About the Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier
A simple, high-fidelity streaming amp
A simple, high-fidelity streaming amp
The Roksan Attessa streaming amp handles digital and analog sources — including vinyl — with nimble, muscular Class AB power and onboard BluOS.
Introduce yourself to powerful British hi-fi sound with Roksan's Attessa streaming amp. It's got plenty of digital and analog connections, including a phono input, a built-in high-performance DAC, plus BluOS and Bluetooth with aptX® for wireless streaming.
And along with a really pleasant user-interface, it sports a refined industrial design and solid construction.
Robust Class AB amplification and construction
The Attessa is 4-ohm stable and can handle a wide range of speakers. Its powerful Class AB amplification can deliver 80 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 130 watts into 4 ohms.
The burly plated-steel construction and an anodized aluminum faceplate add to the heft of this amp. It has a central volume/source knob that you turn for volume and press to toggle through sources. Three front-panel buttons let you control music playback. The display is easy to grasp at a glance, with source selection displayed to its left and volume level on the right.
Flexible connections and high-res DAC
The Attessa's four digital and three analog inputs let you connect all sorts of stuff. You can add a turntable, CD player (the Attessa Turntable and CD Transport would be perfect matches), tuner, or what have you. To open up the world of digital music streaming, you'll connect to your home network using Ethernet or the included Wi-Fi dongle. And all of your digital sources will receive proper treatment from the built-in high-resolution DAC, which Roksan designed in-house.
The amplifier's AV bypass feature lets you connect the appropriate output from your home theater receiver to the Attessa to power your front left and right mains. And if you want to do some more discreet listening, plug into the front-panel 3.5mm headphone jack.
BluOS high-res streaming and multi-room expansion
The Attessa Streaming Amplifier's built-in BluOS streaming platform gives you access to a wide variety of streaming sources using a free app on your mobile device. Play TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify® and more — as well as music files on a network-attached computer, NAS drive, or USB thumb drive. And you can add, group, and control other BluOS speakers and components (sold separately), so you can have app-controlled music in different setups throughout your home.
App and remote control
You can use the included remote and the free MaestroUnite app for Apple® and Android™ devices to control the amp. Select sources, control playback, and change settings like the input sensitivity of your analog inputs, including gain settings for the moving magnet phono input, and more.
Roksan's British heritage
Roksan was founded in England in 1985, where the company continues to design and engineer its products. Their first product — the ground-breaking Xerxes turntable — established Roksan's expertise in vinyl playback, but since then the company has turned its attention to hi-fi digital audio and amplification, as well.
- 80 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- 130 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- total harmonic distortion + noise: <0.02 % at 1 kHz (1W @ 8 Ohms)
- Class AB amplification
- built-in high-performance DAC decodes PCM at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- built-in Bluetooth® with high-quality aptX® audio coding
BluOS network streaming
- supports audio signals up to 32-bit/192kHz
- multi-room expansion with Bluesound/BluOS wireless speakers and components
- connects to your home network via built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® or wired Ethernet for music streaming
- app-based streaming support for Amazon, Spotify, TIDAL, TuneIn, Napster, Deezer, Qobuz and more (subscription required for some services)
- free internet radio from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- free BluOS controller app for iOS®, Android™, Windows®, and Mac® OS X
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
Other specs & info
- frequency response: 5-50,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: >98 dB
- front-panel volume/source-select knob
- front-panel playback control buttons
- free MaestroUnite app for Apple® and Android™ devices allows easy system setup and amp control
- amp connects to your mobile device via Bluetooth
- remote control
- detachable power cord
- 3 unbalanced RCA analog inputs
- dedicated phono input for turntables with moving magnet cartridges
- 2 optical digital inputs (up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution)
- 2 coaxial digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- 2 USB Type A inputs for connecting an external drive or computer
- connect a USB thumb drive loaded with digital audio files
- connect included Wi-Fi dongle and extension cable
- Ethernet port for connecting to your home network
- binding posts for connecting a pair of speakers
- stereo RCA preamp output
- front-panel 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3.5mm IR receiver
- 3.5mm 12V trigger input and output
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/16"W x 3"H x 16-1/8"D
- weight: 22.875 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # ATTSTREAMAMPSU
What's in the box:
- Integrated streaming amplifier
- 6.5' AC power cord
- USB/WiFi dongle
- 2' USB extension cable
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Customer reviews for Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||80|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||130|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||98|
|DAC Bit Depth||24-bit|
|DAC Sample Rate||192 kHz|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|Built-in Radio Tuner||None|
|RCA Line-level Inputs||2|
|XLR Line-level Inputs||No|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||2|
|Stereo Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Home Theater Bypass||Fixed|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
|Apple AirPlay 2||Yes|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Stereo Amplifier: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier delivers 80 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms or 130 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (with both channels driven at 1kkHz and 0.02% THD) for dynamic sound reproduction from a variety of loudspeakers.
