About the Sonos Move 2
Big portable stereo sound and more
Big portable stereo sound and more
The Sonos Move 2 is a robust portable Bluetooth speaker, delivering full stereo sound with strong bass. It's dustproof and water-resistant, so you can use it on the beach, by the pool, or just about anywhere your adventures take you. And it's equipped with built-in Wi-Fi, so when you're at home it can connect to your Sonos multi-room wireless system.
In Wi-Fi mode you can enjoy easy access to a variety of audio streaming services, your digital music collection, and more. And you can even pair two Move 2s together over Wi-Fi for fuller, wider stereo sound.
Ready for the outdoors
The speaker's built-in rechargeable battery can deliver up to 24 hours of playback, more than double the battery life of the original Move. Of course, if you leave it on its included charging base, the speaker can play all day long. A built-in handle makes it easy to bring along.
Optimized stereo sound
The Move 2 has two angled tweeters and a woofer. Each is powered by its own Class D amplifier for accurate sound reproduction. You'll enjoy spacious, powerful stereo sound with clean, clear bass.
This Sonos speaker can adjust its own settings for the best possible sound wherever you place it. Turn its microphones on, and automatic Trueplay tuning will balance the audio frequencies for optimum sound as long as the speaker remains stationary.
Control your Sonos system with your voice
When you're on a Wi-Fi network, you can control the speaker using voice commands. A built-in far-field microphone array ensures your voice is heard accurately. Sonos Voice Control uses on-device processing for unmatched privacy. Amazon Alexa compatibility lets you use your Sonos speakers to issue voice commands to smart home devices like lights, locks, and security systems.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
The Sonos Move 2 has Apple AirPlay 2 built-in. You can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
- built-in Bluetooth for audio streaming from your smartphone or tablet
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- IP56-rated dustproof and water-resistant
- built-in array of far-field microphones
- automatic Trueplay tuning adjusts speaker to the space it's in for optimum performance
- two angled tweeters and one woofer, each with its own Class D amplifier
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 24 hours
- battery is removable and replaceable
- Sonos Radio built in
- music, curated playlists, original shows, and live radio
Amazon App and Alexa voice control functions:
- requires connection to Wi-Fi
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- control streaming services such as Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, and SiriusXM (subscription required for some services)
- select radio stations through Sonos Radio, iHeartRadio, or TuneIn Radio
- control compatible smart home products
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip, and repeat functions
- get weather reports, news updates, time, sports, and stock reports
Sonos Voice Control functions:
- on-device processing for privacy
- control streaming services such as Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, and Pandora (subscription required for some services)
- select radio stations through Sonos Radio, iHeartRadio, or TuneIn Radio
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip, and repeat functions
Sonos control app:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- compatible with Apple® and Android smartphones and tablets
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays personalized internet radio stations from Pandora
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- configure two Sonos Move 2 speakers for stereo playback (requires connection to Wi-Fi)
- top-mounted controls for volume, play, pause, skip, and mute
- built-in handle
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 24 hours
- charging base
- 6-5/16"W x 9-1/2"H x 5"D
- weight: 6.77 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # MOVE2US1
What's in the box:
- Portable wireless speaker
- Charging base (attached 6.5' USB-C cable)
- USB-C/AC power adapter
- Setup Booklet
- Important Product Information
Customer reviews for Sonos Move 2
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sonos Move 2
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5GHz|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||16-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||48 kHz|
|Apple AirPlay 2||Yes|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Amazon Music||Amazon Music HD|
|Control by app||iOS,Android,Windows,Mac,Fire|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Portable & Weather Resistant (IP56): The Sonos Move 2 is weather resistant with IP56 rating, so it can be utilized indoors or outdoors. The IP56 rating makes the Sonos Move 2 resistant to water, dust, and other elements. It is protected from very fine particles (such as dust) and heavy liquid splashing (including light rain and snowfall). The Sonos Move 2's rugged and durable outer shell is also resistant to bumps and falls; humidity, salt spray, and UV rays; and hot or cold temperatures. An integrated ergonomic handle makes the portable speaker easy to pickup and carry.
