About the OSD PAM-245
Versatile commercial mixer/amp
Versatile commercial mixer/amp
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
The OSD PAM-245 works well in a range of setups for your commercial audio system. Three XLR mic inputs and three RCA stereo aux inputs accommodate your sources, with intuitive front-panel knobs for setting your levels independently. The amplifier drives up to five separate 70-volt speaker zones in a distributed audio system, so you can send background music and paging announcements throughout your place of business. Or you can power a single mono 4-ohm or mono 8-ohm channel instead, depending on your setup.
Other nice touches include telephone paging input and music-on-hold output, a handheld remote control, plus an RS-232 port for connecting a third-party control system.
- 6 input channels (3 mic, 3 aux)
- 240 watts into five 70V zone outputs, or 240 watts mono into 4 ohms
- rotary level controls for each aux and mic input
- independent bass and treble controls
- selector switch for 70V/4-ohm/8-ohm speaker output
- handheld IR remote included
- rack mounting kit included
Inputs and outputs:
- 3 RCA stereo aux inputs
- 3 XLR mic inputs with selectable +48V phantom power
- set-screw block telephone paging input
- 5 set-screw block 70V zone speaker output terminals
- set-screw block 4-ohm/8-ohm mono speaker output terminals
- use only one 4-ohm or 8-ohm output at a time
- set-screw block music-on-hold output
- RS-232 port for third-party control systems
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-7/8"W x 3-7/8"H x 14-3/4"D (2U rack spaces)
- weight: 13.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # PAM-245
What's in the box:
- 5-Zone 70V commercial amplifier
- 6' Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- IR Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 2 Rack ears
- Six 16mm screws
- 3mm Allen key
- Instruction manual
Customer reviews for OSD PAM-245
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the OSD PAM-245
Overview: The OSD PAM245 is a compact and powerful 5-zone 70V amplifier for commercial audio installations, providing up to 220 watts total output. The Class-D amplifier also features single mono 4Ω and 8Ω outputs, along with Music On Hold (MOH) outputs, Telephone/Paging inputs, Microphone Priority, IR remote control, and RS-232 connectivity. The 5-zone amplifier can be used table-top fashion or rack mounted using the included rack ears. The amp takes up 2U of rack space when rack mounted.
Note: The PAM245 does not allow individual sources to be assigned to each output Zone. When an output Zone is activated from the front panel, the level controls for each input source determine what signals will be heard through that Zone.
Speaker Outputs & Power: The PAM245 features an energy-efficient, fan-cooled Class-D amplifier for maximum power output. A 10-terminal barrier strip provides the connections for the 5-zone 70V outputs, while a second 4-terminal barrier strip is used for the mono 4Ω and 8Ω low-Z outputs. An Output Select switch determines the type of amplifier operation - 70V or low-Z. The 70V and low-Z outputs cannot be used simultaneously. Both barrier strips can accommodate speaker wire up to 12 AWG. The PAM245 can provide the following output power:
- 5-Zone/70V: 220W Total output power
- 8-Ohm: 120W (RMS)/ 240W (peak)
- 4-Ohm: 240W (RMS)/ 480W (peak)
Note: The 70V and 4Ω/8Ω outputs cannot be used simultaneously. The Output Select switch must be in the proper position before powering the amplifier on. Connecting the wrong type of speakers to the outputs and/or switching the Output Select switch while powered on may damage the speakers or amplifier and is not covered under warranty.
Audio Inputs & Outputs:
- Aux 1-3: Three pairs of RCA input jacks are provided for running unbalanced signals into the amp.
- Line Out: An additional pair of RCA outputs can loop the Aux 1-3 input signals back out to feed additional amplifiers.
- Mic 1-3: Three balanced XLR jacks can be used for microphone signals.
- Phantom (On/Off): Each of the three XLR microphone inputs includes a Phantom On/Off switch that applies +48V of phantom power when connecting a condenser microphone.
- Priority (On/Off): A Priority On/Off switch lets the Mic 1 input override or "duck" the other audio inputs for paging purposes.
- Line Out: An XLR connector can pass signals from Mic 1-3 inputs out to an additional amplifier.
Music On Hold (MOH) & Telephone/Paging: An additional 8-terminal barrier strip provides connections for Music On Hold and Telephone/Paging:
- Music On Hold (MOH): Four terminals can output the amplifier's audio to a telephone system for music on hold. A corresponding MOH Output Level dial lets you adjust the music on hold volume. Outputs include:
- Tel/Paging: Four terminals can be used to input signals from a telephone paging system. A corresponding Paging Level dial adjusts the incoming signal level.
- IR: The PAM245 amplifier includes a hand-held IR remote control that lets you control the following functions: Power, Vol Up/Down, Mute, and System Lock. When activated, the System Lock keeps the front-panel controls from being operated, preventing accidental or inadvertent operation.
- RS-232: A rear-panel 9-pin RS-232 connector lets you control the amplifier through a remote source such as a third-party automation system (sold separately).
- Standby Power: A push-button turns the amp On or puts it in Standby mode. A rear-panel Main Power rocker switch can be used to power the amp off completely, preventing the front-panel power switch from activating the amplifier.
- Master Volume: A rotary dial adjusts the overall volume level of all of the amp's output channels.
- Display: A 2-character readout displays the current volume level.
- System Lock: A Red LED will light if the System Lock is activated from the IR remote control.
- Zone Select: Push-buttons for Zone 1-5 and All determine which Zone outputs are active. Corresponding LEDs for each will light when activated.
- Bass & Treble: Two rotary dials provide ±10dB of Bass or Treble to all of the Zone outputs.
- Level Controls: Six rotary dials for Mic 1-3 and Aux 1-3 let you individually adjust each audio input level from 0-10.
Mounting: Four removable feet on the PAM240 allow it to sit on a shelf or table-top. The included rack ears and hardware let you mount the amp in a standard 19" wide equipment rack, taking up 2U of rack space.
Detachable Power Cord: The OSD amplifier comes with a detachable 6' IEC 3-pin AC power cord.