High Performance DAC: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier incorporates a high performance 24-bit/192kHz DAC that supports stereo 2ch audio with exceptional detail and clarity.
All Metal Construction: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier features a formed plated steel chassis and machined anodized aluminum front-panel that resists vibration.
Analog Line-Level & Phono Inputs: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier features two analog line-level stereo RCA inputs and one stereo Phono MM input for connection of external analog line-level devices (such as a CD player or tape deck), plus a vinyl record player with a MM (moving magnet) cartridge.
- Auto Sense: The analog line-level 2 input (A2) offers Auto Sensing, so the amplifier will automatically switch to that source input when it senses and audio signal.
- Sensitivity Level: The analog line-level 1 (A1) and analog line-level 2 (A2) offers sensitivity adjustment (Low/Mid/High) to cater to a variety of analog input sources.
- MM Gain: The phono input's Moving Magnet (MM) gain adjustment (Low/Mid/High) allows for the varying output voltages of different MM phono cartridges.
- AV Bypass Mode: When using the streaming amp as part of a home theater system with an AV receiver, the amp's analog line-level 2 input (A2) can be used to drive two channels with the AV receiver driving the rest.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The Attessa Streaming Amplifier is outfitted with a total of 4 digital audio inputs, including two optical (toslink) digital inputs and two coaxial (SPDIF) digital inputs. The two optical (toslink) digital inputs support up to 24-bit/96kHz stereo 2ch PCM audio, while the two coaxial (SPDIF) digital inputs supports up to 24-bit/192Khz stereo 2ch PCM audio.
Note: The optical and coaxial digital inputs do not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multichannel audio formats.
Dual USB-A Ports: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier features two USB (type-A) ports to directly connect your USB mass storage class (MSC) device; such as a thumbdrive or external hard-drive. The unit's USB ports support music playback (including Hi-Res) from compatible USB devices formatted in FAT 32. One of the USB-A ports can also be used for the included USB/WiFi dongle to make a wireless network connection.
|Compression||File Type||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate or Bit Depth|
|Lossless||WMA-Lossless||up to 96 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|FLAC||192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|Uncompressed||AIFF||up 192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
Built-in Bluetooth: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier offers built-in Bluetooth A2DP with support for wireless audio streaming (up to 49'). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the streaming amp. Playback control and song/artist/album info will still be done from your Bluetooth source device (not the Attessa Streaming Amplifier). In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the Attessa Streaming Amplifier offers support for Apple's AAC codec and Qualcomm's aptX codec.
- SBC: The SBC (Sub-Band Coding) is Bluetooth's standard audio codec that is universally compatible with all Bluetooth-enable devices. SBC supports up to 320kbps.
- AAC: AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) is a step-up from Bluetooth's standard SBC codec and is Apple's standard audio code. AAC supports up to 250kbps.
- aptX: aptX is an audio codec that can provide "CD-quality" music (up to 16-bit/44.1kHz). To utilize aptX, your Bluetooth source device (such as Android and Mac) must also support aptX.
Binding Post Speaker Output Terminals: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier is equipped with a set of binding post speaker output terminals that support bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). You will need to remove the plastic inserts on the binding post terminals to utilize banana plugs. You can connect a pair of 8 ohm or 4 ohm loudspeakers.
Stereo RCA Preouts: The Attessa Streaming Amplifier features a stereo RCA preout that can be used to connect an external power amplifier or powered subwoofer. The stereo RCA preout is full-range and does not offer a built-in low pass crossover.
Headphone Jack: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier features a front-panel 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack for connection of a set of headphones. When a set of headphones are connected, the Streaming Amplifier's speaker outputs and stereo RCA preouts will be automatically muted. The headphone jack's sensitivity level (Low/Mid/High) can be adjusted to cater to a variety of headphones.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier comes with a detachable 6.5' AC power cord (IEC 2-prong) that will plug into the back of the streaming amp and into an AC power outlet or surge protector/line conditioner (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Note: The streaming amplifier will go into standby mode if no audio signal or operation is received for approximately 20 minutes.
Protection Circuitry: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier employs protection circuitry which protect against over temperature, over current, short-circuit, and high/low voltage.
Mounting Options: Place the Attessa Streaming Amplifier on a level surface, with plenty of room around it for ventilation. If your using it with a Roksan Attessa CD Transport, make sure the Streaming Amplifier always stays on top if stacking.
Network & Multiroom Integration
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier can connect to your home network and Internet provider via a hardwired Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) jack connector or wireless WiFi (802.11 b/g/n) connection. Either network/internet connection allows you to stream music from internet radio, select online music services and stored music libraries on your network using BluOS.