Note: The Sonos Move 2 cannot be submerged in water and should not be left outdoors in a rain storm. The included charging base is not weather resistant and should only be used indoors.
Audio Section: The Sonos Move 2 wireless speaker features two angled tweeters and one mid-woofer driver powered by two Class-D amplifiers. The dual tweeters create a stereo image with crisp, clear high-frequency response that disperses evenly for an ultra wide soundscape. The one cone mid-woofer driver integrated into the acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet ensures faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus rich, clean bass. Three Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture deliver dynamic sound with low distortion.
- Auto Trueplay: The Sonos Move 2 speaker's built-in microphones detect what type of music is playing and measure the frequency response of your surroundings. Using this Trueplay Tuning software, the speaker then adjusts its EQ for perfectly balanced sound. Auto Trueplay is triggered whenever the Move 2 speaker is placed in a new location, and continuously refines the sound while the Move 2 is stationary. Make sure the Move 2's microphone array is turned on (Auto Trueplay will not work when the microphone array is fully turned off). Automatic Trueplay is available via WiFi or Bluetooth.
- Adjustable EQ: You can use the Sonos app (for Apple iOS, Android OS, Windows, and Mac) to adjust the Move 2 speaker's Bass, Treble, and Loudness settings to your personal preferences.
- Stereo Pairing: When connected to your WiFi network, you can use two Sonos Move 2 speakers in a stereo pair - one speaker acts as a dedicated left, while the other speaker acts as a dedicated right. The Sonos Move 2 cannot stereo pair with the older first generation Sonos Move or other Sonos speakers. The Sonos Move 2 cannot be used as wireless rear surrounds. The Sonos Move 2 will not pair with the Sonos Sub.
Rechargeable Battery & Charging Base: The Sonos Move 2 is equipped with a rechargeable battery that provides up to 24 hours of continuous playback time (may require a firmware update for the higher efficiency). The battery can easily be recharged using the included charging base with attached 6.5" USB-C cable and the supplied USB-C/AC power adapter. The charging base and USB-C/AC power adapter plugs into an AC wall outlet and the Sonos Move 2 simply docks in the base to charge the battery. The pre-intalled rechargeable battery should last about 3 years or 900 charges, after which you can purchase a replacement battery directly from Sonos.
Note: The first generation Move's charging base will also work with the Move 2. And like wise, the Move 2's charging base will work with the first generation Move speaker.
Sonos Wireless Multiroom Audio Eco-System: The Move 2 is part of the Sonos wireless multiroom audio eco-system consisting of a family of wireless network speakers, players, and amplifiers. Start with a single Sonos product and add more Sonos products over time. With multiple zones, you can play the same or different songs in different rooms of your home. Compatible distributed audio sources include internet radio, online music services, local network music libraries, as well as hardwired inputs. Up to 32 Sonos devices and 16 groups can be connected in one system. The Sonos Move 2 is compatible with the new Sonos S2 operating system (OS) and does not support the older Sonos S1 operating system (OS).
- Sonos S2 OS Compatible Products: The Sonos Five, One SL, Roam, ARC, Beam (Gen 2), Sub (Gen 3), and any Sonos products released after May 2020 will only be compatible with Sonos S2.
- Sonos S2 and S1 OS Compatible Products: The Sonos Play:1, Play:3, Play:5 (Gen 2), Playbase, Playbar, Connect (Gen 2), Connect:Amp (Gen 2), One (Gen 1/2), Beam, Amp, Port, Boost, Move, and Sub (Gen 1/2) support both Sonos S2 and S1 operating systems.
- Sonos S1 OS Compatible Products: The Sonos CR200 Controller, Zone Player, Bridge, Connect (Gen 1), Connect: Amp (Gen 1), and Play: 5 (Gen 1) will only support the older S1 operating system.
- If you have both, older "legacy" Sonos products and newer Sonos products in your system, you have the option to create two separate eco-systems - one that will be controlled with the older Sonos S1 controller app and the other that will be controlled by the newer Sonos S2 controller app.
