About the Jaybird Vista 2
Jaybird's runner-friendly earbuds get even better
The waterproof Vista 2 earbuds meet military standards for durability and are lined with a tough fabric that helps dampen wind noise.
Jaybird's runner-friendly earbuds get even better
I named the original Jaybird Vista true wireless earbuds our "best Bluetooth headphones for running" due to their fit, security, durability and hard-hitting bass. The Vista 2 earbuds keep all those important workout features, and added much more. Most notably, these waterproof, wire-free earbuds use noise-canceling circuitry to knock out loud distractions in the gym.
Music plays wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth, and you have touch control over music, calls, and noise cancellation. You get up to six hours of wireless music listening with noise cancellation, and eight without it — enough for even the most intense workouts.
In the gym, it's sometimes okay to shut out the world and focus on your workout. But if you're running or exercising out in the real world, you need to stay aware of your surroundings. Use the touch controls to turn off active noise cancellation and activate Jaybird's "SurroundSense" feature. This uses the built-in mic to increase the volume of ambient sounds, so you can hear what's going on around you.
Jaybird earbuds are designed to stay put during workouts.
Jaybird's signature secure fit
We've heard from runners on the Crutchfield staff that Jaybird is a favorite pick for staying in place during workouts. The Vista 2 headphones include three sizes of soft-gel silicone ear tips to ensure you find a comfortable fit. Two of the pairs come with Jaybird's signature flexible "fins" that help further secure them.
Powerful, punchy bass
Finding a good fit is important for several reasons. First, the most obvious — it is really annoying to deal with earbuds moving around, particularly when you're hyper-focused on running. But also, achieving and maintaining that tight seal is necessary in order to get the full impact of your music, including the deep bass frequencies.
I haven't heard the Vista 2 earbuds yet, but they use the same drivers as the originals. Those headphones deliver deep, hard-hitting bass for true wireless earbuds, despite being some of the smallest headphones I've ever tried. Jaybird says they've upgraded the digital sound processing for this model, so I'm looking forward to giving them a trial run.
The dust-resistant case banks 16 hours of power to wirelessly recharge the earbuds. (A 5-minute "Quick Charge" provides enough power for 1 hour of listening.)
Adjust the sound and find lost earbuds with the MySound app
You can tweak the out-of-the-box sound with the Jaybird MySound app, a free download for your iPhone® or Android™ device. It allows you to adjust the noise cancellation, SurroundSense awareness feature, and sound of the Vista earbuds.
You can dial in the EQ manually or choose from existing audio profiles. And if you happen to misplace or drop one of the earbuds? The MySound app has a "Find my Buds" feature that will track them down by using your phone's GPS. It can even help locate the charging case.
- Featured in our articles: Best workout headphones for 2024 and Best Bluetooth headphones for 2024
- 100% wire-free, waterproof headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- each earbud can make a strong, independent Bluetooth connection to your phone or audio device
- reduced latency for better sync between audio and video
- 6mm dynamic drivers for low-distortion sound with deep, punchy bass
- active noise cancellation uses internal circuitry to reduces external distractions
- "SurroundSense" mode lets you hear external sounds for awareness during workouts
- 3 sizes of silicone soft-gel ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- 2 pairs feature built-in "fins" help further stabilize the earbuds
- IP68-rated and military-spec waterproof and dustproof
- protective enclosure with durable fabric to help dampen wind noise
- touch control for Bluetooth pairing, music playback, and calls
- free Jaybird app for Apple® and Android lets you adjust settings and customize the sound
- use the app's "Find My Buds" feature to track down a lost earbud or case
Charging case, battery, and general info:
- built-in rechargeable batteries offers 6 hours of listening with noise cancellation (8 without it)
- carrying case banks up to 16 hours of power to charge the headphones on the go
- compact, IP54-rated splash-proof, dust-resistant silicone case
- 5-minute "Quick Charge" provides enough power for 1 hour of listening
- case dimensions: 2-15/16"W x 1-9/16"H x 1"D
- USB-C cable included for charging case
- compatible with optional Qi wireless chargers
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 103.5 dB
- weight: 0.47 ounces (both earbuds and medium ear tips)
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 985-000928
What's in the box:
- Left and right wireless ear buds (Black)
- 3 Pairs of Secure-Fit eargels (1 pair installed)
- Charging case (Black)
- 12" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Safe Listening guidelines
Customer reviews for Jaybird Vista 2
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jaybird Vista 2
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height||0.802" x 0.614"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Jaybird Vista 2 True Wireless Sport Headphones give you the freedom to run, walk, workout, or just listen to music without having to worry about wires. They feature #Earthproof construction that meet and surpass military standards for shock, dust, water, and sweat resistance, so they'll withstand anything you can throw at them. With Bluetooth 5.0 and upgraded batteries, the Vista 2 ear buds give you 8 full hours of playback time, plus an additional 16 hours of reserve power (two additional charging cycles) in the charging case for a full 24-hour battery life. Vista 2 also includes Active Noise Cancellation and SurroundSense for those time you want to shut out or enhance the sounds of your environment. The headphones come with a hard shell charging case, a USB-C charging cable, and three pairs of ear gels. The ear buds weigh approximately 0.25 ounces each (with ear gels).
#Earthproof: Jaybird Vista 2 wireless headphones feature #Earthproof rugged construction that meets MIL-STD 810G standards. The headphones have been tested (and passed) shock, vibration, drop, and crush tests, as well as extended exposure to tropical humidity, hurricane-force water, and desert sandstorms. Vista 2 meets the following standards:
- IP68: The headphones have received the IP68 waterproof and sweatproof rating. In addition, the charging case has an IP54 rating.
