About the Andover Audio SpinSub
Upgrade your SpinBase
Upgrade your SpinBase
Andover Audio's award-winning SpinSub has dual 6-1/2" woofers powered by a 100-watt (peak) Class D amplifier for deep bass. It's designed to match and enhance the SpinBase speaker system (sold separately), but it can work great in other systems, too. This sub fills in the lower frequency range of the SpinBase to add bass impact to your listening experience.
Connecting the SpinSub is a one-cable affair. Just use the included 3.5mm stereo mini cable to connect to the SpinBase. If you're hooking the sub up to a receiver, you can use the included stereo RCA-to-mini adapter. The dials on the back of the SpinSub make it easy to adjust the sub's output and adjust the low-pass filter to match your needs.
The full "Spin system"
The SpinSub neatly fits in the lower shelf of the SpinStand record stand (sold separately). There's also a shelf to hold the SpinBase spaker, with the SpinDeck turntable (sold separately) resting on the very top. This configuration neatly and cleanly keeps all your records and "Spin system" equipment in one place.
Steady as she goes
Worried that feedback from the sub's punchy bass is going to get picked up by your turntable's styus? Don't be. The SpinSub incorporates proprietary IsoGroove™ technology to reduce vibrations and prevent just that from happening.
About Andover Audio
Andover Audio is the electronics equivalent of a musical supergroup. Audio experts hailing from Cambridge, Bose, Harman, and other legendary companies brought their talents together at Andover in 2012 — originally to provide complementary services to other companies. Since then, the company has gradually turned their unique mixture of design, engineering, and manufacturing knowhow toward the creation of their own product line — one that artfully blends exceptional sound with distinctive design.
- powered subwoofer designed to match the SpinBase speaker (sold separately)
- dual 6-1/2" woofers with vented enclosure
- built-in 100-watt (peak) Class D amplifier
- frequency response: 32-180 Hz
- premium fabric covered frame
- neatly fits on the bottom shelf of a SpinStand (sold separately)
- IsoGroove technology reduces vibrations to help prevent your turntable's stylus from picking up feedback from your sub
- auto signal sensing turn-on
- low-pass filter: 50-180 Hz
- 3.5mm line input
- includes 9.8-foot braided 3.5mm stereo mini cable
- includes 3.5mm to RCA adapter
- 14-7/16"W x 12-15/16"H x 12-3/16"D
- weight: 21 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # AAMD4SU1BK01NA
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 9.75" Mono-minijack cable
- 6" Male mono-minijack to female stereo RCA jack cable
- Product Manual
- "Thank You" Card
Customer reviews for Andover Audio SpinSub
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Andover Audio SpinSub
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||6 1/2|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||50|
|Frequency Response||32-180 Hz|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-180Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
SpinSub: The SpinSub is a compact powered subwoofer that makes the perfect companion to Andover's SpinBase speaker system (sold separately), creating a full-range sound system that sounds great, easy to setup, and simple to use. The Andover SpinSub is also the perfect addition to a traditional audio system or small powered bookshelf speakers.
Dual Woofer Configuration: The SpinSub is equipped with dual side-firing 6.5" woofers arranged in a vibration-canceling array inside a bass-reflex cabinet with side-firing ports. The dual 6.5" woofer configuration is the equivalent cone are a single 9" woofer. The woofers are powered by an integrated 50 watt (RMS) / 100 watt (Peak) Class-D amplifier for dynamic, distortion-free bass.
IsoGroove Technology: The SpinSub is designed around Andover's patent pending IsoGroove technology, which reduces unnecessary vibrations to eliminate acoustic feedback. This enables SpinSub to be placed near a turntable, or even directly on a SpinStand (sold separately), without issue.
Rear-Panel Controls: The Andover SpinSub features a rear-panel Volume Level Control knob and Low-Pass Frequency knob to adjust the powered subwoofer's output to your room and speaker system.
- Volume Level: Adjust the volume level of the SpinSub to best match the output of the rest of your speaker system. Leaving this control centered will typically provide a good sonic blend with the SpinBase speaker system (sold separately). However, the optimum setting will depend on the room and placement of the subwoofer within the room.
- Low-Pass Frequency: Use the variable low-pass frequency control (50-180Hz) to adjust the low-pass crossover of the subwoofer. Sound above the selected frequency is attenuated at 12dB per octave. The recommend setting for use with the SpinBase speaker system (sold separately) is 80Hz, which is achieved with the knob adjusted to the center position.
Mono-Minijack Input: The SpinSub is outfitted with a single mono-minijack (3.5mm) input for connection to the Andover's SpinBase speaker system or other brand and model audio system. A minijack to stereo RCA adapter is included for audio system's with a stereo RCA subwoofer output.
Mounting & Placement Options: The SpinSub can be positioned on the floor as a stand-alone powered sub with the SpinBase or other speaker system. It can also be mounted on the bottom shelf of the SpinStand (sold separately), along with the SpinBase on the top-shelf to create a full-range audio system.
- It is usually best to place the SpinSub a few feet to either side of center of a wall.
- Corner placement will yield the strongest reinforcement of bass within the room, but may also further exacerbate standing waves and "boominess".
- Try various locations in your room to determine what location works best on your particular application.
Auto On/Off: The Andover SpinSub will automatically turn on when there is an active audio signal and turn off after a few minutes when no audio signal is present
Attached Power Cord: The Andover SpinSub has an attached 5.5' AC power cord that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).