Note: The included USB/WiFi dongle must be plugged into one of the USB ports on the Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier. If wireless connectivity is poor connect the USB/WiFi dongle to the supplied 2' USB extension cable for better signal.
BluOS Wireless High-Resolution Multiroom Audio: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier is a part of the BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio eco-system - consisting of powered speakers, soundbar speakers, amplifiers, players, and hard-drives. The BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio ecosystem uses your home's wired or wireless network to connect multiple Bluesound products and play your music in perfect sync, or different music simultaneously, anywhere in your home. BluOS can wirelessly transmit lossless music up to 24-bit/192kHz at ultra-fast speeds with no lag and zero loss in sound quality.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: The following audio sources can be used for multiroom audio playback - internet radio (including TuneIn & iHeart Radio); online music services (including Tidal, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer, Slacker, and Napster); Bluetooth & USB audio, plus music libraries (from computers and NAS drives). *The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier is unable to share its analog or digital inputs with other BluOS devices due to hardware limitations.
- Number of BluOS Zones: Up to 16 Bluesound devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. Demonstrated practice has shown that you can create up to 8 groups of 8 Bluesound devices or 4 groups of 16 Bluesound devices. If you want to connect more than 16 Bluesound devices, you will need to connect the Bluesound devices to your network using a wired connection. BluOS can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
High Resolution Audio: High-resolution audio tracks are either 24-bit/96kHz or 24-bit/192kHz, and contain up to 6.5x more data than standard CDs, letting you hear all the detail of your favorite music in superior quality. With full support for hi-res audio, you can stream WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, WMA-Lossless, MQA music files over your home's WiFi network or directly from a connected USB mass storage class device. The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier also supports compressed music files such as MP3, AAC, WMA and OGG. The BluOS system has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 200,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). BluOS also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.
|Compression||File Type||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate or Bit Depth|
|Lossless||WMA-Lossless||up to 96 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|FLAC||192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|Uncompressed||AIFF||up 192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
Master Quality Authenticated (MQA): The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier will playback and decodes MQA content from BluOS network audio sources. Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) is a revolutionary end-to-end technology built into the Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier that captures and delivers master quality audio. The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier includes a powerful decoder and audio renderer for the MQA system. This ensures that MQA-encoded audio files sound exactly like the source. MQA indicators are both shown on the front-panel display of the BluOS Streaming DAC and in the BluOS app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
Online Music Services: Many popular music streaming services and internet radio apps are built right into BluOS, giving you an all-access pass to millions of songs and the freedom to listen to everything you want to hear. Using the BluOS Controller app, you can instantly discover and enjoy millions of songs from your existing music services, tune in to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts from around the world, or access and listen to the music collections stored on your smartphone, tablet or laptop on any and Bluesound in your home. Subscription and purchase fees will apply to online music services.
- Amazon Music: Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Prime & Unlimited Music. With the addition of Amazon Music HD, you will now be able to play Ultra HD music (24-bit/48kHz to 192kHz) on supported Bluesound devices from the BluOs App when choosing Amazon Music. An Amazon Music (Prime, Unlimited, or HD) subscription will be required
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to a free or paid Spotify subscription and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the Bluesound system using Spotify Connect. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- TIDAL Connect: The integration of Tidal Connect will enable Tidal users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Bluesound device from within the Tidal app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Qobuz: Qobuz offers the biggest catalog of Hi-Fi and Hi-Res albums in the world, both for new releases and specialized genres. For hundreds of thousands of albums, Qobuz includes all the information you need to recreate the appeal of a real CD - the names of musicians, producers, lyrics (everything you need to know to appreciate your favorite albums). Qobuz offers MP3, CD, and Hi-Res quality subscriptions.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio is accessible through the BluOS app and lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more. Subscription fees will apply.
- TuneIn: The Bluesound system includes access to more than 70,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn internet radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 70,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- iHeart Radio: iHeart Radio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- Slacker: Get the sound quality that you deserve with the new Slacker music library available in high-quality AAC audio on Bluesound. Listen to music streams at a bitrate of 320kbps and enjoy all your favorite Slacker stations in pristine MP3-quality.
- Deezer: Deezer lets you explore over 53 million tracks (and counting), and discover artists and tracks you'll love with personalized recommendations from the Deezer Editors. Bluesound even supports Deezer HiFi for lossless quality ($19.99 per month).
- Other Services: Other online music services include HighResAudio, Murfie, JUKE, KKBox, SoundMachine, and more.
AirPlay 2: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier will support AirPlay 2 through an available firmware update. With AirPlay 2, you'll be able to stream just about any sound (including music, books, podcasts and more) from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to the Bluesound system - all in sync. You can even watch movies and videos from Netlfix or YouTube on your Apple device while streaming the audio through to the Bluesound system. AirPlay 2 also gives you more options for control, including using Siri voice assistance. If you are an Apple Music subscriber and add the Node 2i to the Apple Home App on your iPhone or iPad, you can use your iOS device or HomePod to say things like - "Hey Siri, play jazz in the Living Room" or "Hey Siri, turn up the volume in the Kitchen." You can even group Gen 2i Bluesound products with older Bluesound products in the BluOS App to add AirPlay 2 compatibility to your entire BluOS system.
