About the LG 75UJ6470
This Ultra HD TV gives you a big taste of HDR
This Ultra HD TV gives you a big taste of HDR
The 75" 75UJ6470 is one of LG's largest Ultra HD TVs with support for HDR (High Dynamic Range). So, in addition to its 8+ million pixels that can display four times the detail of 1080p HDTVs, this 4K TV has brightness and color capabilities beyond those of typical TVs.
If you're wondering what there is to watch in HDR, there's content already here, with lots more on the way. Ultra HD Blu-ray is available and has become the new gold standard for home theater picture quality. And much of Amazon's and Netflix's best streamed content is available in 4K/HDR.
LG's IPS panel widens the viewing sweet spot
With so many LCD TVs, the picture quality drops off rapidly for viewers as they move away from the center sweet spot. But LG's IPS panel technology keeps picture contrast and color looking crisp even as you move around to the sides of the screen. It makes a big difference when you're watching with a group of friends or family.
If you're wondering how some less-than-stellar video sources will look on this ginormous screen, don't worry. LG's 4K Upscaler enhances the look of every source — broadcasts, movies, sports and games.
Smart TV features you'll want to use
The 75UJ6470's built-in web apps give you instant access to a nearly limitless selection of entertainment. The colorful webOS user interface lets you customize your home screen to access the apps you use most, and easily switch between them.
Unsure if your network can handle demanding tasks like 4K streaming? Check out our wireless router buying guide. If you haven't upgraded your hardware in the last few years, a new router will offer big improvements in range and speed.
Use the Sanus MountFinder™ to see a list of wall-mounts that work with your specific TV.
- 74.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- Ultra High Definition TV with 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- TruMotion 120Hz blur reduction (60Hz refresh rate)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR 10 and HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content from connected sources or streamed from the TV's built-in apps
- IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD panel provides very good off-axis viewing
- LED edge backlight with local dimming for very good picture contrast
- 4K Upscaler enhances standard-def and high-def video signals for optimum display on a 4K screen
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube (requires Internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- WebOS 3.5 with built-in web browser
- dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi® provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- Netflix Recommended TV offers a unique feature set that makes Netflix even easier to use and enjoy
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone as a remote control
- 4 HDMI 2.0a
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital/DTS multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Ethernet port for a fast, reliable wired network connection
- 2 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- built-in down-firing speakers (10 watts x 2)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- remote control
- detachable pedestal feet ("footprint" is 64-1/2"W x 11-11/16"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 66-13/16"W x 38-5/8"H x 2-5/8"D (41-7/16"H x 11-11/16"D on stand)
- weight: 92.5 lbs. with stand; 91 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- MFR # 75UJ6470
Customer reviews for LG 75UJ6470
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG 75UJ6470
Features & specs
Ultra HD 4K Resolution w/ Upscaler: The LG UHD TV has a display resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution through its built-in upscaler, regardless of input signal. 4K provides four times higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs with a total of 8.3 million pixels. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Enjoy incredibly flawless images, vivid colors, and picture details as never before. More benefits of Ultra-HD 4K include:
- Greater Sense Of Depth: At 4K, distant objects in a scene can be rendered with greater clarity than at 2K, with more nuances of light and shadow and focus for a greater sense of perceived depth.
- Better Color: Because pixels are units of colored light, their greater quantity in 4K enables more layered transitions and subtler gradations of tones, so the hues we see up on screen will be truer to what we see in nature.
- Sit Even Closer: 2K HD TVs carry a recommended viewing distance of three times (3X) the TV screen height, but with a 4K display you can move in to one-and-a-half times (1.5X) screen height without exposing individual pixels. Sitting closer better fills your field of vision, assuring total immersion in whatever you're watching.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video: HDR (High Dynamic Range video) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
- Active HDR (for HDR10 & HLG): Active HDR analyzes and optimizes High Dynamic Range video content scene-by-scene for an even more striking, more breathtaking HDR video experience. This process allows the TV to offer the best picture possible, even when playing HDR10 content which only contains static metadata, or HLG content which uses no metadata at all.
