About the Nanoleaf Elements Smarter Kit
Smart lighting that looks elegant — on or off
Smart lighting that looks elegant — on or off
There are tons of cool ways to decorate your home with light, but these wood-look panels from Nanoleaf are the only ones I've seen that hold their own as wall art even when the lights are off. This kit includes seven hexagonal panels that can be arranged in any pattern you like to create a display that's unique to you. Each corner in a panel can be individually adjusted with your choice of warm to cool white light for just the right ambiance.
Nanoleaf Elements offers ambiance lighting with a polished look. (Extra panels sold separately.)
Grow your glow
Need more than seven panels to execute your artistic vision? Pick up an expansion pack. The included power supply can support up to 21 hexagons.
Using optional additional power supplies available from Nanoleaf, you can expand your system even further. The controller that comes with this base kit can control up to 80 connected panels.
Make a scene
Nanoleaf offers 11 pre-designed scenes for your Elements panels. Get cozy with the firelike "Ember" option or soothe yourself with "Calming Waterfall." You can also create your own scenes — both static (still) and dynamic (animated).
No Bridge required
Nanoleaf Elements connects to your Wi-Fi network directly, so there's no need for a separate hub. You then use the free Nanoleaf app to group and control your lighting. You can change the color temperature and brightness of each panel, create and download scenes, and preview panel configurations.
Control with a tap
I love having smart lighting at home, but my husband really doesn't want to have to use an app to control lights. So Nanoleaf's Touch Control feature is a major selling point in my book. You can designate what happens when you tap or swipe a panel. And your options aren't limited to adjusting the light emitted from the panel group you're actually touching — you can control other compatible smart home gear, too, including Nanoleaf Essentials lighting.
A simple controller is also included in this base kit. It can turn your lights on and off, control brightness, change scenes, and activate the Rhythm feature that syncs your lights to music.
Or use your voice
You can also adjust your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. Nanoleaf Elements work with Siri, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant devices (sold separately).
- seven hexagonal wood-look panels can be arranged in any pattern you like for a unique light display
- group and control your lighting with the free Nanoleaf app for Apple® and Android™
- use schedules to automate your routines
- preview different panel configurations with the Layout Assistant
- choose your favorite shades of warm and cool white light (1500-4000K)
- choose from 11 curated scenes or create your own glow effects
- Nanoleaf Desktop app available for Windows and Mac computers
- simplifies the management of larger installations
- adjustable brightness up to 22 lumens per panel
- customizable Touch Action controls
- swipe or tap the panels to turn them on and off, adjust the brightness, or change scenes
- compatible with Apple HomeKit (Siri), Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- use your voice to turn lights on or off, adjust brightness, or select a scene
- Rhythm feature syncs lights to your music
- compatible with IFTTT and SmartThings
- Circadian Lighting feature automatically adjusts the color temperature of white light based on the time of day (coming soon)
- mount with included double-sided tape or screw mounts (screws and wall anchors not included)
- lifespan: approximately 25,000 hours of use
- communication protocol: Wi-Fi (requires 2.4 GHz network)
- works as a Thread border router for Nanoleaf Essentials products
- connects your Nanoleaf Thread network to your Wi-Fi
- included power supply can support up to 21 hexagons (additional panels sold separately)
- included controller can support up to 80 hexagons (additional panels and power supplies sold separately)
- panels are made of a PVC laminate with a wood-grain finish
- 9-1/16"W x 7-7/8"H x 7/16"D (each panel)
- weight: 8.25 oz. (each panel)
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # NL52-K-7003HB-7PK
What's in the box:
- 7 Hexagon-shaped wood laminate light panels
- 7 Mounting plates (attached to the light panels)
- 8 Large adhesive pads (7 attached to mounting plates)
- Small adhesive pad (for Controller)
- 8 Linkers
- Power supply with attached 98" DC output cord (DC output: 42V 1A 42W)
- US 2-prong AC plug adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Design suggestions
- Nanoleaf decal
Customer reviews for Nanoleaf Elements Smarter Kit
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nanoleaf Elements Smarter Kit
Overview: Nanoleaf Elements are modular "wood look" smart light panels that can be connected together to create designs and shapes on the walls and ceilings in your home. The panels are made of PVC and feature a laminate woodgrain finish. Elements connect to each other via Linkers. This Nanoleaf Smarter Kit (NL52-K-7003HB-7PK) contains 7 hexagonal-shaped light panels, each with an attached Mounting Plate, 8 Linkers, a Controller, and a power supply. You can expand this Smarter Kit with Elements Expansion Packs (sold separately), which give you 3 additional wood look hexagon light panels for creating larger designs. You can mix Elements with Nanoleaf Shapes, which come in Hexagons, Triangles, and Mini Triangles for multi-color creations. A total of up to 22 Elements panels can be connected to a single 42W power supply.