- Click here for more information regarding Sonos "Legacy" S1 versus the new Sonos S2 Operating System and App.
WiFi Certified: In order to enjoy internet radio, online music services, your local network music libraries and Apple AirPlay 2, you'll need to connect the Sonos Move 2 speaker to your home's wireless network router and ISP (internet service provider). Sonos brings your great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project thanks to WiFi certification. The Sonos Move 2 is WiFi certified and supports 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi 6 (802.11ax). The Sonos system's wireless range will be dependent on your home's existing WiFi network.
- The Move 2 speaker does not support the SonosNet wireless mesh network.
- The Move 2 is not equipped with an Ethernet RJ-45 jack. However, you can add a wired Ethernet connection to the Move 2 using the Sonos Combo Adapter old separately).
Internet Radio Stations: Sonos offers a wide variety of Internet Radio stations and services. Some Internet Radio Services require a paid subscription and fees. Click here for all available Internet Radio Services.
- Sonos Radio HD: Sonos Radio HD is a service that brings the best of Sonos and partner services into one place, making it even easier to listen to radio and discover new music on your system. Sonos Radio features thousands of live radio stations to choose from; listen to music news, sports, and more from over 60,000 local and global stations. You even get a special selection of genre stations with music expertly curated by Sonos.
- iHeartRadio: iHeartRadio delivers all your favorite music and radio in one free service. Thousands of the best live Radio stations from across the country. Custom Stations created from 20 million songs and over 800,000 artists. You tell us an artist you like and iHeart Radio will build a playlist you love. iHeartRadio is free to listen with no capped hours or monthly subscription fees.
- Pandora: Pandora gives you personalized radio that plays what you love and continually evolves with your tastes. Start with the name of an artist, song, genre, or comedian, and create a station. If you are not sure what to listen to, you can browse through our hundreds of curated genre station to find the perfect match for your mood. You can choose between Pandora's free ad-supported account or a Pandora Plus ad-free account with higher 192kbps bit-rate.
- TuneIn: TuneIn gives you access to the world's radio stations, shows and podcasts, all for free. Over 100,000 channels from every corner of the earth, plus live and on-demand radio shows from around the world.
- SiriusXM: With SiriusXM, you can stream up to 155 channels of commercial-free music, play-by-play and sports talk, world class news, comedy, exclusive entertainment, and more. Search to easily find channels, shows, episodes and more. You'll need a SiriusXM subscription that also offers internet streaming.
Online Music Services: Sonos offers a wide variety of online music services. Some online music services require a paid subscription and fees. Click here for all available online music services.
- Apple Music: Apple Music is a subscription-paid streaming service with over 60 million songs ad-free. Easily find your favorite artists, discover new music, listen to curated playlists, and get exclusive artist content and interviews. Follow lyrics while you listen, tap ahead, or sing along with lyrics view. Enjoy at home, in the car, and across all your devices.
- Amazon Music: There are three tiers of access to Amazon Music on Sonos. Amazon Music Unlimited customers can stream tens of millions of songs and listen to curated playlists, stations, and weekly new releases, available to Prime Members for only $7.99/month (non-Prime price: $9.99/month). Amazon Music HD is a new tier of premium quality music with more than 50 million songs in High Definition (HD). At just $12.99/month for Prime members or $14.99/month for Amazon customers, Amazon Music HD makes high quality, lossless audio accessible to all music fans. Existing Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers (Individual or Family Plan) can upgrade to Amazon Music HD for an additional $5/month. Prime Music is a curated, on-demand, ad-free music streaming benefit featuring a growing selection of two million songs, and personalized recommendations at no additional cost with your Amazon Prime Membership.
- Deezer: Deezer is a subscription-paid online music service that offers you over 43 million songs at your fingertips. Stream almost any song you can think of or kick back with an endless selection of playlists, mixes, albums. You'll need a Deezer Premium+ or Deezer HiFi account to use Deezer with Sonos.
- Napster: Napster is a paid online music service that provides you with a music collection complete with millions of songs, entire albums and artist hits spanning the decades. Enjoy more than 30 million tracks at 320kbps AAC.
