About the Alpine PKG-RSE3HDMI
Fully equipped for your trip
Fully equipped for your trip
Alpine's PKG-RSE3HDMI rear seat entertainment system is the solve-everything hub for long car rides. This overhead monitor/DVD player combo gives you plenty of media options besides DVD playback. Using the dual HDMI inputs, you can play HD video from any HDMI-enabled device like a smartphone or tablet. Alpine also includes two USB inputs (one for media playback and one for charging) and one composit video input to keep your options open. Now, everyone in the back seat will have a prime seat to enjoy movies, TV, and web content on the PKG-RSE3HDMI's crisp 10.1" flip-down monitor, thanks to stunning picture clarity and high brightness for better daylight viewing.
Create the feeling of surround sound by tuning audio from the PKG-RSE3HDMI through your car speakers with the built-in FM modulator, or connect it to your stereo's auxiliary input. If the sound of Decepticon laser blasts or clanging swords is too distracting to the driver, back-seaters can listen privately via two included wireless headphones. You can give the kids full independence with Alpine's full-function wireless remote, or if you'd like a little more parental control, keep the remote handy to get their attention if you need to.
- 10.1" (16:9 widescreen) overhead, fold-down video monitor
- built-in DVD player and top panel controls
- includes two pairs of SHS-N106 wireless headphones
- built-in wireless FM and IR transmitters
- includes multi-function remote control
- two HDMI inputs
- two USB inputs (one for media playback and one for charging)
- one composite video and RCA stereo input and output for connection to additional sources
- plays DVD-Video, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, XviD, JPEG, WMA, AAC, and MP3
- 1.84 million pixels for excellent picture quality
- three console shroud covers (black, gray, and gold) included for convenient matching to the vehicle's interior
- 12-7/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 12-11/16"D (with LCD screen closed)
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # PKG-RSE3HDMI
What's in the box:
- 10.1" Flip-down overhead monitor/DVD player
- Wireless remote (RUE-4159H)
- 2 Wireless headphones (SHS-N106)
- 6 "AAA" batteries
- Power/ground harness
- Aux input harness
- AV output harness
- Wireless transmitter antenna wire
- Black trim-ring
- 3 Top covers (Black/Gray/Gold)
- 3 Rear covers (Black/Gray/Gold)
- 6 Side covers (Black/Gray/Gold)
- Connector cover
- Mounting bracket
- 4 Bracket screws (lock-/flat-washers)
- 5 Trim-ring screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Manual
Customer reviews for Alpine PKG-RSE3HDMI
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine PKG-RSE3HDMI
Overhead Rear-Seat Entertainment System: The Alpine PKG-RSE3HDMI rear seat entertainment system has a 10.1" flip-down LCD monitor with a built-in DVD player. The system uses an automotive-grade DVD mechanism for reliable playback quality while on the road. Dual HDMI inputs allow for video content to be played from any HDMI-enabled device, such as a smartphone with an HDMI adapter (sold separately). Also provided are two USB inputs; one for media playback, while the other is dedicated for charging mobile devices. The PKG-RSE3HDMI comes with three high gloss console shroud covers (in gun metal black, bright gray, and champagne gold) for convenient color matching to the vehicle's interior. Two pairs of SHS-N106 wireless headphones are included to complete the PKG-RSE3HDMI system.
10.1" LCD Monitor: The PKG-RSE3HDMI rear seat entertainment system consists of a flip-down 10.1" widescreen (16:9) TFT Active Matrix LCD with LED backlighting for brilliant picture quality. For the best viewing angle, you can manually tilt the monitor up and down 180-degrees. You also can adjust the following picture settings of the monitor.
- Backlight Brightness: Adjust the monitor's backlight brightness to Low, Mid, or High.
- Picture Mode: Select between six preset pictures modes - Standard, Vivid, Game, Sport, Cinema, or Custom.
- Custom Mode: The Custom mode allows you to manually adjust the monitor's contrast, brightness, color, and tint (+/-7).
