About the Crownduit® Crown Moulding Inside Corner
Cleanly route cables around corners
Routing wires around corners can be difficult. If you use Crownduit's crown moulding system, you can pick up this add-on connector to easily route cables around an inside corner of your room, where two walls meet. It seamlessly installs onto the main crown moulding and track kit for a neat, finished look.
- inside corner piece for Crownduit's crown moulding and track system
- seamlessly connects between two main crown moulding pieces
- routes cables around one corner of your room
- made from paintable poplar wood
- can be pre-finished and painted prior to installation
- warranty: 60 days
- MFR # IN-45
What's in the box:
- Crownduit inside corner with PVC backing
Customer reviews for Crownduit® Crown Moulding Inside Corner
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Crownduit® Crown Moulding Inside Corner
Overview: The Crownduit System gives you a unique way to hide your home audio/video wiring in your home. This inside corner piece (IN-45) lets you trim the Crownduit wire raceway around an internal 90° corner. The corner pieces are already put together, so there's no mitering or coping needed. The facing of the inside corner moulding is made of natural poplar wood with a PVC backing that snaps into the mounting track (supplied with the Crownduit System linear pieces). Installation requires no nails, glue, or putty. Also available are outside corners (OT-45) and keystones (KS-45) to cover the seams between the straight lengths of moulding, all sold separately.
Materials: Crownduit's faceplate and components are made from poplar wood, sourced and manufactured in the United States. Poplar has a tight, straight grain, which provides a smooth surface. It comes unfinished in its natural color, and you can stain or paint it prior to installation. The moulding installs between your walls and ceiling at a 45° angle. It is made in a classic Greek architectural style that would enhance the interior of most homes or businesses. The internal wire chase and mounting track is made of Color Master CMR4240 ridged PVC compound. The backing of the moulding and the facing of the mounting track snap together for easy installation.
Installation: The mounting track installs in full lengths where the crown moulding will be installed. It is held in place with 1-1/4" course sheetrock screws placed every 16", starting at the center of the wall and working toward the outer edges. For inner corners, the track is installed to within 2 to 3 inches of the corner. Markings are made at 5-5/8" from the corner to mark where the ends of the linear pieces will be and where the inner corner will be installed. After the straight crown moulding is installed, the inside corner snaps into place on the mounting track.
Tools Needed for Installation:
- Chop box
- Hand saw
- #2 Phillips screwdriver (with or without drill)
- Measuring tape
- Black Marker
- 1-1/4" Course sheetrock screws
Uses: The Crownduit System has many practical uses for routing cables around the room. It protects and conceals your wires, and is removable for adding or removing wires. You can route HDMI cable, speaker wire, Ethernet cable (including POE), and optical cables. Using Crownduit can also make it easier to add electrical outlets to a room without drilling through vertical studs. Installing LED rope lights or light strips on the Crownduit moulding provides an easy way to add indirect lighting to your room.
- Inside Corner (IN-45): Width 8-5/16", Height 4-1/4" Depth 6-3/4"
- Crown Moulding (sold separately):
- Length (each): 7 feet 10 inches
- Width: 5 inches
- Thickness: 5/8 inch (1-1/4" with PVC backing)
- Mounting Track (included with crown moulding):
- Length (each): 7 feet 9-11/16 inches
- Height: 3 inches
- Depth: 2-5/8 inches
- Installed Dimensions:
- Height: 3-7/8 inches
- Depth: 3-3/16 inches
- Width: 5 inches
- Other Accessory Pieces (sold separately):
- Keystone (KS-45): Width 8-1/8", Height 5-3/4" Depth 3/4" (1-1/2" w/ PVC backing)
- Outside Corner (OT-45): Width 8-3/8", Height 4-5/16" Depth 6-3/4"