About the Russound MIXAMP-60
A very versatile mixer/amplifier
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
A very versatile mixer/amplifier
The Russound MIXAMP-60 features a diverse array of input options, and enough power to drive a versatile commercial sound system for a small- to medium-sized venue. Its 60 watts of amplification can be used to drive speakers in a variety of configurations, with 4-ohm, 8-ohm, 16-ohm, 70-volt, or 100-volt compatibility. There's also a built-in FM tuner and an integrated MP3 player with a front-panel LCD display, plus a USB Type-A input and SD card slot for physical media.
A wealth of connections makes the MIXAMP-60 a great centerpiece for an all-in-one system for a small business. There's a balanced XLR input with phantom power that's ideal for a paging microphone. There are two Phoenix-style connectors with mic/line compatibility, and dual stereo RCA inputs for additional sources. The sixth input is a dedicated telephone input/output that supports paging and music on hold.
- amplified mixer for commercial audio distribution features 6 input channels and one 60-watt output channel
- built-in Bluetooth® for connecting wirelessly to a mobile device
- integrated MP3 player with LCD display on front panel
- master volume dial with independent bass and treble controls
- independent input level controls for each channel
- four DIP switches for assigning mic/line input and priority
- adjustable ducking level for mic priority
- frequency response: 60-15,000 Hz (±3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 85dB (line), 72dB (mic)
- short-circuit, clip, overload, and high-temp protection
- balanced XLR microphone-only input with +12V phantom power
- two three-pin Phoenix connectors with selectable mic/line input
- two unbalanced stereo RCA inputs for line-level sources
- dedicated telephone input with VOX priority and MOH (Music on Hold) output
- barrier strip for connecting speakers in 4-ohm, 8-ohm, 16-ohm, 70-volt and 100-volt configurations
- stereo RCA line out for connecting to another amplifier
- +/- terminal for connecting an optional battery backup
- USB Type-A and SD card slot for use with MP3 player on front panel
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/8"W x 3-5/8"H x 13-3/4"D (2U rack spaces)
- weight: 9.5 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # 4700-853470
What's in the box:
- 70/100V Mixer/amplifier
- Two 3-pin Euroblock connectors (installed)
- IR Remote control (installed CR2025 battery)
- 5' AC Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 5' FM Wire antenna w/threaded coaxial connector
- 2 Rack ears
- Nine 5mm counter-sunk screws
- Owner's manual
Customer reviews for Russound MIXAMP-60
Average review:4.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound MIXAMP-60
Overview: The Russound MixAmp-60 is an all-in-one 70/100V commercial audio solution with built-in FM tuner, MP3 playback from USB or SD card, Bluetooth audio streaming, as well as inputs for 3 microphones and up to 4 external playback sources. The MixAmp-60 can be configured for 70/100V, 4Ω, 8Ω, or 16Ω operation, providing up to 60W of output power. The rack-mountable mixer/amplifier is an ideal audio choice for retail stores, banks, supermarkets, schools, and more.
Amplifier: The MixAmp-60 can provide up to 60W of power from its single barrier-strip output. Connection terminals include 4Ω, 8Ω, and 16Ω for use with "standard" low-impedance speakers, along with 70V and 100V terminals for use with commercial speakers. Each set-screw terminal can accept speaker wire up to 12 AWG.
Audio Inputs & Outputs:
- Mic 1: A single balanced XLR input is provided for connecting a microphone. Phantom power can be applied via the corresponding rear-panel DIP switch. The Mic 1 input can be set to VOX Priority for paging operations, letting the incoming signal automatically lower or "duck" the audio from channels 2-4 along with the selected built-in source (Bluetooth, FM, USB, etc.). A rotary Ducking Level dial lets you adjust the sensitivity of the Ducking feature.
- Mic/Line 2&3: Two 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors can be configured to accept Mic- or Line-level signals via the DIP switch selectors.
- Line 3&4: Two pairs of RCA inputs can be used to connect audio playback devices such as a CD player, digital media steamer, or other portable audio player.
- Line Out: A pair of RCA Output jacks can be used to run the internal audio signals out to an additional amplifier if needed.