- HDR Effect: The TV's new HDR Effect feature raises image quality for SDR content to near HDR quality. With the HDR Effect feature, SDR images are processed frame-by-frame to improve brightness in specific areas, enhance contrast ratios and render more precise images.
Video Technologies: LG also incorporates a variety of advanced technologies which boost overall picture & video quality.
- IPS Panel: LG's IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel makes any seat the best in the house, with a clearer and more consistent image at wide viewing angles compared to conventional screens. IPS delivers authentic colors, virtually identical to the original image. Witness colors as true-to-life as nature intended, vibrant across even a large screen, with the stunning clarity of 4K resolution.
- Local Dimming: Local Dimming analyzes the signal of the input video by specific areas of the screen, and then adjusts the backlight to improve the contrast ratio (difference between white & blacks). These more pronounced blacks & whites in turn enhance overall picture quality, with greater clarity, plus bolder colors.
- Ultra Luminance: Ultra-HD picture quality becomes even more dynamic with an extended range of brightness (up to 1000 nits), thanks to LG's Ultra Luminance technology. By enabling higher peak brightness and an enhanced contrast ratio, Ultra Luminance makes 4K & HDR images even more striking.
- True Color Accuracy: See a more accurate, natural picture with advanced color mapping. True Color Accuracy automatically corrects color distortions for vibrant, lifelike color.
- TruMotion 120Hz: The UHD TV employs LG's proprietary TruMotion 120Hz backlight scanning system to enhance the TV's 60Hz native panel refresh rate to reduce blur and yield crisper details; even during the most high-action sequences - from sports to action movies.
Video Inputs: The LG UHD television features HDMI 2.0a and Composite video inputs. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 3,840 x 2,160 (4K).
- HDMI 2.0a: The four HDMI 2.0a inputs will accept 4K
(60/30Hz), 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. The HDMI inputs
not only allow you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or Satellite/Cable
receiver to the TV, but also a laptop or computer. The television's HDMI inputs
do not accept 480i video signals.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the TV's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video (30/60fps). With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. You will need to enable this feature in the menu. 4:2:2 (30/60fps) and 4:2:0 (60fps) are also supported by any of the HDMI inputs, by default.
- Analog Video: The Component Video input will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The component video input can also be used as a composite video input that will accept 480i only.
Picture Settings: The LG UHD TV provides preset, user, and expert adjustment of the television's picture settings.
- Picture Size: You can select a different aspect ratio
depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video
- 16:9: displays an aspect ratio of 16:9
- 4:3: displays an aspect ratio of 4:3
- Original: changes the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 depending upon the input video signal
- Vertical Zoom: adjusts the vertical dimension of the screen and aligns the screen vertically
- All-Direction Zoom: adjusts the horizontal/vertical/diagonal dimensions of the screen and aligns the screen horizontally/vertically
- Picture Modes: You can select the picture mode that is
best suited to your viewing environment, preferences or video type.
- Smart Picture: the TV will automatically adjust to the optimal picture settings based on data it receives on the genre of the program being played
- APS (Auto Power Save): this Energy Saver mode changes the TV's picture brightness to reduce power consumption
- Standard: provides optimum viewing for general use
- Vivid: maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness
- Cinema: optimizes video for watching movies
- Sports: provides fast response speed for sports action
- Game: provides even faster response speeds (21ms) for fast gaming
- HDR Effect: enjoy a more dynamic, clearer image by correcting the light and dark areas of the display
- User: manually adjust the TV's Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, Tint, and Color Temperature
- Expert: the TV is ISFccc Ready and contains the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing; the EXPERT/ISFccc mode allows an expert to fine-tune the picture quality using a specific image
- Advanced Picture Control: The TV also offers more
advanced picture settings.