- Qobuz: Qobuz is a paid streaming service that gives you access to more than 40 million tracks. Discover new artists and albums with selections and playlists from musical experts. On Sonos you can stream 320kbps MP3 streams through the Qobuz Premium Subscription or experience high-quality FLAC (16-bit /44.1kHz) streaming using the Qobuz Hi-Fi Subscription.
- Spotify: Spotify is an online music service giving users the ability to stream music on demand to Sonos using Spotify's unique technology. Spotify and Sonos will allow access to all of your existing Spotify playlists and their entire catalog. Sonos supports Spotify Free and Spotify Premium accounts. A Spotify Free account allows you to search for Spotify artists, albums, and playlists in the Sonos app. When listening to music with a Spotify Free account, you're limited to six song skips per hour.
- Tidal: Tidal streams music in lossless, high fidelity audio quality, ensuring the best sound experience possible. Discover new and old favorites with news, recommendations, curated playlists, moods and genres. All with High Fidelity Streaming. Create and edit your own playlists with more than 25 million tracks available. Tidal offers two paid streaming platforms - Tidal HiFi (Losless Flac 16-bit/44.1kHz) or Tidal Premium (AAC 320kbps).
- YouTube Music: YouTube Music is a subscription-paid online music service allows you to easily find what you're looking for and discover new music. Get playlists and recommendations served to you based on your context, tastes, and what's trending around you.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any audio from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on select Sonos components and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You'll be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music content on the Sonos unit. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Sonos product.
- Compatible AirPlay 2 Devices From Sonos: Sonos Arc, One (Gen 1/Gen 2), One SL, Five, Play:5 (Gen 2), Amp, Port, Playbase, and Beam (Gen 1 /Gen 2) all support AirPlay 2.
- Non-Compatible AirPlay 2 Devices from Sonos: Even though the Sonos Play:1, Play: 5 (Gen 1)Play:3, Playbar, Connect, Connect:Amp, and ZonePlayer are not AirPlay 2 compatible, you can still group these Sonos devices with an AirPlay 2 compatible Sonos product (listed above) to unlock AirPlay for your entire system.
Music Libraries: Sonos supports playback of music from any computer or network-attached storage (NAS) device on your home network where you have shared music folders. Sonos can play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats. Sonos indexes your music folders so you can view your music collection by categories (such as artists, albums, composers, genres, or tracks).
- File Formats: Sonos supports the following audio file formats - MP3 (compressed), WMA (compressed), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, FLAC (lossless), WAV (uncompressed), and AIFF (uncompressed).
- Sampling Frequencies: Supported sampling rates include 16kHz, 22.5kHz, 24.0kHz, 32.0kHz, 44.1kHz, and 48kHz.
Built-In Bluetooth: In addition to network WiFi connectivity, the Sonos Move 2 offers built-in Bluetooth for wireless peer-to-peer connection between the speaker and your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer. Using Bluetooth, you can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled source device to the Move 2 speaker. The Sonos Move 2 speaker offers Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track control functions via its integrated controls, Sonos S2 app, or Sonos Voice. You are able to pair multiple Bluetooth devices with the Move 2, but only one device can be connected and used for playback at a time. The Sonos Move 2 will automatically connect with previous paired device when within range (up to 33'). You can choose to only listen to the Bluetooth audio source on the Move 2, or group the Bluetooth audio source with other Sonos speakers that are connected to your WiFi network.
- The Sonos Move 2 must be initially setup through the Sonos Controller App via WiFi, before Bluetooth functionality can be enabled.
- The Sonos Move 2 only supports Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP). It does not support Bluetooth hands-free control (HFP) for making or answering phone calls.
USB-C Port: The Move 2's USB-C port is designed to be used with Sonos' Line-In Adapter or Combo Adapter (both sold separately) for a hardwired 3.5mm Aux input connection and/or Ethernet connection. The 3.5mm Aux input connection can be played back on the Move 2 speaker only or grouped with other Sonos speakers on your WiFi network.