- Phone Audio: A 4-terminal barrier-strip provides a Telephone input (600Ω/100mV), with VOX Priority selection, along with a Music-On-Hold (MOH) output (600Ω/1V). The Telephone input lets you page on your PA system using your telephone or PBX system. The MOH output can feed music to your telephone or PBX system for people waiting on hold. Com and Hot terminals are provided for both functions.
DIP Switches: A 4-switch DIP selector lets you configure the Mic and Line inputs:
- Line 1/Mic 2 Select:
- On: Line 1
- Off: Mic 2
- Line 2/Mic 3 Select:
- On: Line 2
- Off: Mic 3
- Phantom Power Mic 1:
- On: Disables phantom power
- Off: Enables phantom power
- On: Telephone
- Off: Mic 1
- FM Tuner: The built-in FM tuner can automatically scan and store up to 5 available stations as Presets. Presets can be selected via the front-panel or remote control Prev & Next buttons. The front-panel and remote Play button will toggle between Mute On and Mute Off during FM playback. The included 75Ω wire antenna connects to the rear panel Antenna input with its threaded coaxial connector.
- USB & SD: Front-panel USB and microSD card slots are provided for MP3 playback from an SD card or FAT32 formatted USB flash drive. Playback is initiated automatically when a USB or microSD card is inserted into the corresponding input. The front-panel and remote control Mode buttons can be used to switch between the two inputs. The Play button will toggle between Play and Pause functions when pressed. Prev and Next move forward and backwards through tracks, while the Repeat button toggles the repeat function through Repeat All, Repeat Track, and Random (Shuffle). An EQ button on the hand-held remote control lets you cycle through 6 preset EQ settings: Normal, Rock, Pop, Classical, Jazz, and Country.
- Bluetooth: The MixAmp-60 lets you pair a
Bluetooth-enabled phone or tablet for Bluetooth Audio playback. Playback
functions include Play/Pause, Prev/Next track, Repeat, and Folder which
cycles through the 6 preset EQ settings.
Note: Bluetooth hands-free phone calls are not supported.
Controls & Indicators:
- Power: Toggles mixer/amplifier On/Off. A corresponding LED will light when power on.
- Master Volume: Controls the overall mixed output level. Four LEDs will light to show the relative signal level with: -30, -10, 0, and Clip which will light if the signal reaches the distortion point.
- Protection LED: This will light one of the following has caused the mixer/amplifier to shut down: Short-Circuit, Clip, Overload, or High-Temperature.
- Bass & Treble: Two rotary controls adjust the Bass and Treble for the overall mixed output signal. At center point on the controls the signal is neutral. Turning to the left will decrease the high/low frequencies, while turning to the right will increase the high/low frequencies.
- Input Volume Controls: Six rotary controls let you adjust the signal level for each individual input - Mic 1, Line 1/Mic 2, Line 2/Mic 3, Line 3, Line 4, and Tel/MOH.
- Playback Controls: Mode, Play, Folder, Repeat, Prev/V-, Next/V+.
- LCD Display: An easy-to-read LCD screen displays the Source, Elapsed/Remaining Track Time, Track Name (Bluetooth, USB & microSD). The LCD will also display Play or Pause modes and the selected EQ setting.
IR Remote Control: A hand-held IR remote control is included for operating the MixAmp-60 remotely. The remote control includes the same functions as the front panel along with:
- EQ: Selects one of the six preset EQ modes (except FM)
- Number Pad: 0-9 buttons can be used for directly selecting tracks during USB and microSD playback.
- Vol-/Vol+: Lets you adjust the volume level of the
built-in media player (Bluetooth, FM, and USB/microSD).
Note: The Master Volume can only be adjusted from the front-panel dial and cannot be adjusted from the remote control.
Backup Battery Connection: A 2-terminal barrier-strip lets you connect an optional +24VDC backup battery (not included) to power the mixer/amplifier in the event of a power outage.
Mounting: The MixAmp-60 includes pre-installed rubber feet for placing the mixer/amp on a shelf for other flat surface. Two rack-ears are also included for mounting the mixer/amp in a standard 19" equipment rack. The MixAmp-60 takes up 2U of vertical rack space.