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen; the picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker
- Dynamic Color: adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer; this feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green white look more vivid
- Preferred Color: fine tune Skin, Sky, and Grass color independently
- Super Resolution: provides a crystal-clear picture by improving the details in areas where the picture is blurry or unclear
- Gamma: you can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture
- Color Gamut: maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality
- Edge Enhancer: shows clearer and distinctive yet natural edges of the video
- Color Filter: filters a specific color spectrum in RGB Colors to fine-tune color saturation and hue accurately
- Expert Pattern: patterns used for expert adjustment
- White Balance: adjusts the overall tone of the screen as desired
- Color Management: this is a function used by experts when they adjust colors using a test pattern of six colors (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) without affecting other color areas
- Picture Options: Additional picture options are
available to enhance your viewing experience.
- Real Cinema: makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect
- Black Level: sets the black level of the screen to the proper level
- Noise Reduction: reduces screen noise without compromising video quality
- MPEG Noise Reduction: removes noise caused by compressing video
- Motion Eye Care: automatically adjusts brightness and reduces image blur based on image data to reduce eye strain
- Eye Comfort Mode: color temperature will be automatically adjusted to reduce eye strain
Multi-View: The Multi-View feature lets you watch a live TV broadcast and an external HDMI input source simultaneously on the screen. Multi-View provides two smaller side-by-side images that are positioned in the middle of the screen (does not fill up the whole screen).
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel of the TV's HDMI 2 input enables the television, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, LG Smart TV apps, and USB ports can pass as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, or 2ch PCM.
- Analog connected & DLNA compliant devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital/DTS (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital/DTS when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, and USB ports on the TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via stereo RCA.
LG Sound Sync w/ Bluetooth: Thanks to the TV's LG Sound Sync and built-in Bluetooth, you can pair a single set of Bluetooth headphones or one Bluetooth speaker (or single pair of speakers) with the LG UHD TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the TV's built-in sources or connected sources. The TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. The Bluetooth audio output's volume is variable, so volume of your Bluetooth speaker will need to be controlled by both the TV and the Bluetooth speaker for adequate volume level.
Audio Adjustments: The LG TV offers the following audio settings to tailor the sound to your preference or application.
- Ultra Surround: LG's Ultra Surround technology provides simulated multi-channel surround sound from the speakers built into the television.
- EQ Presets: The TV provides preset EQ modes. Choose
from Smart Sound, Standard, Clear Voice II, Cinema, Sports, Music, or Game.
- Smart Sound: The Smart Sound setting automatically adjusts the TV to the optimal sound mode based on data it receives on the genre of the program being played.
- Clear Voice III: Clear Voice III automatically detects human voices in movies and TV shows, then increases their volume to ensure that the dialog doesn't get lost in the soundtrack. You can make the voice clearer by adjusting to one of the three clarity levels.
- 5-Band EQ: You can also adjust the TV's sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz).
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The LG UHD TV supports a wired or wireless network connection. Via the TV's network & internet connection, you can enjoy select online entertainment services. You can also access music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer.
- Ethernet (LAN) Jack: The LG UHD TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer. A back cover has to be removed to access the Ethernet port.
- WiFi (wireless LAN): The LG TV offers built-in dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11ac) that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N or better router is recommended for 4K streaming.
LG Smart TV Apps: LG Smart TV Apps allows you to access a variety of online entertainment services and content directly on the LG TV through its network & internet connection. You can quickly and conveniently browse for TV Shows, Movies, and more to watch immediately. You can also download and use apps from various categories such as education, entertainment, lifestyle, news, and games. Click here for the latest compatible apps (subscriptions & fees may apply for some online services and content). Below is a list of some of the most popular apps from LG Smart TV Apps.
- 4K/HDR Content: Thanks to HEVC & VP9 decoding, you can enjoy 4K/HDR content from online movie & TV show providers like Netflix, Amazon Video, Vudu, Google Play Movies/TV, FandangoNow, & YouTube.
- TV Shows & Movies: Watch your favorite TV shows and movies on Hulu Plus, Crackle, & YuppTV.
- Internet Radio & Music: Listen to your favorite Internet Radio stations and online music from SiriusXM & iHeartRadio.
