About the Jensen Heavy Duty HD1BT
Built to fit your bike
Built to fit your bike
Jensen Heavy Duty designed their HD1BT digital media receiver to fit directly into a Harley-Davidson factory dash opening — no brackets, no special mounting kits, and no splicing required. The factory harness plugs directly into the back of this receiver, so you'll be able to enjoy outstanding audio performance while using your Harley's factory handlebar controls. If you really want to enjoy your road tunes while you're touring around on your Electra Glide, Road Glide, or Street Glide, this Jensen is the ideal receiver for your lifestyle.
Ready to rock and ride
The fact that this water-resistant receiver fits perfectly on your Harley touring bike is terrific, but the number of features Jensen fit into it might be even more impressive. In addition to an AM/FM/Weather tuner with plenty of presets, the HD1BT sports built-in Bluetooth® connectivity, iPhone®/iPod® compatibility, and SiriusXM capability (tuner and subscription sold separately). Handy AUX and USB inputs mean you can also use a music player or thumb drive to enjoy your MP3 and WMA files.
Get the sound you like
The HD1BT features bass, treble, and fader controls, along with five tone presets. The mute button kills the audio instantly for those times when the music isn't what you need to hear. When you want to expand your system with outboard amps, you'll appreciate the 4-channel preamp outputs found on this versatile receiver.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM/Weather tuner (does not play CDs)
- designed to fit select Harley Davidson motorcycles
- compatible with Harley-Davidson OEM handlebar audio controls
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- Weather Band tuner with SAME technology
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- full dot matrix LCD display
- optional remote control (part #JHDHBC available through Jensen Heavy Duty)
- bass, treble, balance, and fader controls
- 5 EQ presets
- iPod and iPhone compatible
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear 3.5 mm, AUX, and USB
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (rear)
Other Features and Specs:
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # HD1BT
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (for Harley Davidson)
- Rear speaker harness
- Installation/Operation Manual
- Quick Reference Guide
Customer reviews for Jensen Heavy Duty HD1BT
Average review:3.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen Heavy Duty HD1BT
Harley-Davison Design: The Jensen HD1BT is a replacement radio made to fit into a Harley Davidson factory opening without requiring any special mounting kit or brackets. The plug & play design means the factory harness plugs directly into the back of the Jensen HD1BT radio and works with the factory handle bar controls, without any 3rd party mounting kits. This durable radio was designed from the ground up specifically for this application and has everything you need to keep your music going while you ride,
Note: The Jensen HD1BT does retain the factory Automatic Volume Control function that was present within the factory installed OEM radio.
Waterproof Construction: The Jensen HD1BT is built to handle the tough environment that motorcycles endure. It features an IPX-rated faceplate and IPX5-rated rear chassis. It also features ASTM B117 Salt Spray & ASTM D4329 UV ratings.
Factory Handle Bar Controls: The Jensen HD1BT works with your motorcycle's factory handlebar controls for operation of the aftermarket head unit.
Plug & Play Installation: The Jensen HD1BT offers plug & play installation any many Harley Davidson motorcycles with up to four speakers and factory handle bar controls. It uses the existing 23-pin factory radio harness to plug into the back of the new aftermarket stereo, plus uses the same four original mounting bolts and mounting points.
Amber Backlit Display: The Jensen HD1BT features a single-line LCD with amber backlighting. You can adjust the unit's LCD brightness and contrast (1-10). The Jensen head unit features a selectable 12/24 hour digital clock.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Jensen HD1BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, providing wireless audio streaming for added convenience and safety. Bluetooth is a short-range wireless radio connectivity technology that is developed as a cable replacement for mobile phones, and other handheld devices. Bluetooth operates in 2.4 GHz frequency range and transmits voice and data at speeds up to 1 megabit-per-second (up to 33' range).
- Pairing: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the HD1BT. You can pair up to 5 devices with the HD1BT, but only one device can be used at a time.
- Wireless Audio Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): The Jensen HD1BT allows you to play back stored music and streamed music from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, PDA, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, Skip Previous/Next) of your music on your Bluetooth audio player from the HD1BT. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Rear-Panel Aux Input: The Jenson HD1BT is equipped with a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting external portable audio source to the head unit.