Built-In DVD Player: The Alpine PKG-RSE3HDMI's durable, automotive-grade DVD/CD mechanism is designed for in-vehicle challenges such as vibration and heat, to deliver reliable playback quality. The built-in, slot-load DVD player supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD+R/RW, and DVD-R/RW discs; along with XviD video, JPEG photo, and MP3 music files.
Dual HDMI Inputs: The Alpine PKG-RSE3HDMI system is equipped with dual HDMI inputs that allow for video and audio content to be played from an HDMI-enabled device. The HDMI inputs support up to 1080p video and 5.1ch multichannel audio.
Dual USB Ports: The PKG-RSE3HDMI is fitted with two USB (type-A) ports. One USB port can be used for playback of MP3/WMA/AAC music, AVI/MPEG/MP4/MOV video, and JPEG photo files loaded onto a USB mass storage class device; like a USB thumbdrive or flashdrive (sold separately). The other USB port is used for charging (5V) your USB-enabled device, like your smartphone or tablet.
Smartphone Connectivity: The PKG-RSE3HDMI's HDMI input and USB port can be used together to connect your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad via an Apple HDMI adapter (sold separately) or your Android smartphone/tablet via a 3rd party MHL adapter (sold separately). This type of connection provides "screen mirroring", audio/video playback, and charging of your Apple iOS or Android device. All control of your Apple iOS or Android device will still be done from your mobile device.
- Apple iOS Device Cables: You'll need either a Lightning Digital AV adapter or 30-pin digital AV adapter; you'll also need the Lightning-to-USB or 30-pin dock-to-USB cable that came with your Apple iOS device, and a HDMI cable (all sold separately). See AV adapter links for specific Apple iOS compatibility.
- Android/MHL Cables: To connect your Android smartphone or tablet, you'll need a Soundstream or Dual HDMI/MHL cable or other 3rd party MHL adapter (all sold separately). Check here for a list of compatible MHL-enabled Android devices.
AV Input & Output: The overhead rear seat monitor system is equipped with a composite video input and a stereo RCA input for connecting an external audio/video source. The Alpine overhead monitor also features a composite video output with a stereo RCA output for connecting this unit to your vehicle's in-dash multimedia head unit. Only the built-in DVD player and composite video AV input can be output through the unit's composite video AV output.
FM Transmitter: The Alpine PKG-RSE3HDMI rear seat entertainment system features a built-in FM transmitter used to supply audio from the unit over RF frequency to your factory head unit which is not equipped with an auxiliary or AV input. The built-in FM modulator's frequency is selectable between 88.1 MHz and 92.1 MHz, in 0.2 MHz steps.
IR Headphones: The PKG-RSE3HDMI includes a built-in infrared transmitter for use with the supplied headphones (SHS-N106). The transmitter and headphones have two channels (Channel A = 2.3/2.8MHz or Channel B = 3.2/3.8MHz), to avoid any interference. The headphone volume is adjusted using the integrated controls on each headset. The pair of headphones each operate off of two "AAA" batteries. Additional wireless headphones (500SHSN106, sold separately) are available.
LED Dome Lights: The overhead rear seat entertainment system contains white LED dome lights that can be manually turned on or off with a switch on front of the unit. The unit's LED dome lights can also be wired to your factory dome lights so they turn on and off whenever your interior factory lighting turns on or off with the opening of your vehicle's doors.
Simple Controls: The PKG-RSE3HDMI's controls are located on its top panel for easy access by the kids. If they would rather use a remote control, the RUE-4159H remote control comes with the system for convenient access.
Mounting Options: The Alpine PKG-RSE3HDMI is designed for installation flexibility. The PKG-RSE3HDMI mounts to the interior roof of your vehicle with the supplied metal mounting bracket and included hardware. It comes with console shroud covers in three colors (Gun Metal Black, Bright Gray, Champagne Gold), to match your vehicle's interior for an aesthetically pleasing look.
9 questions already asked