- Line-In Adapter: To connect an external audio device that lacks WiFi and Bluetooth, you can purchase the Sonos Line-In Adapter (sold separately) which turns the Move 2's USB-C port into a 3.5mm Aux input for a wired audio connection. If you want to connect a turntable, you'll also need a phono preamp or a turntable with a phono preamp in addition to the Sonos Line-In Adapter. The Sonos Line-In Adapter is not designed for use with a TV and will result in some latency or lip sync issues.
- Combo Adapter: If you want to hardwire the Move 2 to your network, you can purchase the Sonos Combo Adapter (sold separately) which turns the Move 2's USB-C port into an Ethernet (RJ45) jack for a wired connection to your network router. The Sonos Combo Adapter also provides a 3.5mm Aux input for a wired audio connection.
- Do not use any other 3rd party USB-C adapter with the Sonos Move 2; only use Sonos brand USB-C adapters listed above.
- The USB-C port does not support USB media playback from a USB thumbdrive, smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer.
- The USB-C port is a not a power source for the Move 2 speaker and should not be used to charge other electronic devices, such as your smartphone or tablet.
Sonos S2 App: Sonos S2 is a new app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ / Android OS 8.0+ / Fire OS 7.0+ / Mac OSX 10.11+ / Windows 8+) that powers the next generation of Sonos products. The Sonos S2 app offers new features, usability updates, and more personalization moving forward. The updated app makes it even simpler for you to search for content, control the sound, and personalize your listening experience. Use the Sonos S2 app to setup your Sonos speaker system, control your Sonos speaker system, stream your favorite internet radio stations and online music services, access local network music libraries, and personalize your speaker system.
- Setup: The app lets you easily setup the Sonos speaker system. Get step-by-step instructions for setting up a new system and/or adding more speakers to your system.
- Control: With the Sonos S2 app, you can control all your Sonos speakers, soundbars, and components. Adjust volume levels, group products to play in sync, or play something different in every room.
- Music & Radio: The Sonos S2 app brings together hundreds of internet radio stations and online music services.You also get access to local network music libraries on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. Use the app to browse all your music, podcasts, radio, and audiobooks all in one place.
- Personalized Settings: Save favorites and room groups to My Sonos to get to the music faster, create alarms so you can wake up to a favorite radio station or playlist, filter out explicit content, and more.
- Security: Enhanced protocols, including support for elliptic curve cipher suites in SSL/TLS, keep your system safer and your data more secure.
- The Sonos Move 2 is not compatible with the older Sonos S1 Controller app and requires the new Sonos S2 Controller app.
- Some older Sonos products ("legacy" products) will not support the advances of the S2 app due to their memory and processing power. If you own any of these products, you can continue to use your system as you do today. See System Requirements for more details.
Far-Field Microphone Array: A built-in far-field microphone array allows Sonos, Alexa, or Google to hear you from anywhere in the room. When the microphone LED is on, Sonos, Alexa or Google Assistant is ready for a voice command. You can speak at a natural volume to activate supported voice commands. A responsive audio chime lets you know Sonos, Alexa, or Google has been heard you and is working on a response (you can turn this feature on or off). You can dissable the microphone for privacy. An illuminated LED indicator light ensures you always know when your speaker's microphone is active or muted.
Sonos Voice Control: Sonos Voice Control was created purely for listening on Sonos and delivers fast, accurate hands-free control of your music and your Sonos system with privacy. With Sonos Voice Control, you can use voice requests to control the Move 2 and other Sonos products in your system. You can even ask Sonos Voice for multiple things on multiple Sonos products at once. Sonos Voice Control finds the music you want to listen to by processing requests entirely on the device for faster response times and effortless follow-ups. All you need is one "Hey Sonos" and you can follow up without the need for additional wake-words. Just like the Sonos app, you can control music and speakers in any room, easily play music around the home, save and like your favorite songs to your personal music library, and more.
- WiFi or Bluetooth Operation: For full functionality of Sonos Voice Control, the Move 2 requires a WiFi network connection. When the Move 2 is placed in Bluetooth mode, you can still use Sonos Voice Control to operate basic voice commands such as pause/unpause, volume up/down, mute/unmute, previous/next track, and check battery level.