Rear-Panel USB Port: The Jensen Heavy Duty HD1BT features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port. The receiver's USB port can be used for connecting a (MSC) Mass Storage Class USB device - such as select portable digital audio players or USB thumbdrives. The head unit can play music files stored on the USB device in MP3 formats (up to 384 kbps). The HD1BT will recognize up to 512 maximum folders, 12 folder levels, and a total of 999 files. The head unit also supports ID3 Tag information. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 0.5A), and the bike's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The HD1BT's rear-panel USB port also allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included iPod dock or Lightning connector-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod or iPhone (not included with the head unit). The iPod/iPhone power turns on automatically when an iPod is connected, as long a the vehicle ignition is turned on. This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection lets you directly connect, charge, & control select iPod/iPhones via the USB jack on the front of the unit, as well as view metadata like song title & artist name on the front display. You can listen to stored music or music apps on your compatible Apple iPod/iPhone.
- Bypass iPod DAC: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC) for better sound quality.
- Music Navigation: The HD1BTsupports the following playback control for your iPod/iPhone; Play/Pause, Repeat/Random, Skip/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Category Search (Playlist/Artist/Album/Genre/Song/Audiobook/Podcast).
- Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information, including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album label.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it. This unit will not charge the iPad.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Jensen Heavy Duty HD1BTis "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 3/17/2015):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
AM/FM Tuner: The HD1BT is equipped with an AM/FM US/EURO tuner that can store up to 30 presets (12AM/18FM). You can search and store AM/FM stations manually or automatically. The head unit also offer Preset Scan which pauses the radio for 5 seconds at each preset station.
RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data Service): This unit is equipped to display RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data Service) information when broadcast the radio station. The following LCD indicators appears when data is received.
- RBDS: The current radio station is broadcasting RBDS data.
- PTY: Program Type data is being sent. When flashing, PTY search is in progress. In FM mode you can use the following search options - Any, News, Information, Sports, Talk, Rock, Classic Rock, Adult Hits, Soft Rock, Top 40, Country, Oldies, Soft, Nostalgia, jazz, Classical, Rhythm & Blues, Soft Rhythm & Blues, Foreign Language, Religious Music, Religious Talk, Personality, Public, College, Weather, Emergency Test, Alarm.
7-Channel Weatherband Tuner: The HD1BT is equipped with a built-in weatherband tuner with NOAA weather alert. NOAA Weather Radio is a nationwide weather system that broadcasts local weather emergency information 24 hours a day. The US network has more than 530 stations covering the 50 states as well as the adjacent coast waters, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and the US Pacific Territories. Each local area has it own transmitting station and there are a total of seven broadcasting frequencies used. You can set the unit to automatically turn on when there is an NOAA alert.
S.A.M.E (Specific Area Message Encoding): Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) data is also broadcast prior to alert broadcasts. SAME data contains information about the geographic region affected by the alert, the type of alert, and its effective time. The geographic region included in the SAME data is called the Geographical Area code and has the form PSSCCC where "P" represents a portion of the county, "SS" is a two-digit state, territory, or offshore marine area identifier, and "CCC" identifies the county , province, or major metropolitan area within the state. SAME data also includes the type of alert being broadcast. This unit can be configured through the system setting menu with up to seven Geographical Area codes to limit the automatic tuning or power on functions based on the type of alert.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Jensen HD1BT is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Direct Tuning via front-panel controls
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
4-Channel Amplifier: The Jensen HD1BT is equipped with a 50 watts (Peak) x 4-channel amplifier (200 watts total). The built-in amplifier supports 2 to 8-ohm speakers.
4-Channel Preouts: The Jensen head unit features four preouts (front & rear) for connecting an external amplifier.
Pre-Set Equalizer: The Jensen HD1BT features a built-in equalizer with 5 preset settings - Flat, Rock, Pop, Classical, or User.
Bass & Treble: The HD1BT's Preset EQ User mode features manual bass and treble adjustment. You can adjust the bass (100Hz) and treble (10kHz) independently from -6 to +6 dB.
Loudness: When listening to music at low volumes, this feature will boost the bass and treble ranges to compensate for the characteristics of human hearing.
16 questions already asked