- News, Weather, & Sports: Catch up on the news at USA Today, get weather forecasts from AccuWeather, and receive sports updates from MLB.TV.
- Games: LG Smart TV Apps contains a variety of online games. You may need to connect a compatible game-pad to the TV's USB port.
Note: 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better for 4K/HDR streaming.
Channel Plus: The Channel Plus app (powered by XUMO) offers 50+ free streaming channels sports, news, entertainment, and lifestyle programming (including Fox Sports, Sports Illustrated, TIME, People, and more). The Channel Plus app features a handy on-screen guide which is integrated into the TV's over-the-air TV channel guide for easy, seamless access. Click here for a complete list of Channel Plus app stations.
Web Browser: The LG Smart TV features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL or keyword searches. The web browser supports only HTML5 media and not Flash Plug-in. The web browser only replays the following media file formats - JPEG/PNG/GIF. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
- Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV: Stream web videos, online movies, and lives streams to the LG UHD TV from your Apple iOS 7.0+ or Android OS 2.3.3+ device with the Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV installed ($6.99 app purchase). Browse through the web and stream any video you want on your LG Smart TV; a single tap on the discovered video link will start streaming immediately.
- Miracast: Miracast is a "screen mirroring" function which lets you wirelessly send the display from your compatible Windows 8.1+ or Android 4.2+ device (with support for Miracast) to the LG TV. This allows you to view practically any content that is playing on your compatible Windows or Android device on your TV screen; no wireless router or access point required.
- Intel WiDi: With Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), playing content wirelessly from your Intel-based laptop or computer on the big-screen has never been easier. You'll be able to display video and watch videos that are on your laptop through the LG TV. Intel WiDi delivers rich, vibrant visuals and audio to the television without the clutter of cables. You get quick, reliable wireless connection with low latency, without the need for a wireless router.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other WiFi-enabled devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the LG TV from your device without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
- DLNA Certified: This TV is DLNA Certified; which means it can display and play movie, photo, and music content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home.
Dual USB Ports:T he television features two USB (type-A) 2.0 ports for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB memory device. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. In addition, the TV will charge USB devices that can be charged via USB (max. 5V/0.5A). The LG television lets you watch a slideshow of your photos (JPEG) while listening to background music (MP3) from an inserted USB device.
CyberSecurity Assurance Program Certification: LG's webOS 3.5 Security Manager smart TV platform has been certified for its effective cybersecurity capabilities by UL, the world's foremost expert in safety and sustainability; a first in the smart TV category. UL's 2900-1 Cybersecurity Assurance Program (CAP) tested the webOS 3.5 Security Manager for malware susceptibility and vulnerabilities, software weaknesses and security controls that help protect users' private information. UL assessed the effectiveness of each webOS 3.5 security layer by subjecting the software to a variety of virtual network penetrations and vulnerability attacks. LG webOS 3.5's compliance in these categories provides the foundation for a safe and secure smart TV experience in your home.
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection. Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
webOS 3.5: LG's latest webOS 3.5 on-screen menu system is easy to learn and use. Initial setup is smooth and simple, while connecting to other devices and searching for content is extremely convenient. The intuitive webOS 3.5 user interface features a redesigned Launcher menu that pulls together all your content choices. webOS 3.5 serves up entertainment options that neatly organize your recent viewing history, what's on Live TV, and what you might like to watch next, while the integrated LG App Store is ready to deliver the latest movies, TV shows, apps and games. Now you can spend less time navigating and more time enjoying the premium content that you and your family want, accessed right through the television, thanks to LG's intuitive webOS 3.5 user interface.
Content Search: The LG UHD TV offers unique tools to search for TV programming, online apps, and inputs.
- Live TV w/ Program Guide: While watching TV, you can easily simply search for other channels by moving the pointer to the right side of the screen. The television's built-in program guide gives you a weekly outlook of what's on TV and detailed information about each program (when applicable). You can select a current program to watch or schedule a future program to watch later.
- App Searches: You can narrow down your online content search by selecting which category you would like to search from - All Apps, My Apps, Premium Apps, Movies, TV Shows, and Games. You can also enter a keyword search for content across multiple applications.
