About the Jensen Heavy Duty JHD916BT
Mount it anywhere
Mount it anywhere
Plenty of entertainment options
Just plug an iPod or iPhone into the rear USB port for control and charging, while front and rear aux inputs are available for other media sources. If you're a fan of satellite radio, connect an optional tuner and enjoy the variety of talk, news, sports, and commercial-free music you'll find on SiriusXM. Prefer going wireless? Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming is built in. You'll also find a headphone jack on a wired extension cable — use the included mount to place it in a convenient location.
In addition to AM and FM, the JHD916BT features a Weather Band tuner, so you can get the latest weather alerts from NOAA stations when you're out and about. If bad weather threatens, Weather Alert will automatically switch to weather band when a NOAA warning broadcast is received.
- weatherproof digital media receiver
- daylight readable LCD display with wide viewing angle
- built-in amplifier (9 watts x 2 channels)
- compact design with included mounting bracket (ideal for unusual vehicles where standard radios don't work)
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and music streaming
- AM/FM/WB tuner with Weather Alert
- 30-day clock battery
- bass, treble, and balance controls
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (early models not supported)
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- compatible with JMICHFP hands-free microphone
- inputs: front (minijack) and rear (RCA) auxiliary inputs, rear USB input, microphone input
- outputs: 3.5 mm headphone output pigtail with mounting bracket, 2-channel preamp output (RCA)
- dimensions: 5-3/16"W x 3-3/8"H x 1-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # JHD916BT
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (attached wiring w/ 10A fuse)
- Large bracket
- Small bracket
- 53" Stereo minijack cable
- 6 Self-tapping screws
- 6 Large machine screws
- 4 Small machine screws (w/ star-washers)
- 4 Hex-nuts
- 6 Flat-washers
- Self-adhesive pad
- Quick Reference Guide
- "Important Owner's Manual Information" Card
Customer reviews for Jensen Heavy Duty JHD916BT
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen Heavy Duty JHD916BT
Heavy Duty: Jensen Heavy Duty series head units are specifically designed, built, and tested to withstand even the harshest road and work conditions, such as humidity, electrostatic discharge, vibrations, and temperature fluctuations. Its entire front panel is an impervious membrane, preventing dirt and grime from accessing the control panel through pushbutton gaps. The head unit's conformal coated PCB board and heavy-duty design specification provides maximum durability under all conditions. The following tests are performed on Jensen's Heavy Duty in-dash receivers.
- Vibration: Long duration product exposure to constant random frequency operational vibration and non-operational vibration to simulate rugged road conditions. Simultaneous temperature cycle and vibration exposure are also conducted for additional data that is relevant to detecting potential material/component weaknesses and calculating product life expectancy.
- Temperature: Long-Duration product exposure to operational temperature extremes and rapid temperature cycles that are experienced in outdoor mobile applications ensure the receiver can withstand temperature fluctuations. In addition, Jensen tests for High humidity introduced at high-temp to test the effectiveness of circuit corrosion protection (conformal coating). Testing is also done to make sure the receiver will perform even after prolonged periods of storage with no power in extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- Electrical: Jensen Heavy Duty products go through an extensive Electrostatic Discharge Test on all exposed control areas as well as I/O connections so they can withstand the most severe static build up. A Reverse Polarity test uses a car battery to test the durability of the receiver when the (+) and (-) cables are accidentally reversed. A test is also done that applies 24 VDC for 5 minutes to simulate a vehicle that is jump-started. High/Low Operating Voltage tests are used to ensure electronics consistency when vehicle battery goes below or above the normal 12V (the unit must remain operational throughout the test). A Line Noise Rejection test throws noise onto the signal and simulates product reaction to alternator whine.
- Load Dump: Jensen Heavy Duty receivers include specific and significant front-end circuit protection and filtering that is proven to withstand the toughest electrical environments. The Load Dump Tests puts destructive pulses (spikes) to simulate the sudden disconnection of the battery from the alternator while the alternator is generating current to load the battery. Such Load Dump pulses are high energy pulses with a high potential of destruction ensuring the electronics are protected.
- RF Performance: The RF Performance test ensures that our products keep clean signals in and the bad signals out, so that you are always left with a steady signal without outside interference. Jensen not only test for high level RF performance during product design, but also takes a random sampling from each production lot and test it to ensure performance consistency. A battery of over 80 performance tests are conducted to analyze and validate RF and audio performance.
2-Line Power System with Non-Volatile Memory: The Jensen Heavy Duty series head unit features a 2-Line Power System which prevents battery drain when the vehicle is turned off. The JHD916BT 's non-volatile memory saves your station presets and audio/user menu settings when the battery is disconnected.
Surface Mount Installation: The Jensen Heavy Duty Series HJD916BT comes with a surface mount bracket that allows it to mount on top of or below your vehicle's dash or other flat mounting surface. The surface mount bracket attaches to the Jensen receiver via the supplied machine screws. The bracket mounts to your vehicle's dash or other flat surface using either the included self-tapping screws or the supplied machine screws with nuts.
