About the SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro (PC, PlayStation®)
SteelSeries at its best
The SteelSeries Arctis Pro offers game-changing sound full of fine detail and depth.
SteelSeries at its best
The Nova Pro is the best wired model of SteelSeries's well-rated line of Arctis gaming headphones. The headset's high-fidelity drivers offer detailed, nuanced sound that brings your games to life for greater immersion. And active noise cancellation for both your game's soundtrack and your team chat removes distractions to keep your competitive edge sharp.
These pro-grade headphones are also made for long gaming sessions, offering a secure fit with a soft, stretchy headband liner and comfy leatherette earcups.
Headphone amp/DAC included
This pro-grade wired headset comes with SteelSeries's GameDAC Gen 2, which supports ultra-clear high-res playback up to 24-bit/96kHzt. This DAC also lets you connect to two different sources at once. You can plug in a PC and a console at the same time and quickly switch between them with a couple button presses.
The GameDAC also allows you to adjust your settings with a 10-band parametric equalizer and balance your game audio and team chat for additional clarity. And it features line-in and line-out minjack connections for extra flexibility.
The GameDAC Gen 2 lets you seamlessly switch between two different sources on the fly.
Keep your team chat noise-free
This headset's broadcast-quality boom mic is built into the left earcup and is fully retractable. It uses advanced noise cancellation to remove distracting background sounds from your group chat — like the sound of a teammate chewing. And if your 'Ps' and 'Bs' are still popping a bit too much, you can also slide on a little pop filter included in the box.
Level up your audio with Sonar
If you're playing on a PC, you can dial in your sound with SteelSeries's Sonar app. This optional downloadable software lets you manually tweak the little details of your game audio and voice communication to get them just where you want them. Sonar also enhances up your headset with 360° spatial sound for gaming, and it offers a range of audio presets designed by expert sound engineers in consultation with pro players and game developers.
- professional gaming headphones with headphone amp/DAC for PlayStation
- over-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation and extended bass response
- 40mm high-fidelity drivers with neodymium magnets deliver powerful, detailed sound
- robust, ergonomic design with elastic comfort band and adjustable fit
- soft, durable leatherette earcups for long play sessions
- earcups rotate 90° for easier storage
- detachable magnetized speaker plates
- downloadable SteelSeries GG software hub features Engine software for custom equalizer settings
- Sonar downloadable software for PC lets you optimize game audio and voice communication with extensive settings
- audio presets designed by expert sound engineers with input from pro players and gaming developers
- 360° Spatial Sound for greater immersion
- requires Windows® 10 or later
- flexible noise-canceling ClearCast Gen 2 boom mic
- mic is built into the headphones and fully retractable
- works with the PS5's Tempest 3D technology for immersive spatial audio
- compatible with PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Mac
- Nintendo Switch must be in TV mode for USB connection
Headphone controls and connections:
- easy-to-use controls built into the headset
- volume dial and mic mute buttons
- 3.5mm minijack input
GameDAC Gen 2:
- headphone amp/DAC certified by the Japanese Audio Society
- built-in ESS Sabre Quad-DAC supports high-res playback up to 24-bit/95kHz
- frequency response: 5-40,000 Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 111 dB
- built-in OLED display and control dial
- dial lets you switch devices, control volume levels, and adjust active noise-cancellation settings
- 10-band parametric EQ
- two USB-C inputs let you connect two sources and switch between them
- adjustable Chat Mix lets you optimize the balance between your game's soundtrack and team chat
- 3.5mm stereo line-in and line-out minijacks
- two USB-A to USB-C cables (5 feet)
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo minijack cable (4 feet)
- microphone pop filter
Headphone specs & general info:
- frequency response: 10-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- headphone impedance: 38 ohms
- THD (total harmonic distortion): <1%
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 61527
What's in the box:
- Over-ear gaming headset (black) with retractable microphone
- 2 Magnetic ear plates (installed)
- GameDAC (Gen2) controller
- 4' Audio cable (straight 5-pole 3.5mm plug on one end and angled 4-pole 3.5mm plug)
- Two 5' USB cables (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Foam microphone pop filter
- Cloth storage pouch with drawstring closure
- Product Information Guide
Customer reviews for SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro (PC, PlayStation®)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro (PC, PlayStation®)
Overview: The SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro is a headset for gamers, that provides a next-level gaming experience with the Nova Pro Acoustic System and its Premium High Fidelity Drivers. The included GameDAC Gen 2 delivers Hi-Res audio and allows you to connect multiple gaming consoles to easily switch between platforms. The over-ear headset supports multiple platforms, including PC, Mac, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. The Arctis Nova Pro also comes with two 5' USB-C cables, a 4' 3.5mm audio cable, a foam microphone pop filter, and a cloth drawstring storage pouch.
