About the Sonos One SL 2-pack
Twice the convenience
Twice the convenience
This Sonos One SL two-pack is a great way to start — or expand — a Sonos wireless multi-room audio system. Place them in different rooms to stream music to two locations. Or pair them wirelessly in the same room for spacious two-channel stereo music. You can also use Sonos One SL speakers as wireless rear-channel speakers with a Sonos sound bar and Sub, creating an immersive 5.1 home theater sound system.
You can stream from Spotify® Premium, Apple Music®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM, and internet radio stations. Enjoy songs stored on your home computer or portable device.
The Sonos app gives you easy wireless control
Download the free Sonos control app to your smartphone or tablet. Now your device can control not only your Sonos One SL speakers, but any and all other Sonos devices in your home. Have all your Sonos speakers play the same song, or have each one play something different — simultaneously.
Easily navigate and search through playlists and tracks stored on your computer, or select an internet radio station. Create customized playlists on the fly for individual rooms or for playback over your entire Sonos system. You can also mute or adjust the volume of each of your players.
Compatible with Apple AirPlay 2
The Sonos One SL speakers have Apple AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an Apple device, you can use it to fine-tune the Sonos One SL speakers with Sonos's Trueplay feature. It uses the mic built into your device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings, and then it adjusts the speaker's settings for the best possible sound.
- bundle includes two Sonos One SL
- compact, humidity-resistant design
- each contains two built-in amplifiers and two built-in speakers (one midrange driver and one tweeter)
- Apple® AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
Sonos control app:
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play™
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- bass, treble, balance, and volume controls
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays internet radio stations and podcasts through TuneIn
- plays music and podcasts directly from Android™ and iOS mobile devices
- configure both Sonos One SL speakers together for stereo playback
- can also be used as wireless surround sound speakers in a 5.1-channel setup with a Sonos sound bar
- top-mounted touch-sensitive controls for volume, play, pause, and track skip
- Ethernet port for connection to a wireless router
- requires AC power
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight: 4.08 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
Sonos One SL 2-pack owner's manual
- This package contains 2 individually boxed Sonos One SL speakers
- each containing the following:
- Network powered speaker (black)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Quickstart Guide
- Important Product Information
Sonos One SL 2-pack reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Sonos One SL 2-pack
Features & specs
|Subwoofer Output||Optional Wireless|
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4 GHz|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||16-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||48 kHz|
|Apple AirPlay 2||Yes|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Amazon Music||Amazon Music HD|
|Control by app||iOS,Android,Window,Mac,Fire|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Variety Of Music Sources
Custom Built Drivers + Class D Amplifiers: Built on the same blueprints of the Play:1, the Sonos One SL is backed by a pair of Class-D amplifiers and custom-built drivers, meticulously tuned to the speaker's unique acoustic architecture. A single 1" tweeter creates a crisp and clear high-frequency response, while one 3.5" mid-woofer ensures you'll hear the faithful playback of midrange vocal frequencies plus deep, rich midbass. The Sonos One SL provides pure, clean sound that is perfect for bringing room filling music to a kitchen, bedroom, office, or just about any room in your home. Adjustable bass & treble controls within the Sonos Controller app let you customize your sound by individual room or groups of rooms.
Sonos Wireless Multiroom Audio Eco-System: The One SL is part of the Sonos wireless multiroom audio eco-system consisting of a family of wireless network speakers, players, and amplifiers. Start with a single Sonos product and add more Sonos products over time. With multiple zones, you can play the same or different songs in different rooms of your home. Compatible distributed audio sources include internet radio, online music services, local network music libraries, as well as hardwired inputs. Up to 32 Sonos devices and 16 groups can be connected in one system. The Sonos One SL is compatible with the new Sonos S2 operating system (OS) and does not support the older Sonos S1 operating system (OS).
- Sonos S2 OS Compatible Products: The Sonos Five, One SL, Roam, ARC, Sub (Gen 3), and any Sonos products released after May 2020 will only be compatible with Sonos S2.