- Music Control: Use Sonos Voice Control to play songs, artists, albums, playlists, genres, and more from select music services (including Sonos Radio, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, and Pandora). More services may be available in the future (not ETA). Click here for a complete list of the latest compatible music services. You can also use Sonos Voice to adjust the volume level, pause your music, skip tracks, and more. You can even ask Sonos Voice to "Like" or "Unlike" a song, as well as get information on what song is playing. In addition, you'll be able to group/ungroup rooms, plus move your music from one room to another.
- Home Theater Control: Sonos Voice can also be used to turn your compatible Sonos soundbar and HDMI-ARC connected TV on or off, as well as switch between Night and Speech enhancement modes.
- Total Privacy: Designed with privacy at its core, Sonos Voice Control processes requests entirely on the device. No audio or transcript is sent to the cloud, stored, listened to, or read by other parties.
- Sonos Voice Control works on every voice-capable Sonos speaker
- Click here for a more comprehensive list of Sonos Voice controls.
- Make sure your Sonos device has the latest firmware/software update installed.
Digital Voice Assistants: In addition to Sonos Voice, the Move 2 also offers voice-activated, hands-free control via its built-in microphone array and Amazon Alexa. You'll be able to control music and multiroom playback with just your voice and Alexa. You can also use the Move 2 like any other Alexa-enabled device and ask non-music related commands (like information about the weather, traffic, news, sports, etc) or have Alexa control your smart home devices. In addition, you can use Google Assistant on another Sonos or Google Home speaker in your system to play and manage your music on the Move 2 (the Move 2 does not offer built-in Google Assistant).
- Built-In Amazon Alexa: You can ask Alexa to play music on a specific Sonos device in an specific room of your home from these featured music services (Apple Music, Amazon Music, TuneIn, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, & Spotify). Using the Alexa app, you can group your Sonos products and your Alexa-enabled devices together. This makes it easier for Alexa to control your Sonos products based on which room or area they are in. You can pause, resume, and skip songs, as well as change the volume with all Sonos compatible online music services. Click here for more information regarding Amazon Alexa on Sonos.
- Google Assistant (Optional): You can ask Google to play music on a specific Sonos device in an specific room of your home from these featured music services (Spotify, YouTube Music, Pandora, Deezer, Tidal, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio). You can pause, resume, and skip songs, as well as change the volume with all Sonos compatible online music services. Your can even broadcast a message to everyone in your home over your Sonos speakers and/or other Google Assistant-enabled speakers (include your message after the command). Click here for more information regarding Google Assistant on Sonos.
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are only operational when the Move 2 is connected via a wireless or wired network connection. The Move 2 will need to be on the same network as your other Amazon and Google devices.
- You can only configure your Sonos system to work with one digital voice assistant; choose either Alexa or Google Assistant (you cannot use both). You will need to search and enable the Sonos skill from the Alexa or Google Home app on your mobile device or computer.
- Sonos and Alexa or Google Assistant work together using a single Amazon or Google account. An Amazon or Google account can only be in used on one Sonos system at a time. If you have a second Sonos system in another location, you'll need to use a second Amazon or Google account if you'd like to use Alexa.
Direct Control: Some compatible online music apps even allow you to stream audio directly from within their respective app without using the Sonos S2 app. Services that support direct control on Sonos include Amazon Music, Tidal, Spotify, Pandora and iHeartRadio. Amazon Music will require that this Sonos Skill be enabled in the Alexa app before using.
Top-Panel Capacitive Touch Controls: In addition to control through Amazon Alexa and the Sonos Controller app, the Sonos Move 2 features top-panel capacitive touch controls. Tap the top-panel controls to play/pause your music and turn the volume up or down, and swipe the top-panel controls to skip to the next or previous song.
Automatic Updates: The Sonos Move 2 supports free automatic software updates so you will always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Simply register the One and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available through the Sonos Controller app. By simply pressing one button your system updates itself. The Sonos Move 2 must be connected to your home network and the internet for automatic software updates.
