About the Roswell Digital Media Receiver
Boat to the beat
Boat to the beat
Roswell's marine digital media receiver is made to deliver great sound to your boating adventures. This rugged receiver features a 3” color display, Bluetooth, a built-in 50-watt RMS amp, a 5-band EQ, and the inputs you'll need to expand your system later.
Lots of ways to play
This digital media receiver packs a lot of features into a compact design that's designed with marine use in mind. It fits a standard gauge opening, has an IP66 rating for water resistance, and features a UV-stable face and controls.
Built-in Bluetooth® lets you stream music from your smartphone, or you can use the AUX or charging USB inputs to enjoy tunes stored on a music player or thumb drive. You'll also be able to enjoy your favorite radio stations on the AM/FM tuner.
Want to build a multi-zone system? This receiver can support 4 zones (3 full-range and 1 sub-zone with an adjustable low pass filter) through its 2-volt RCA preamp outputs.
With Roswell's wired remote (sold separately), you and your passengers can control the entertainment from wherever you like.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- marine digital media receiver
- compact design fits into standard gauge openings
- 3" full-color display
- built-in amplifier (50 watts RMS x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming
- AM/FM tuner
- inputs: rear aux input, rear charging USB input (for USB drives)
- outputs: 2-volt preamp outputs
- 4 zones (3 full-range and 1 sub-zone with adjustable low pass filter)
- 5-band EQ
- IP66 rated for water resistance
- works with Roswell wired remote (sold separately)
- chassis mounting depth: 3.3"
- front dimensions: 4.5"W x 4.3"H
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # C920-21003
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- 39" USB extension cable
- Rubber cover
- 4 Screws
- Cutout Template
Customer reviews for Roswell Digital Media Receiver
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Roswell Digital Media Receiver
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|USB Port Power||0.5A|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Display Color||Full Color|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
Marine Certified (IP66): The Roswell marine digital media receiver is IP66-rated, protecting it against water and dust. The IP66-rating means the receiver is dust-tight and protected against strong jets of water. The Roswell marine digital media receiver has also been tested using ASTM standards (500 hours of UV exposure and 500 hours of salt fog spray), making sure it can withstand the harsh marine environment. A rubber cover is included to further protect the unit's front-panel when not in use.
Note: The Roswell marine digital media receiver is water resistant, but not waterproof. It should never be submerged in water or other liquids.
3" Full-Color Display: The Roswell marine digital media receiver features a 3" full-color display that offers support for video playback from a connected video source or camera, as well as support for song/artist/album information (no album art) from Bluetooth and USB source devices. You can brighten or dim the display. The brightness level can be adjusted from 0 to 10.
RGB Backlit Keypad: The Roswell marine digital media receiver features a RGB backlit keypad with twelve soft-touch, push-buttons and a 3-way rotary knob. The 3-way rotary knob controls the main volume level, as well as the volume for each Zone and the dual sub outputs. You can select from 7 color presets - Red, Green, Blue, Purple, Cyan, Yellow, or White.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Roswell marine digital media receiver offers built-in Bluetooth with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You'll be able to wirelessly stream music libraries, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet to the marine digital media receiver. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Advanced music navigation and will need to be done from your Bluetooth source device. In addition, the digital media receiver will display song/artist/album information (no album art) from your streaming music.
Note: The unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and answering phone calls.
USB Port: The Roswell marine digital media receiver is outfitted with a rear-panel USB-A port and comes with a 39" USB extension cable for connecting a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. You'll be able to playback MP3 music files on the USB thumbdrive through the digital media receiver. You'll also be able to control search and playback functions such as File/Folder List, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Fast Forward/Rewind. In addition, the receiver will display song/artist/album information (not album art) from music files on your USB device. The USB port is rated at 5V/0.5A and can be used to charge a smartphone device.
Note: The USB port does not support media playback from Apple iOS or Android devices, USB-hubs and card-readers, or laptops and computers.