GameDAC: Included with the Arctis Nova Pro is the 2nd Generation GameDAC audio/control hub. GameDAC is equipped with the ESS Sabre 9218PQ40 Quad-DAC (digital-to-analog converter) that elevates the game audio to 96kHz 24-bit sampling and a Hi-Res-certified frequency response of 5Hz-40kHz. GameDAC gives you the ability to simultaneously connect two different gaming consoles to its dual USB-C inputs. USB Inputs 1 and 2 can connect to PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, or Nintendo Switch, and you can instantly switch between platforms using the OLED on-screen menu. For other platforms, the hub has a 3.5mm Line In and Line Out connection. GameDAC also contains a 10-band equalizer to easily adjust the sound at 31Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, and 16kHz. If playing on a PC with Sonar software installed, you can adjust the ChatMix with the control wheel to dial in the right mix of game audio and voice chat. The main menu also includes adjustments for Surround Sound, Gain, Sidetone, Mic Volume, and Mic Mute.
Nova Pro Acoustic System: The Arctis Nova Pro headset delivers the ultimate gaming experience with the Nova Pro Acoustic System. The custom-designed 40mm Premium High Fidelity dual-diaphragm drivers provide clear high frequencies, detailed midrange, and thunderous bass. The available 360° Spatial Audio puts you in the middle of the game, and allows you to pinpoint your opponent's position as you choose your next move. The downloadable SteelSeries Sonar Audio Software Suite lets you adjust the sound to your liking with a Pro-grade Parametric EQ. The system is also fully compatible with Microsoft Spatial Sound and Tempest 3D Audio for PS5.
ComfortMAX System: The headset is designed for long gaming sessions with its ComfortMAX System. The earcups have soft memory foam ear cushions covered with a durable leatherette. The earcups can be height-adjusted, and rotate to fit your head size. The thin film-coated steel headband is lightweight and has an adjustable elastic band that sits comfortably on your head. The elastic band can be raised or lowered for the best fit and most comfort.
Onboard Controls: The Arctis Nova Pro headset features a rotary volume control and a microphone mute button on one earcup.
Retractable Microphone: The Arctis Nova Pro headset includes the ClearCast Gen.2 boom microphone, which is fully retractable inside of the left earcup. The flexible 4-1/2" boom pulls out when you're ready to begin your game, and slides back into the earcup when you're finished. The mic has a bi-directional polar pattern with a frequency response of 100-10000 Hz. AI-powered noise cancelling reduces the background noise by up to 25dB. A foam microphone pop filter is included to help reduce loud plosive sounds.
Software: The SteelSeries GG gaming software (for Windows 10 and above) helps enhance you gaming experience with powerful audio tools. Available via free download, the Sonar Audio Software Suite lets you pinpoint your opponent's location before you see them. The Parametric EQ provides separate equalizer settings for game and chat. You can adjust different frequencies of the in-game audio for increased clarity. There is also an EQ for the headset microphone to make your own voice sound better and lower noise. The software also lets you position virtual speakers to your personal preferences.
- Driver Size: 40mm
- Frequency Response (Headset): 10Hz - 40kHz
- Frequency Response (Microphone): 100Hz - 10kHz
- Impedance: 38Ω
- Sensitivity: 93 dB SPL
- THD: < 1%
- Microphone Sensitivity: -38 dBV
- Microphone Impedance: 2200Ω
- Ear Cup Dimensions:
- Exterior: Width 3.466", Height 3.989", Depth 1.991"
- Interior: Width 1.848", Height 2.353", Depth 0.797"
- Weight: 10.5 ounces
- GameDAC Gen2:
- DAC: ESS Sabre 9218PQ40 Quad-DAC
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 40kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 111dB
- Resolution: 96kHz, 24-bit
- Dimensions: Width 4.957", Height 1.903", Depth 2.871"
- Weight: 5.8 ounces