Roon Ready: Roon Ready network devices (such as Bluesound and Roksan) have Roon's streaming technology built-in, and are certified by Roon Labs to provide the highest level of quality and performance in network streaming. Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play across all other Roon enabled audio devices in your home. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, DSD, and MQA) collected on hard drives and networked storage. It can also watch your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with all the Roon enabled devices around your house. Simply select the music you wish to play and the Bluesound product or other Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Bluesound product. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or turnkey appliance (like Nucleus or ROCK - sold separately), located on the network within your home.
Computer Audio: BluOS lets you easily connect and share your music collection from a computer or network-attached storage drive and access up to 200,000 tracks for wireless streaming. The BluOS wireless music system will pull music from an existing digital music library across the network on your Windows PC, Mac computer, or NAS drive using Windows or SMB File Sharing (SAMBA) and the BluOS Controller app for Windows (XP-up) & Mac (OS X 10.7-up). However, File Sharing is not enabled by default on Windows or Mac. You will have to manually alter these settings in your computer's menu system.
Advanced Control Functions
MaestroUnite App: The MaestroUnite app (for Apple iOS 15.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) lets you create a unified system between the Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier and Attessa CD Transport. The MaestroUnite app provides setup, control, unified on/off status, and future firmware updates for the Attessa Streaming Amplifier and CD Transport - all from a single app on your compatible mobile device. The MaestroUnite app even gives you control of features like input configuration, headphone sensitivity, analog input gain, balance and standby mode. The MaestroUnite app connects via Bluetooth with the Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier and CD Transport.
BluOS Controller App: The free BluOS Controller app (for Apple iOS 9.3-up, Android OS 4.1-up, Windows XP-up, and Mac OS X 10.7-up) turns your mobile device or computer into a full-featured wireless remote control for the Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier and the BluOS wireless multiroom audio system. The BluOS Controller app on your compatible device uses your home's WiFi network to connect with Bluesound devices, so you can play all the music you love anywhere in your home for a wireless multiroom music experience. Get on-demand access to your music libraries on your home network, stream live Internet radio from almost any place in the world, or listen to one of the many music services available on Bluesound, all from the palm of your hand with the easy-to-use BluOS Controller app.
- Multiroom Audio: Play a different song at the same time in different rooms, or group all your BluOS enabled devices together and listen to your favorite music in perfect sync throughout your home.
- Now Playing Screen: Control your music and adjust the volume in any room, get rich album artwork and detailed artist info, right from the Now Playing screen. Even check what quality you are streaming at to ensure the best possible listening experience.
- Individual Songs & Playlists: Tap a song and have it play instantly, or create and edit playlists on the fly by simply adding songs or entire albums to the play queue. Playlists can then be saved inside the app and listened to at any time.
Alexa & Google Assistant Voice Control: The Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier will support Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control. Using an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), you can use your voice to access your music libraries on your local network, select presets from online music services, control music playback functions such as Play/Pause/Skip, adjust volume levels, play music in different rooms, and even group rooms together. Each Alexa voice command will need to start with the phrase "Alexa or Google, ask Blue Voice to" or "Alexa or Google, tell Blue Voice to". Alexa and Google Skills for BluOS will need to be setup through the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 4.4+) or the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+ ).
- The integrated amp does not feature a built-in microphone and requires a separate Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories tab) for voice control.
- Click here for more information regarding Alexa setup and voice commands. Click here for more information regarding Google Assistant setup and voice commands.
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier. The remote offers controls for power, source, volume, playback and menu functions.
- Power On/Off
- Menu Settings
- Source Selection
- Volume Up/Down/Mute
- Play/Pause (Attessa CD Transport)
- Stop/Open/Close (Attessa CD Transport)
- Previous/Next Track (Attessa CD Transport)
- Fast Forward/Rewind (Attessa CD Transport)
IR Input: If the streaming amp is in a different room or cabinet, IR commands can be sent to the unit electrically via the rear-panel IR input (3.5mm). The IR input is compatible with many home automation installations including Logitech Harmony, early Crestron and Control 4 installations (all sold separately).
12V Triggers: The Attessa Streaming Amplifier is outfitted with a 12V trigger input (3.5mm) and output (3.5mm). The 12V trigger input allows you to remotely turn on the streaming amp from another component supplying a 12V signal. The streaming amp's 12V trigger output is linked to its 12V trigger input and can be used to daisy-chain another component with a 12V trigger for synchronized turn on/off.