- Sweat/Salt: Vista 2 is designed to endure more than 3000 hours of sweat from exercise, as well as saltwater exposure.
- Humidity: The headphones are made to function in a continuous high-humidity environment.
- Wind/Rain: Vista 2 can withstand a rainstorm at 40 mph.
- Sand/Dust: The headphones are very resistant to dirt, sand, and dust.
- Drop/Crush: Vista 2 survived 150 drops from a height of 48", and is sturdy enough to resist crushing.
Inspired by Athletes: Jaybird Vista 2 Sport Headphones are designed and built for runners, bikers, climbers, skiers, snowboarders, and other athletes. As athletes themselves, the designers know how much listening to their favorite music enhances their performance. They also realized that in-ear headphones with long dangling wires were a distraction because they were always getting snagged. Their goal was to create a truly wireless, secure-fitting sport headphone that would withstand bad weather and sweat.
Operation: The Jaybird Vista 2 ear buds connect to your mobile device via Bluetooth (Version 5.0), with Handsfree (HFP), Headset (HSP), A2DP, AVCRP, and SPP profiles. You can use one (either left or right) or both ear buds to connect to your audio device. They can be powered on and off automatically (by removing them or placing them in the charging case). Basic functions, such as play/pause, skip to next song, and accept/end/decline a call are performed by a single or double press of either ear bud. In the Jaybird App, you can customize other single/double press functions, if desired. For best results, you should carry your Bluetooth device at your side on an armband, belt clip, or in a pocket.
Drivers: The Vista 2s are equipped with 6mm milled drivers that deliver booming bass and clear highs. You can adjust the sound to your personal taste with the fully adjustable equalizer in the Jaybird app.
Ear Gels: The Vista 2 True Wireless ear buds come with three sizes of ear gels (labeled 1, 2, and 3) which include both the ear tip and an ear fin for a secure fit. The right selection of ear gels will provide the proper seal inside the ear canal which enhances the sound of your music while blocking unwanted external noise. The proper fit gives you hours of comfort that makes you forget you're wearing them.
Active Noise Cancellation/SurroundSense: New to the Vista lineup is the addition of Active Noise Cancellation. Activating ANC lets you focus on your music by tuning out the noisy environment in the airport, gym, or your office. SurroundSense takes the same microphones used for ANC and amplifies those environmental sounds to help you tune into the world around you for spatial awareness and safety. You can still listen to your music, but you can hear traffic sounds, public announcements, and carry on conversations with others without removing your ear buds. The microphones for ANC and SurroundSense are protected by durable fabric covers that keeps wind noise to a minimum.
Power: The Jaybird Vista 2 True Wireless Sport Headphones are powered by 3.8-volt Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries that provide over 8 hours of play time on a full charge. The buds start charging each time you place them into the hard shell charging case and close the lid. When exhausted, the ear buds fully charge in approximately 2 hours. A 5-minute quick charge will provide up to 1 hour of play time. To save battery power, the ear buds turn off automatically after 30 minutes of non-use. The charging case contains its own rechargeable battery which gives you an additional 10 hours of additional play time. The case charges in approximately 3 hours via the included USB-C charging cable (5V 600mA). The charging case is compatible with Qi Wireless Charging, and will charge in 4 hours when placed on a wireless charging pad. LEDs on the charging case allows you to check the charge status of the ear buds and case.
Jaybird App: The Jaybird app allows you to customize the EQ settings of your Vista 2 headphones, and helps you to find new music for your workout. You can choose from customized presets created by the Jaybird design team, and by many of the Jaybird athletes. Sound profiles from other app users are also available to try out, or you can create and share your own custom EQ settings. One app feature lets you listen to and save music playlists from other users, including the favorite settings from athletes. The Jaybird app also lets you customize the functionality of the buttons on your Vista 2 headphones, and keep them up-to-date with firmware updates when they become available. If you lose your ear buds, a Find Your Buds feature helps you to locate them again. The Jaybird app is compatible with iOS (11.0 or later) and Android (6.0 and up) devices, as well and Mac and Windows.
Voice Assistant: The Jaybird Vista 2 gives you access to your favorite phone-based Voice Assistant--Siri (Apple) or Google Assistant (Android). Using the Jaybird app, you can reassign a single- or double-tap of the ear bud's multi-function button to activate your chosen Voice Assistant.
- Driver Size: 6mm
- Bluetooth Version: 5.0
- Codec: Bluetooth SBC, AAC
- Effective Range: 33 feet (10 meters)
- Response Bandwidth: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Audio Format: 16-bit Stereo
- Impedance: 23 ohms (+/-15% at 1kHz)
- Speaker Sensitivity: 103.5dB (+/-1.5dB at 1kHz)
- Output Power: 12 mW RMS (with level limit)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 3% (1kHz, 1mW)
- Playback Time: 8 hours
- Reserve Playback Time (in Charging Case): 16 hours
- Charging Time:
- Ear Buds: 2 hours
- Charging Case: 3 hours via USB-C; 4 hours via Qi wireless
- Ear Buds: Width 0.802", Height 0.614", Depth 0.939"
- Charging Case: Width 2.932", Height 0.978", Depth 1.511"
- Ear Buds: 0.5 ounces total (0.25 ounces each)
- Charging Case: 1.55 ounces (empty)
The Jaybird Vista 2 replaces these items
- 100% wire-free Bluetooth® headphones with no connecting cord between earbuds
- IPX7-rated waterproof design
- 6-hour battery life and secure-fit ear tips
1 question already asked