About the HoMedics Total Recline Shiatsu Massage Cushion
Sit down or lie back for your massage
Sit down or lie back for your massage
HoMedics' versatile Total Recline Shiatsu Massage Cushion can give you heated shiatsu massage whether you're sitting up, leaning back, or lying down. That means you can use it on your chair, bed, couch, or floor. It's got two speeds of shiatsu massage that use deep-kneading nodes that work up and down the entire length of your back. It's also got three-speed vibration massage in the seat, to help release tight glute and piriformis muscles.
Comfortable height adjustment and lumbar mobility
SmartScan technology senses your height (up to 6'7”) for accurately targeting your neck and shoulder massage. It also has Air Flex air-compression technology that inflates and deflates to support and stretch your lumbar spine. And this cushion's substantial padding and cozy, washable heathered fabric cover make it super-comfortable.
- heated shiatsu, vibration, and air-compression back massager
- use while seated upright, reclined, or flat on your back
- two-speed shiatsu spinal massage
- SmartScan technology detects heights up to 6'7" for targeted neck and shoulder work
- three-speed vibration seat massage
- air-compression lumbar support stretch
- soothing heat with or without massage
- control with included wired handheld remote
- remote stores in pocket behind the back support
- 15-minute auto-off safety feature
- washable fabric cover
- power adapter included
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # MCS-1010HJ
What's in the box:
- Massage cushion with attached 12" power pigtail (male DC barrel) and wired controller (33" cable)
- AC adapter with attached 60" DC output cord (DC output: 12V 4A)
- 57" AC power cord (C7 plug)
- Instruction Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Product note
Customer reviews for HoMedics Total Recline Shiatsu Massage Cushion
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the HoMedics Total Recline Shiatsu Massage Cushion
Overview: The Homedics Total Recline Shiatsu Massage Cushion (MCS-1010HJ) is a versatile massage cushion that lets you decide how to enjoy your massage therapy. You can use it sitting up in a chair, leaning back on the couch, or lying down on the floor or bed. It offers deep-kneading Shiatsu massage for your back and shoulders, AirFlex lumbar stretch for your lower back, and seat vibration for your glutes. In addition, you can apply soothing heat for added comfort and to relax muscles. The Massage Cushion has a wired controller and a 6-foot AC power cord.
Therapy Positions: The Total Recline massage cushion can be used in a variety of ways, whichever suits your needs or your location:
- Sitting: The massage cushion can turn virtually any chair or seat into a comfortable massage chair. Using the cushion while sitting up allows you to do other tasks, such as work or read.
- Reclining: The massage cushion can be used while leaning back but not fully lying down. One example of this is to prop the top of the back support against the arm of a sofa and recline at an angle.
- Lying Down: You can use the Total Recline cushion while lying down flat on the floor, couch, bed, or other horizontal surface. The seat cushion also extends out so it lies flat. This position may provide the most effective therapy for your aching muscles.
Therapies: The Total Recline Shiatsu Massage Cushion lets you select the type and location of therapy that you need. Shiatsu massage, AirFlex, and heat therapies are applied in the back support, while vibration therapy is available in the seat cushion. The Wired Controller is 2-1/4" x 6-3/4" with a 33" cable, and can be stored in the pocket on the back of the back support. You can select from the following:
- Shiatsu Massage-Neck: The Massage Cushion is equipped with two rotating nodes inside a pad that goes behind the head. When you power on the unit, SmartScan™ technology will scan the length of your head and neck and detect your height (up to 6'-7") for proper alignment. You can further adjust the height to pinpoint desired areas. Dual rotating massage nodes provide relaxing massage to your neck and upper shoulders.
- Shiatsu Massage-Back: The back support cushion features dual rotating nodes that provide deep-kneading Shiatsu massage to tight, aching muscles of the back. The nodes are on a track and migrate up and down the length of the back support. Using the wired controller, you can control the speed of the massage therapy (low or high). You can also stop the up/down movement for Spot Massage of a troublesome area. You can select the zones of the back where you wish to concentrate the massage action. Massage Zones include the upper back, lower back, or full back. When the Shiatsu Massage is turned off, the massage nodes return to its lowest point.
- Heat: To supplement the Shiatsu Massage, you can add soothing heat to enhance your therapy. Heat therapy adds to your relaxation, and loosens tight muscles during your massage. You can apply heat only during Shiatsu Massage. It cannot be turned on by itself.
- AirFlex: Air chambers located in the lower portion of the back support can be inflated and deflated to provide support and stretching action to your lumbar area. Up and down arrows on the wired controller let you set the desired inflation. The AirFlex therapy cannot be used at the same time as the Shiatsu back massage.
- Vibration Massage: Vibration Massage is provided in the seat cushion to target pain or inflammation in your lower back and glutes. Each press of the Vibrate button on the controller cycles through the three vibration intensities. A fourth press will turn off the vibration massage therapy.
Materials: The Massage Cushion is made of premium materials. The back support features a contoured polyurethane foam padding covered by a durable 100% polyester woven fabric. It can be spot cleaned with a soft, slightly damp sponge. No water or other liquid should come into contact with the unit. The neck massage cover is removable for hand washing and line drying.