About the SportDOG® Contain + Train™ System
An all-in-one training system and in-ground fence
An all-in-one training system and in-ground fence
The SportDOG Train + Contain system combines an in-ground fence with a remote training system. The included collar receiver gets signals from the remote control and the in-ground fence transmitter, so you can define a boundary for your dog and use the remote for correction within that boundary. You can set the receiver collar to Training, Containment, or Contain+Train mode for use at home or in the field.
The remote administers four types of training stimulation: an audible "beep" tone, a vibration, and continuous or momentary static stimulation. You can choose between seven levels of stimulation to find the level that works best for your dog. The collar receiver beeps when your dog reaches the fence's warning zone, and administers static correction if he gets too close to the boundary. The included flags are a helpful visual cue as your dog learns where he can and can't go.
The collar receiver should not be worn for more than 12 consecutive hours. Reposition the collar every 1-2 hours so the contact points are not always rubbing the same spot on your dog's neck. Keep your dog comfortable by removing the receiver when he or she is safe indoors.
- all-in-one containment and training system for dogs
- combines in-ground fence with remote training system
- allows remote training within a secure boundary or in the field
- contain and train multiple dogs with additional collar devices (not included)
- responds to signals from in-ground fence transmitter and remote transmitter
- durable and waterproof down to 10 feet
- for dogs 10 lbs. and over
- offers 7 levels of static stimulation in Training or Containment modes
- vibration/tone option can be used instead of static stimulation, or to warn your pet before administering correction
- interchangeable standard and long contact points
- when possible, reposition collar on dog's neck every 1-2 hours
- avoid leaving collar on for more than 12 consecutive hours
- waterproof down to 25 feet
- intensity dial provides multiple levels of static stimulation
- administers continuous or momentary static stimulation
- dedicated tone button lets you correct your dog without static stimulation
- includes containment transmitter, 1,000 feet of 20-gauge wire, and 100 boundary flags
- Wire-break Transmitter alarm alerts you to possible problems with the boundary wire
- collar receiver beeps when your dog reaches the warning zone
- Anti-Linger feature prevents dogs from running down collar receiver battery in warning zone
- built-in lightning protection
- covers an area of up to 1-1/3 acres
- can be expanded to 100 acres with additional wire and flag kits (not included)
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # SDF-CT
What's in the box:
- 26" x 1" Dog collar (black) with receiver with 2 short contact points installed
- 2 Long contact points
- Test light tool
- Containment transmitter
- Remote transmitter
- Remote transmitter lanyard
- 6' Collar receiver battery charger cable (DC output: 5V 0.5A)
- Containment transmitter power supply with attached 75" DC output cord (DC output: 2 x 12VAC / 800mA)
- Two 500' spools of 20-gauge wire
- 2 Blue wire nuts (22-14 gauge)
- 2 Gel-filled splice capsules
- 100 Boundary flags
- Basic Training DVD
- Basic Training Manual
- Operating Guide
Customer reviews for SportDOG® Contain + Train™ System
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SportDOG® Contain + Train™ System
Overview: The SportDOG Contain + Train System (SDF-CT) is a safe and effective way to keep your dog within a set boundary, and provide training and obedience. The system includes a collar receiver which receives radio signals from both the Fence Transmitter and a Remote Transmitter. Contain + Train is designed for dogs 10 pounds and up, and includes the collar receiver, fence transmitter, remote transmitter, 1000 feet of 20-gauge boundary wire, and 100 boundary flags. It is protected by a 2-year warranty.
System Design: The Contain + Train System has three modes of operation: Containment Mode, Training Mode, and Contain + Train Mode. In Containment Mode, the Collar Receiver only picks up the radio signal sent through the buried boundary wire. As your dog steps into the Warning Zone, the collar emits a warning beep. If he continues toward the boundary wire, he will enter the Stimulation Zone, and a safe, static stimulation will be delivered to the dog through the contact points on the collar until he returns to the boundary area. In Training Mode, the Collar Receiver only responds to radio signals sent by the Remote Transmitter. You can train your dog inside or outside the boundary area. In Contrain + Train Mode, the Collar Receiver responds to radio signals from both the boundary wire and remote transmitter.
Containment Area Installation: The Boundary Wire can be buried or attached to an existing fence. If burying the wire, it should be installed 1-3 inches deep. Gradual turns with a minimum 3' radius should be used at the corners of the boundary instead of sharp turns. You can also install the boundary wire on an existing fence, including chain link, wooden split rail, or wooden privacy fence. The wire can be buried across gate openings. The Fence Transmitter should be installed in a dry, well ventilated area that is out of the weather, such as a garage, basement, shed, or closet. To avoid interference, it should be at least 3 feet away from large metal objects or appliances. The boundary wire must be installed in a continuous loop. The included 1000 feet of wire will create a boundary of just over an acre. The Containment Area can be expanded up to 100 acres, requiring approximately 8350 feet of wire. You can contain an unlimited number of dogs in the boundary area by purchasing Add-A-Dog Collars (SDF-CTR), however, only 3 dogs can be trained at one time using the Remote Transmitter.
Receiver Collar: The Receiver Collar comes with two short contact points that touch the neck of your dog. Longer contact points (supplied) may be needed for dogs with long or thick fur. The waterproof collar fits dogs with neck sizes from 6 to 24 inches, and can be trimmed to fit. Additional Add-A-Dog Collars are available if you have more than one dog. The receiver is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery. A fully discharged battery recharges in approximately 2 hours using the included charging cradle. Average battery life is 168 hours in Training and Contain + Train modes, and up to 6 months in Containment Mode. The receiver collar will emit a Warning Tone when your pet enters the Warning Zone. If he stays in the Warning Zone or approaches the Boundary Wire, the collar will deliver a Static Correction. There are seven static stimulation levels of increasing intensity. There are four types of stimulation that can be delivered by the collar: Continuous Static Correction (up to 10 seconds), Momentary Static Correction (1/10th of a second), Tone, and Vibration.
Training Remote: The Training Remote is a waterproof hand-held transmitter that lets you apply different degrees and types of stimulation to the receiver collar. It has two buttons on front for delivering momentary or continuous static stimulation for training your dog. An intensity dial lets you set the degree of static stimulation delivered (from levels 1 to 7) or V/T for Vibration or Tone. You can also program the remote for simultaneously training up to 3 dogs (each with their own Receiver Collar). The Remote Transmitter has a range of up to 500 yards. The remote operates on a Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The battery requires a 2 hour charge, and the battery life is approximately 50-70 hours between charges, depending on frequency of use.
Dimensions: The dimensions of the components of the Contain + Train System are:
- Containment Transmitter: Width 9.259", Height 7.138", Depth 2.447", Weight 22.9 ounces
- Remote Transmitter: Width 1.815", Height (including antenna) 5.335", Depth 1.076", Weight 2.25 ounces
- Receiver Collar: Band: 26" x 1", Receiver: Width 3.433", Height 1.508", Depth 1.659", Weight 6.15 ounces