What's in the box:
- Color and tunable white 4" remote driver LED downlight with attached 6" pigtail (3-pin receptacle)
- Junction box with attached 12" pigtail (3-pin plug)
- User Guide
- Installation and Safety Instructions
Customer reviews for Satco Starfish T24 RGB and Tunable White 4" LED Recessed Downlight (650 lumens)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Satco Starfish T24 RGB and Tunable White 4" LED Recessed Downlight (650 lumens)
Overview: The Satco Starfish Wi-Fi 4" LED RGB and Tunable White Edge-Lit Remote Driver Downlight (S11279) is a two-piece ceiling light fixture that requires less than one inch in ceiling height to install. The fixture includes the LED light and a separate junction box, connected by an 18" cable. The light connects to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz) without a hub, and can be controlled through the Starfish Smart Lighting app. It also works with SmartThings and many of the leading voice assistants. The downlight carries a 5-year warranty.
California's Title 24: This downlight complies with California's Title 24 (T24), which means it meets the energy efficiency standards set by the California Energy Commission.
Wi-Fi: The downlight works with your home's Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz network and is controllable with a mobile device. Each Starfish light and light fixture has a Wi-Fi-enabled chip that is securely connected to a TLS 1.2 encrypted cloud platform to protect your privacy and ensure the highest level of security.
Dimmable/Tunable: Using the app, you can turn the light on and off, and dim or brighten its output. The downlight offers up to 16 million colors and thousands of tunable tones of white light from warm (2700K) to cool white (5000K).
Placement: The LED light is designed for installation in a circular hole in the ceiling. The 4" downlight requires a 4-3/16" diameter cutout. The light is rated for use in wet locations, such as bathrooms, basements, and overhangs. It is suitable for indoor or outdoor installations.
Installation Overview: The installation requires running residential wire to the fixture location and hardwiring it to the fixture's junction box. The pigtail from the junction box plugs into the connector on the LED light fixture. Once the light is lifted into the ceiling cutout, the torsion springs on the sides of the light hold it firmly into place.
Starfish Smart Lighting App: Satco's Starfish Smart Lighting app puts control of your home's lighting in the palm of your hand. With the app, you can control individual or groups of light bulbs. You can set schedules for your daily routines, to simulate occupancy, or for safety and security. The app also has a timer feature to save energy. With tunable and variable color bulbs, you can create a mood, set dynamic scenes, or paint your room with light. Multiple users can use the app to personalize their space, and you can control your lights from anywhere. The Starfish Smart Lighting app is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (iOS 10.0 or later) and Android devices with version 4.4 and up.
Voice Assistants: The Starfish Smart Lighting app integrates with many of the leading Voice Assistants, including Amazon Alexa, Hey Google, and Siri (through Siri Shortcuts). The app is also compatible with SmartThings for total home integration.
- Voltage: 120V
- Lumen Output: 650
- Energy Used: 10 watts
- CRI: 90
- Hours Rated: 25,000
- Color Temperature: 2700K-5000K
- Beam Angle: 110°
- Bulb Life (based on 3 hours/day): 22.8 years
- Estimated Yearly Energy cost: $1.20 (based on 3 hours/day, 11¢ kWh)
- Cutout Required: 4-3/16" diameter
- LED Light: Diameter 5.314", Height 1.465"
- Junction Box: Width 3.53", Height 1.223", Depth 3.525"
- LED Light: 5.65 ounces
- Junction Box: 7.95 ounces