AV Input + Camera Input: The Roswell marine digital media receiver features a rear-panel AV input that consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA jacks on a 5" pigtail. Using the AV input, you can connect an external audio/video source. There is also a camera input which consists of a composite video jack (on a 5" pigtail) and a 7" reverse wire (purple/white) attached to the rear chassis for connection of an external backup camera (sold separately). The AV input and camera input will display on the marine unit's 3" full-color display.
AM/FM Tuner: The Roswell marine digital media receiver is equipped with a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM stations presets and 12 AM station presets (for a total of 30 radio presets). The radio presets can be manually tuned or auto selected. You can choose between North American or European tuning.
Multi-Zone Audio: The Roswell marine digital media receiver offers mutli-zone audio capability with three full-range stereo zones (1-2-3) and one low-pass mono sub zone (dual mono sub). Zones 1 and 2 can be powered by the unit's built-in amplifier or external power amplifiers. Zone 3 and the Sub Zone can only be powered by external amplifiers (no built-in amplification). You can independently adjust the volume level of each Zone (1, 2, 3, and Subwoofer). The same audio source will be played back in each Zone (you cannot have different audio sources playing in different zones). However, you can mute a Zone so it doesn't play at all.
- 50W x 4Ch Amplifier: The Roswell marine digital media receiver employs a 50 watt x 4 channel amplifier that can power up to two pair of 4-ohm loudspeakers (1 pair in Zone 1 and 1 pair in Zone 2). The unit has a main volume range of 0-20. Each zone's volume level can also be adjusted independently.
- 8Ch/2V Preamp Outputs: The Roswell Marine digital media receiver is also outfitted with 8-channel/2-volt RCA preamp outputs for Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3, and Subwoofer. The Zone 1, Zone 2, and Zone 3 preouts are full-range stereo. The Subwoofer output is a low-pass, mixed mono signal (not stereo or full-range). You can adjust the subwoofer output's low-pass crossover frequency to 80Hz, 120Hz, or 160Hz. Each Zone and the subwoofer output have their own independent volume control (0-20).
- Equalizer: You can tailer the sound of the unit by selecting between 8 EQ preset options - Pop, Classic, Rock, jazz, Beat, Flat, Off, or User. The User setting allows you to further fine tune the sound by manually adjusting a 5-band EQ (Bass, Low-Mid, Mid, High-Mid, and Treble) from -12 to +12. You can also adjust Balance and Loudness (there is no fader). The EQ settings are done globally and affect all sources and zones.
Note: The same audio source will be played back in each Zone. You cannot have different audio sources playing in different zones. However, you can mute a Zone so it doesn't play at all.
Mounting Options: The Roswell marine digital media receiver's round chassis mounts in a gauge-style opening, while its rectangular front-panel surface mounts to the helm. The included screws secure the digital media receiver to the flat mounting surface.
- Cutout Dimensions: 3.0" (diameter) x 4.25" (depth)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 4.625" (wide) x 4.375" (height) x 1.4375" (depth)
- Screw Hole Spacing (4): 4.125" (wide) x 2.0" (height) x 1.0" (depth)
Optional Wired Remote: The marine digital media receiver features a proprietary 8-pin remote input connector that supports the Roswell wired remote control (sold separate), giving you the convenience of adding a secondary control location on your boat. The wired remote features an attached 5' DIN-cable terminated and comes with a 11.5" extension DIN-cable that will plug into the digital media receiver's proprietary 8-pin remote input jack. The wired remote offers a front-panel display and push-button controls. You can control source selection, volume, zone levels, and playback from the wired remote. The remote is designed to be surface mounted with a small circular cutout for the attached DIN-cable.
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 4.0" (width) x 2.875" (height) x 0.9375" (depth)
- Cutout Dimensions: 1.0" (diameter)
- Screw Hole Spacing (4): 3.6875" (wide) x 2.0625" (height) x 1.0" (depth)
Note: Only one wired remote can be connected to the Roswell marine digital media receiver.