- Magic Link (Recommendations): The new Magic Link feature provides instant recommendations for finding your favorite content and accessing information about actors and characters on-screen.
- Input Selection: A dedicated Input button on the remote pulls up an on-screen menu of your connected devices and gives you a live feed of what's playing on each input as you scroll through them. Simply click on an input to go directly to that source.
Quick Menu & Quick Access: The Quick Menu provides quicker access to commonly used functions like Picture Mode, Sound Mode, Aspect Ratio. The Quick Access feature allows you to assign Channels, Inputs, & Apps to the remote's 1-9 numeric keypad for easier & quicker access.
Netflix Recommended TV: Netflix Recommended TV is an evaluation program recognizing TVs that offer better performance, easier app access, and new features that make for a better smart TV. When you see the Netflix Recommended TV logo, it means the TV has passed a rigorous evaluation process based on criteria that Netflix members care about the most. The TV comes with the latest version of Netflix with newest features. It offers easier and faster access to Netflix (including a dedicated button on the remote), quicker playback and start times, and allows you to resume the Netflix app from where you left it.
Analog and Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Energy Saving Feature: The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness; you can select from six modes - Auto, Minimum, Medium, Maximum, Screen Off, or Off.
On/Off & Sleep Timers: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode. The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Built-in Customer Support: The LG Smart TV offers built-in customer support to help your learn functions and diagnose problems.
- On-Screen User Guide: The TV offers a built-in, on-screen User Guide to help you learn how to use your new TV.
- Picture/Sound Tests: This customer support function executes picture and sound tests to make sure you have the TV properly connected.
- LG Remote TV Service: LG Remote TV Service can allow LG Customer Service to help you perform menu actions and resolve many problems remotely. To use this feature make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
IR Remote: The LG UHD TV comes with a simple-to-use IR remote control for wireless operation of the television. Through the TV's setup menu, you can program the remote to operate your cable/satellite receiver or Blu-ray/DVD player.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG components connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Instant Play: When you start a multimedia device, you can immediately watch content from the device on the TV without having to control anything.
- Device Control: Enables the user to control multimedia devices with the TV remote control to watch content.
- Main Power Off: If Auto Power Sync is set to on in the SIMPLINK settings, turning off your TV will turn off all of your SIMPLINK-linked devices. If Auto Power Sync is set to On in the SIMPLINK settings, turning on a SIMPLINK-linked device will turn the TV on.
LG TV Plus Remote App: You can download the LG TV Plus remote app (for Android OS 4.2+ & Apple iOS 6.1+) onto your compatible Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod touch or Android smartphone/tablet in order to control the television from your mobile device, share content from your mobile device to the TV, and other convenient features.
- Remote Control: With the LG TV Plus app installed, your compatible mobile device will act as a wireless remote & mouse pointer, just like the included Magic Remote. You'll be able to change channels and adjust volume from the app on your smartphone. You can even select the television's LG Smart TV apps, as well as Content Share & Screen Share content.
- Content Sharing: You can enjoy your pictures, videos, and music on your Apple iOS or Android device through the LG TV's screen. As a bonus, Android (OS 5.0+) users can use the LG TV Plus app's Magic Mobile Connection feature to allow friends and family to share content from their Android device on the TV.
- My Starter: The My Starter feature of the LG TV Plus app lets you view current time, weather, and calendars from your Apple iOS or Android device on the TV screen when it is turned on.
Keyboard Compatible: The LG UHD TV supports the use of a keyboard & mouse through its USB ports or via Bluetooth. You can enter text with the keyboard when using the Search function and the built-in Web Browser.
Pedestal Feet: The TV is shipped with two pedestal feet unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 92.5 lbs with the feet attached. The TV does not swivel.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 600mm (h) x 400mm (v). The threaded inserts require 6mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 91 lbs without the stand.
Ventilation Requirements: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Attached AC Power Cord: The television comes with an attached 5' AC power cord. The power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.875" from the wall.
2 questions already asked