Internet Service Provider: You'll need a high-speed, wired internet service provider connection such as cable, fiber, or DSL. Wireless internet connections such as satellite, mobile hotspots, or 4G LTE routers can experience delays between the internet connection and Sonos and are not supported. Using these types of connections can cause music to not play, skip, or cut out completely.
Network Requirements: Sonos can be configured in either a wireless or wired network setup. This article will cover the differences between the two setups and provide recommendations for which setup best suits your system and home network.
- Wired Setup: A Sonos system operating in a wired setup will require one of your Sonos products to remain connected to the router via Ethernet cable at all times. If your Sonos system is in a wired setup and you use a WiFi mesh router with multiple wireless nodes, we recommend wiring your Sonos product directly to the primary wired mesh node. Avoid wiring any Sonos products to the wireless mesh nodes. If you are on a corporate or advanced network, it must not block Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
- WiFi Setup: All Sonos products can connect to wireless routers or access points that support 802.11b/g WiFi over 2.4GHz. Additionally, all Sonos products can connect to WiFi networks that use WPA1 and WPA2 Personal security standards, as well as unsecured WiFi networks. When running S2 software, many newer Sonos products support faster WiFi modes (including 802.11ac) and will connect to them when possible. You can learn more about which Sonos products support which WiFi modes, standards, and protocols in this article.
Notes: Unsupported network setups and devices include -
- Wireless internet connections such as satellite, mobile hotspots, or LTE routers
- Guest networks or networks that use a portal login page
- Networks using wireless range extenders2
- Ethernet over Power (EOP) devices
- WPA/WPA2 Enterprise
Sonos S2 Controller App: Sonos offers a Sonos Controller app for for Apple iOS 14.0+, Android OS 8.0+, Fire 7.0+Mac OSX 10.11+, and Windows 8+. The Sonos S2 is a new app and operating system (OS) that powers the next generation of products and experiences. In addition to new features, usability updates, and more personalization moving forward, Sonos S2 enables higher resolution audio technologies for music and home theater.
- Sonos Controller App Requirements: A compatible Apple iOS or Android device running the Sonos Controller app is required to set up a new Sonos system or add new products. Sonos also supports macOS and Windows versions of the Sonos Controller App, but certain system management features such as setting up a new Sonos system or adding new products, are not available. See this article for more details.
- Sonos Product Compatibility: Most Sonos products are compatible with S2. Some older Sonos "legacy" products will not support the advances of S2 due to their memory and processing power. The older Sonos "legacy" app is referred to as the Sonos S1 app. This article will break down which Sonos products are compatible with Sonos S2 vs S1.
- Split Sonos System: If you have both, older "legacy" Sonos products and newer Sonos products, you have the option to create two separate eco-systems - one that will be controlled with the older Sonos S1 controller app and the other that will be controlled by the newer Sonos S2 controller app. Read this article for more details.
Supported Audio Formats: Sonos supports a variety of audio formats for its 2ch stereo products and multichannel home theater speakers.
- Music Libraries: Sonos supports the playback of your own music library stored on a NAS drive or personal computer. Sonos supports compressed & uncompressed audio formats when streaming from your local music library. Sonos systems support mono (1-channel) or stereo (2-channel) audio files with sample rates up to 48kHz. Sonos music libraries are limited to 65,000 tracks. The memory limit can be reached prior to 65,000 tracks if there is a large amount of metadata. For example, classical music tracks tend to have a large amount of metadata and can use up the available memory before the 65,000 track limit is reached. If you have more than 65,000 tracks, you can use Plex with Sonos as an alternative.
- Home Theater: Sonos home theater speakers are compatible with a wide range of television and movie soundtrack audio formats. Compatible audio formats will vary by Sonos home theater speakers and by connection method to your TV. While most TVs are compatible with Sonos home theater speakers, some may need additional configuration or may not work with Sonos. This article will describe some basic requirements when using Sonos speakers with your TV.
The Sonos Move 2 replaces these items
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 11 hours
- IP56-rated dustproof and water-resistant
- can be part of a Sonos multi-room audio system (when connected to Wi-Fi)
1 question already asked