Elements Light Output: Each Elements smart light panel has a total of 20 lumens of light output per panel. The panel produces a range of ambient light from cool white to warm white. The Color Temperature can be adjusted from 1500K to 4000K.
Connect+ Technology: Nanoleaf Elements, like Shapes (hexagons, triangles, and mini triangles), feature Connect+ Technology that allows them to work together to create mosaics of light. You can mix and match Elements and Shapes to give you unlimited possibilities in designs. Connect+ also provides Touch Actions and Touch Gestures. A single touch on a panel can activate HomeKit Scenes that can control some or all of your HomeKit products. You can even play games using the Touch Actions controls. Touch Gestures, such as swiping up, down, left, or right or double tapping can be configured into specific commands using the Nanoleaf Smarter Series App. For example, you can use Touch Gestures to turn the brightness up or down, turn the panels on or off, or shuffle through Rhythm or Color Scenes.
Elements Control: Nanoleaf Elements can be controlled in a variety of ways. In addition to Touch Controls (described above), you can connect the included Controller to any of the panels in your design to enable onboard control. The Controller has buttons to Dim and Brighten, cycle through Rhythm Scenes or Color Scenes, and Shuffle the preset scenes, plus other Advanced Controls. Shapes can be controlled wirelessly through the Nanoleaf Smarter Series app, available for iOS, Android, Mac, and PC. The lights are also compatible with Apple HomeKit (Siri), Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant, to let you control your Elements by your voice.
Wi-Fi / Thread: Elements connect directly to your Wi-Fi network 2.4 GHz b/g/n) without the need for a hub or bridge. They are also compatible with the Thread mesh network (IEEE 802.15.4 MAC/PHY), and interconnect with other Nanoleaf Essentials light strips and smart bulbs for advanced control. Elements work as a Thread Border Router which supports bi-directional connectivity between Thread and Wi-Fi/Ethernet networks.
Nanoleaf Smarter Series App: The Nanoleaf Smarter Series app allows you to design, setup, and control your Nanoleaf lights from the palm of your hand. The app features a Layout Assistant to help you design your Nanoleaf lights, whether its how the lights are put together physically, or choosing colors in a custom configuration. You can choose from 19 lighting scenes or create your own custom color layout. Each Nanoleaf light can be turned on/off individually or in groups, and dimmed or brightened as you desire. You can also choose from millions of colors from the intuitive color wheel for full-color lights. The lights can be automated into set schedules to meet your daily lighting needs, dimming at night and gently brightening as you wake up. The app lets you turn on Rhythm Scenes that dance to your music, or activate the Screen Mirror that causes the Nanoleaf lights to mimic the on-screen activity for movies and gaming. Connect your lights with your smart home assistant, such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri (Apple HomeKit), and use voice commands to control them hands free. Nanoleaf products also work with IFTTT, Samsung SmartThings, and Razer Chroma RGB. The Nanoleaf Smarter Series app is available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 12.0 or later, and smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 and up. Apps for Windows PCs and Macs are also available.
Installation: Nanoleaf Elements are easy to install. Each panel has a removable Mounting Plate that holds the lighting panel to the wall or ceiling. Strong adhesive strips for each Mounting Plate and the Controller are provided. Mounting to textured, porous surfaces (such as wallpaper, brick), popcorn walls/ceilings, or mirrors is not recommended. The Mounting Plates have removable bases that have 2 screw holes for more secure mounting, especially recommended if you're mounting the panels to the ceiling. The panels are connected together side-by-side using the provided Linkers. All of the panels, plus the Controller and Power Supply, must be interconnected. The Power Supply has an 8-foot power cord that connects to one of the panels. It is recommended that you design your layout on a table or floor before mounting to the wall to make sure the design works the way you want. You should measure the height and width of your design to make sure it fits into your space. QR Codes for pairing your Elements to the Nanoleaf Smarter Series App can be found on the Power Supply and Controller, as well as printed on the front cover of the Quick Start Guide.
Mixing/Matching Elements: The Nanoleaf Elements can be mixed and matched with Shapes (Hexagon, Triangles, and Mini Triangles), to create beautiful designs. Each standard Power Supply (PSU) supports up to 22 Elements (up to 2 watts per panel). If you are mixing Elements with Shapes, you can determine if you have enough power supplies in your layout by using the online PSU Calculator.
- Lumens (per panel): 20 lumens
- Color Configuration: Ambient whites--Cool White to Warm White
- Color Temperature: 1500K-4000K
- Max Energy Consumption: 2W (each)
- Max Panels per 42W Power Supply: 22
- Max Panels per Controller: 80 panels
- Width (point-to-point): 9.029"
- Height (side-to-side): 7.862"
- Depth (with mounting plate): 0.416"
- Controller: Length 4.472", Height 0.791", Depth 0.407"
- Linkers: Width 0.686", Height 1.579" Depth 0.256"
- Panels: 8.25 ounces (each)
- Controller: 0.7 ounces