About the Rockford Fosgate RM1652W-MB
Powerful Punch sound in a compact package
The compact design is ideal for smaller boats
Powerful Punch sound in a compact package
Designed specifically for marine use, Rockford Fosgate's Punch Series RM1652W-MB wakeboard tower speakers give you strong performance in a package that's ideal for smaller ski boats.
These compact speakers feature 6-1/2" woofers and aluminum dome tweeters that together handle up to 75 watts RMS. The result is crisp, powerful sound on the water or on the trail. Wherever your adventures take you, you'll be amazed at how loud and clear these Punch speakers sound.
Tough speakers with sleek style
Each rugged UV-, moisture-, and salt-resistant RM1652W-MB speaker is housed in a high-density polyethylene enclosure with a sturdy stainless steel grille. These enclosures meet tough UV and Salt-Fog industry standards, so they'll stand up to the great outdoors.
Easy to live with
A quick-release design makes it easy to remove them for cleaning or storage, but an included safety lanyard protects you and your speaker in the event the set screw assembly loosens over time. With the included cast aluminum C-clamps in place, you can rotate your speakers up to 359 degrees, sending the sound in the direction you want.
- 6-1/2" compact marine speaker enclosures (pair)
- 1" bridge-mounted aluminum dome tweeter
- high-density sealed polyethylene enclosure with black grille
- injection-molded mineral-filled polypropylene woofer with Thermo-Plastic Elastomer surround
- true marine-grade design stands up to the elements
- 16 AWG 2-pin quick-disconnect plug
- power handling: 75 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 49-20,000 Hz
- dimensions: 8" H x 7-3/16" W x" 7-3/16" D
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # RM1652W-MB
What's in the box:
- 2 Wakeboard tower speakers
- 2 Mounting couplers
- Two 16" Speaker harnesses
- 4 Plastic grommets
- 4 Mounting bolts
- 2 Security bolts (pre-installed)
- 4 Nuts
- 2 Safety lanyards
- 2 Lanyard washers
- Torx wrench
- Installation & Operation Manual
Customer reviews for Rockford Fosgate RM1652W-MB
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate RM1652W-MB
Features & specs
|Tweeter Composition||Liquid Crystal Polymer|
|Woofer Surround||Santoprene Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
92 dB at 2.83 volts |
89 dB at 1 watt
|Max RMS Power Handling||75|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||150|
Wakeboard Tower Speaker: The Rockford Fosgate RM1652W-MB is a black 6.5" marine-grade speaker loaded into a sealed enclosure. The speaker features a 6.5" woofer and 1" bridge mounted tweeter, protected by a self-draining grille. Both speaker and enclosure are treated with UV inhibitors and conform to UV and Salt-Fog industry standards.
Two-Way Loudspeaker Design: The Rockford Fosgate RM1652W-MB wakeboard tower speaker comes loaded with Rockford's Prime Series RM1652 marine speaker.
- 1" Tweeter: The 1" dome tweeters are made of LCP (liquid crystal polymer), a high strength/light weight material, die cast into a volcano design. The tweeters are bridge mounted, useful in a marine speaker because no opening through the middle of the woofer for the mounting post is needed.
- 6.5" Woofer w/ VAST Surround: The 6.5" woofer cones are injection molded, mineral filled polypropylene with UV inhibitors. This molding process assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also light weight and rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response. The Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases a speaker's effective radiating cone area without increasing the size of the basket.
- ICC Crossover: The ICC (Integrated Concealed Crossover) protects the crossover by concealing it inside the basket. The crossover is 6 dB/octave high pass.
- Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Rugged Enclosure: The enclosure & grille are constructed of high density poly-ethylene and coated with a UV inhibitor to withstand the harsh marine environment.
Marine Tested: Rockford Fosgate uses industry standard tests (ASTM B117 salt/fog and ASTM D4329 sunlight, moisture, and heat) to ensure the RM1652W-MB will provide optimum performance in the difficult marine environment.
- ASTM B117 salt/fog test standard provides accelerated aging in a controlled corrosive environment to produce relative corrosion resistance information for specimens of metals and coated metals.
- ASTM D4329 test standard is intended to induce property changes associated with end-use conditions, including the effects of sunlight, moisture, and heat.
Speaker Harness: Each wakeboard speaker includes a 16" speaker harness with a molex plug on one end that plugs into the top of the wakeboard tower speaker, and bare wire on the other end to connect to the speaker wire from your marine amplifier.
Mounting Hardware: The mounting hardware is cast-aluminum & stainless steel to resist corrosion, and is designed for mounting each speaker on a flat surface. A steel wire safety lanyard is also included for securing the speakers. Once mounted, the speakers can swivel left to right so you can aim the speaker at your desired listening area.