- Receiver Dimensions: 5.1875" (w) x 3.4375" (h) x 2.4375" (d)
- Bracket Dimensions: 2.875" (w) x 1.625" (h) x 2.6875" (d)
- Combined Dimensions: 5.1875" (w) x 3.4375" (h) x 5.0625"
Front-Panel Display: The front-panel LCD screen offers adjustable backlight and contrast for better visibility in your specific lighting environment. The display can indicate source and menu information, as well as song/artist/album information (no album art) for USB, iPod/iPhone, and SiriusXM Satellite Radio (optional).
Public Announcement (PA) Feature: The Jensen JHD916BT supports a Public Announcement feature with the use of an optional microphone (sold separately). The head unit features a proprietary 4-pin port to be used with the optional Jensen hand-held microphone (available from manufacturer).
Bluetooth Technology: The Jensen JHD916BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, providing hands-free communication and audio streaming for added convenience and safety. Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the JHD916BT.
- Hands-Free Communication (HFP): The Jensen JHD916BT allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone using the Jensen Heavy Duty JMICHFP external omnidirectional microphone (522JMICHFP, sold separately). You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the JHD916BT's LCD screen. Your vehicle's speakers will mute automatically during a call. To dial a phone number, you will still need to use your mobile phone's keypad. There is no built-in mic.
- Wireless Audio Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): The Jensen JHD916BT also allows you to play back stored music and streamed music from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, or other portable device using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic playback functions (Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track) of your music on your Bluetooth audio player from the JHD916BT. This unit will not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio source devices.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JHD916BT.
USB MSC Playback: The Jensen Heavy Duty JHD916BT features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that can be used to connect a USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The head unit can play music files stored on the USB device in MP3 format (up to 384 kbps). The JHD916BT will recognize up to 512 maximum folders, 12 folder levels, and a total of 999 files. The head unit also supports ID3 Tag information. The unit offers playback control and song/artist/album display (not album art) of your USB MP3 music files. . USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The JHD916BT 's front-panel USB port can also be used to connect your Apple iOS device with Lightning connector or your iPhone 4S with a 30-pin connector. The iPod/iPhone power turns on automatically when an iPod/iPhone is connected, as long a the vehicle ignition is turned on. The JHD916BT supports the following playback control for your iPod or iPhone device - Play/Pause, Repeat/Random, Skip/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Category Search (Playlist/Artist/Album/Genre/Song/Audiobook/Podcast). The head unit will also display your iPod/iPhone's music file information, including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title (no album art). While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
|iPhone||4S, 5/5C/5S, SE, 6/6+, 6S/6S+, 7/7+, 8/8+, X/XR, XS/XSMax, 11/11Pro/110ProMax, 12/12Mini/12Pro/120ProMax, and 13/13Mini/13Pro/13ProMax|
|Nano||6th gen and 7th gen|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Dual Auxiliary Audio Inputs: The Jensen JHD916BT is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input and a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting external portable audio sources to the head unit. The front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input is located behind a rubber cover.
AM/FM Tuner: The JHD916BT is equipped with an AM/FM tuner that can store up to 30 presets (12AM/18FM). You can search and store AM/FM stations manually or automatically. The head unit also offer Preset Scan which pauses the radio for 10 seconds at each preset station. The unit supports North American and European tuning. This unit is also equipped to display RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data Service) information when broadcast the radio station.
7-Channel Weather Band Tuner: The JHD916BT is equipped with a built-in Weather Band tuner with NOAA weather alert. NOAA Weather Radio is a nationwide weather system that broadcasts local weather emergency information 24 hours a day. The US network has more than 530 stations covering the 50 states as well as the adjacent coast waters, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and the US Pacific Territories. Each local area has it own transmitting station and there are a total of seven broadcasting frequencies used. You can set the unit to automatically turn on when there is an NOAA alert.
S.A.M.E (Specific Area Message Encoding): Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) data is also broadcast prior to alert broadcasts. SAME data contains information about the geographic region affected by the alert, the type of alert, and its effective time. The geographic region included in the SAME data is called the Geographical Area code and has the form PSCCCC where "P" represents a portion of the county, "SS" is a two-digit state, territory, or offshore marine area identifier, and "CCC" identifies the county , province, or major metropolitan area within the state. SAME data also includes the type of alert being broadcast. This unit can be configured through the system setting menu with up to seven Geographical Area codes to limit the automatic tuning or power on functions based on the type of alert.
SiriusXM Ready: The Jensen JHD916BT is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 150+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Direct Tuning via front-panel controls
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
2-Channel Amplifier: The Jensen Heavy Duty Series JHD916BT is equipped with a built-in 9 watt x 2 channel amplifier to power a single pair of speakers. The receiver provides Bass (100Hz), Treble (10kHz), Loudness, Balance, and Fader controls.
Headphone & Line Outputs: The Jensen JHD916BT is also equipped with a 3.5mm headphone output to connect a set of headphones for private listening, as well as a 2-channel RCA preamp line-level output for connecting an external power amplifier.
5 questions already asked