About the Monster DNA Max
Take your music anywhere
Take your music anywhere
The Monster DNA Max portable Bluetooth speaker has a compact footprint that's less than 5" wide. But its omnidirectional design creates big, powerful, sound across a surprisingly wide area. You can enjoy rich, full-sounding music wherever you place it — in your home, in your office, or outside.
Spacious omnidirectional sound
The DNA Max features a four-speaker array. It's designed to deliver balanced, detailed sound in a 360° radius. The array has two active drivers and two passive radiators that enhance the bass output. A built-in 30-watt amplifier delivers satisfying punch.
Fast Qi wireless charging
The DNA Max comes with its own Qi wireless charging base. Just place the speaker over the pad. Built-in magnets guide it into position and hold it securely for charging.
Don't have the charger with you? No problem. The DNA Max is compatible with all standard Qi chargers, so if there's one handy, you're good.
The Monster Share feature keeps things simple. With the press of a button you can activate Party Mode. This syncs your DNA Max with one or more compatible DNA speakers for bigger sound. Up to 99 compatible speakers, as a matter of fact. And all without needing an app!
Other cool features
The DNA Max gives you up to 14 hours of operation from its built-in rechargeable battery. And you can use some of that power to keep your smartphone charged. Monster provides a premium USB-C cable with the speaker to connect to the charging port. A built-in mic lets you use the speaker to take calls with your paired phone.
- Bluetooth 5.1 wireless operation
- two 2-1/16" active transducers and two 2-3/4" x 1-1/2" passive radiators
- 360° omnidirectional sound
- IP67-rated design is dust-tight and waterproof
- Party Mode lets you wirelessly sync the DNA Max with up to 99 other DNA speakers
- top-mounted control buttons
- detachable hand strap
- USB-C charging port for portable devices
- premium USB-C charging cable included
- built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery lasts up to 14 hours
- built-in microphone lets you take calls through the speaker using your paired phone
- magnetic Qi wireless charging pad
- compatible with all standard Qi wireless chargers
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 4-7/16"W x 8-7/8"H x 3"D
- weight: 2.43 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # 2MNBD1116B9L2
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- Charging pad
- USB-C/AC power adapter
- 6' USB-C cable
- User Manual
Customer reviews for Monster DNA Max
Average review:4.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monster DNA Max
Features & specs
|Weather Resistance||Dust-proof/Waterproof (IP67)|
|Power and Battery Info|
|Built-in Battery||Y (20 hours)|
|Charges External Device Via USB||Yes|
|Runs On AC Power||No|
|Bluetooth Version And Supported Audio Formats|
|Other Wireless Features|
|Unison Pairing (Party Mode)||Yes|
|Amplification (Watts RMS)||30|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Waterproof & Dustproof (IP67): The Monster DNA Max portable Bluetooth speaker is IP67-rated which means it can withstand immersion in water up to 3-feet deep for 30 minutes, plus is protected from dust intrusion. You can feel confident taking the DNA Max speaker by the pool, to the park, on your camping trip, or other outdoor adventures.
Omnidirectional Sound: The Monster DNA Max portable Bluetooth speaker houses two 2.0625" drivers and two 2.75" x 1.5" passive radiators with a frequency response of 90Hz to 20kHz. There is one 2.0625" driver and one 2.75" x 1.5" passive radiator coupled together on each side of the speaker for omnidirectional sound all around your listening area. The two 2.0625" drivers are powered by a 15 watt x 2 channel amplifier for clear, distortion-free sound outdoors or indoors.
Bluetooth 5.1: The Monster DNA Max speaker features built-in Bluetooth 5.1 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP 1.2) and control AVRCP (1.2), plus hands-free communication (HFP 1.5) with a built-in microphone (HSP 1.1). You can pair multiple Bluetooth-enabled devices to the DNA Max, but only one device can be connected and used at a time. It has a Bluetooth wireless range up to 150-feet.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly streaming stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the DNA Max speaker. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Advanced playback functions and song/artist/album information will still be done from your Bluetooth-source device.
- Hands-Free Communication: You'll also be able to take calls on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone using the Monster DNA Max. Simply use the speaker's top-panel controls to answer a call and speak into the DNA Max's built-in microphone, while listening to the caller through the DNA Max speaker. You can also end or reject a phone call using the speaker's top-panel controls. The Monster DNA Max only allows you to answer a call; you cannot make a call from the speaker.
Note: Your Bluetooth streaming music will pause during a phone call, and start playback againn once the call is ended or rejected.
Top-Panel Controls: The Monster DNA Max speaker offers convenient top-panel push-button controls for frequently used functions such as Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Answer/End/Reject, Pairing, and Party Mode (Monster Share).
Party Mode (Monster Share): Party Mode (Monster Share) lets you synchronize your music with up to 99 other Monster DNA speakers (sold separately). Simply use the DNA Max's top-panel controls (no smartphone app required) to sync your other Monster DNA speakers to create an outdoor area full of sound.
USB-C Charging Port: The Monster DNA Max is outfitted with a USB-C charging port (5V/1A) and comes with a 6' USB-C cable to fast charge your portable electronic devices, like your smartphone or tablet.
Rechargeable Battery + Qi Charging Pad: The Monster DNA Max features a built-in lithium-on rechargeable battery (7.4V/500mAh) that can provide up to 20 hours of music playback and 100 hours of standby time. The DNA Max also includes a magnetic Qi wireless charging pad (10W) custom designed for the speaker and its built-in rechargeable battery. The charging pad plugs into the included USB/AC power adapter and an available AC power outlet. The Qi wireless charging pad can fully charge the built-in battery in about 5 hours. In addition, the DNA Max can be used with other Qi wireless chargers (sold separately).
Detachable Hand-Strap: A detachable hand-strap makes the Monster DNA Max portable Bluetooth speaker easy to carry at only 2.43 lbs.