About the Russound CAA66 (factory refurbished)
Expand your Russound system
Expand your Russound system
Want to add more rooms of music to your whole-house system? This factory-refurbished Russound CAA66 controller/amplifier saves you a little money, and it comes with a full two-year factory warranty. This amp lets you add on to your existing CAA6L or CAA66 multi-room music system. This powerful 12-channel amplifier delivers 20 watts of robust power to each connected speaker. Control your amp with optional Russound KPL keypads.
Installing this system requires you to run wires in your walls, unless your home is already wired with Ethernet cable and speaker wire.
Want to listen to your music in more than six rooms? By adding extra controller/amplifiers, keypads, and optional hardware, you can distribute music to up to 36 areas of your home. Standard single-gang junction boxes and Decora-style wall plates are needed for the installation of keypads.
- factory-refurbished controller/amplifier lets you expand your Russound multi-room music system
- system is expandable up to 36 zones with additional components and keypads
- control your system using optional in-wall keypads
- 6 RCA stereo inputs for connecting source components
- 6 pairs of speaker connectors
- 20 watts RMS per channel x 12 into 8 ohms
- 6 RJ-45 ports connect to in-wall keypads using CAT-5 or CAT-5e cable
- RS-232 port for integrating a third-party home automation system
- 6 IR outputs (2 dual infrared emitters included)
- audio line outputs (switchable fixed/variable) for connecting external amplifiers or local audio systems in zones 1 and 2
- mute trigger allows you to connect an external paging system or doorbell
- relays commands to connected audio components through IR sensor on system keypads (remote not included)
- 17"W x 3-15/16"H x 12-15/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # 9999-852695
What's in the box:
- Refurbished Controller-Amplifier (CAA66)
- 6' AC power cord
- Six 8' IR emitters (845.1)
- 2 Rack-mount ears
- 8 Rack-mount screws
- Punch-down tool
- Installation Manual
Customer reviews for Russound CAA66 (factory refurbished)
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound CAA66 (factory refurbished)
Controller-Amplifier: The Russound CAA66 controller-amplifier can deliver music from any of six sources to six different zones. The ultra-efficient Class D amplifier outputs 20-watts x 12-channels into 8-ohms. You can control the source components from any zone by a single common infrared (IR) emitter and individual emitters routed to each component or from the six external keypads (sold separately) connected via CAT-5.
- The CAA66 controller-amplifier requires separate keypads and/or remotes for control. Choose between the KPL advanced system keypad, KP6 system keypad, KPSC source keypad, or the USRC universal system remote control (all sold separately).
- The CAA66 also supports RS-232 communication with various 3rd party automation systems or PC for control.
Note: The CAA66 cannot be used in conjunction with Russound's CAS44 systems.
Six Stereo RCA Inputs: The CAA66 supports up to six audio sources via its six stereo analog RCA input jacks on the rear-panel.
Seven IR Ports: Each source component has a designated IR port (3.5mm) on the back of the CAA66 to plug in the included six IR emitters. There is also a Common IR jack on the rear of the CAA66 which allows control of any source equipment without that source being selected on the keypad.
Six Keypad Ports: The six Keypad Ports are located on the back of the CAA66. Connections at the Keypad Ports are made with RJ-45 connectors using T568A CAT-5 wire configuration.
Six Pair of Speaker Terminals: Up to six pair of speakers can be connected to the CAA66 using the modular snap connectors on back of the unit. An 8-ohm minimum speaker is required for each amplified output. Each of these color-coded connectors is designated for the speaker set of a particular amplified zone. Standard 16-gauge/4-conductor stranded speaker wire can be run up to 125', while 14-gauge/4-conductor wire can be run up to 250'.
Fixed/Variable Audio Outputs: The CAA66 has two line Audio outputs, on Zone 1 and Zone 2. Each of these zone audio output connections features a stereo line out RCA connection plus a switch to allow for either a fixed or a variable line level output.
Controller Link In/Out: The Controller Link In and Link Out can be used to connect up to six CAA66 controllers. The connection is made using a CAT-5 patch cable from the Link Out of the master CAA66 and into the Link In of the next controller. Along with data signals, the Controller Link In and Link Out jack passes the six source IR signals.
IR Emitters (845.1): The CAA66K multiroom control and amplifier system comes with six IR emitters. The emitters plug into the back of the CAA66 and then get placed over your source component's IR window.
RS232 Port: The RS232 port enables integration with home control or home security system, allowing a valuable addition to any automated home.
12V Triggers: The CAA66 controller-amplifier is fitted with 12V trigger input and output.
- Mute Input: When 12 volts DC is applied to this 3.5mm minijack the system will mute the speakers in all four zones; this might connect to a doorbell or paging system.
- Output: When any zone is turned on 12 volts DC is output from this 3.5mm minijack; this can trigger an external amp or source component to turn on. The output is turned off 5 minutes after the last zone is turned off.
Mounting Options: The CAA66 controller-amplifier can be simply placed on a flat table-top surface. The unit can also be rack-mounted using the included hardware.
Power Requirements: It is recommended that the CAA66 and the source equipment be plugged into a dedicated 20-amp circuit with an isolated ground. A power line conditioner can reduce interference problems caused by noise found in some electrical systems.