- Sonos S2 and S1 OS Compatible Products: The Sonos Play:1, Play:3, Play:5 (Gen 2), Playbase, Playbar, Connect (Gen 2), Connect:Amp (Gen 2), One (Gen 1/2), Beam, Amp, Port, Boost, Move, and Sub (Gen 1/2) support both Sonos S2 and S1 operating systems.
- Sonos S1 OS Compatible Products: The Sonos CR200 Controller, Zone Player, Bridge, Connect (Gen 1), Connect: Amp (Gen 1), and Play: 5 (Gen 1) will only support the older S1 operating system.
- If you have have both, older "legacy" Sonos products and newer Sonos products in your system, you have the option to create two separate eco-systems - one that will be controlled with the older Sonos S1 controller app and the other that will be controlled by the newer Sonos S2 controller app.
- Click here for more information regarding Sonos "Legacy" S1 versus the new Sonos S2 Operating System and App.
Trueplay Tuning: Trueplay software (for Apple iOS only) dynamically tunes the speaker to the unique acoustics of the room. Trueplay puts the speaker-tuning capability of the pros in the palm of your hands, customizing the sound of the speaker to the unique acoustics of the room. The layout of a room, and where a speaker is placed, can have a significant impact on the sound that you hear. Trueplay, an auto-tune app within the Sonos S2 App, uses the microphone in your Apple iOS device to measure how sound reflects off walls, furnishings and other surfaces in a room, and then fine tunes the Sonos One SL speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it. The Sonos One SL speakeralready sounds fantastic, but Trueplay brings you even closer to how music should sound. Completing Trueplay tuning for a room takes approximately 3 minutes from start to finish.
- Apple iOS Compatible: In order to perform Trueplay tuning, the Sonos S2 app for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 11.0 or higher is required. This includes iPhone 4s and higher, iPad 2 and higher, as well as iPod touch 5th generation and higher. Trueplay tuning is not available if the "VoiceOver" feature is enabled on your Apple iOS device. Trueplay is currently not compatible with Android.
- 1Ch/1.1ch & 2Ch/2.1Ch Tuning: Trueplay can be used with a single speaker setup, two speakers configured as a stereo pair, or either of these configurations with the Sonos Sub added.
Note: You will need to retune the Sonos One SL speaker using TruePlay, if you move the speaker within the same room or to another room, change the orientation of speaker (horizontal vs. vertical), or change the configuration of the speaker setup (going from a single speaker to a stereo pair for example).
Stereo or Multichannel System Compatible: You can use two Sonos One SL speakers in a stereo pair - one speaker acts as a dedicated left, while the other speaker acts as a dedicated right. Two Sonos One SL speakers can also be used to create a wireless 5.1ch surround sound experience with the Sonos ARC, Playbar, Playbase, Beam and Sub . Now you don't have to run wires to a powered sub or rear speakers to enjoy true 5.1ch audio.
- Stereo & Multichannel pairing requires that all the sonos speakers be on the same Sonos S1 ("legacy") or S2 ("new") operarting system using the same S1 or S2 controller app.
- The Sonos One SL can also be used in a stereo or multichannel application with the Sonos One (1st or 2nd Gen). It does not support the Play:1, Play:3, or Play:5.
Mounting Options: You can place the Sonos One SL wherever you find the sound most enjoyable. Its compact size makes it easy to place the One SL on your desk, the kitchen counter, or on your nightstand. Integrated rubber feet protect your furniture and keep the Sonos One SL secure. The One SL is even designed to withstand high humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. However, the One SL is not waterproof or water resistant.
Notes: There are no integrated keyholes slots, threaded inserts, or bracket on back of the speaker to wall-mount the Sonos One SL. However, you can use optional wall-mount brackets (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) which are specifically designed to wall mount the Sonos One SL.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Sonos One SL operates on standard household current using the supplied detachable 6.5' AC power cord. The Sonos One SL is not battery powered.
Variety Of Music Sources
Two Ways to Connect Wirelessly: In order to enjoy internet radio, online music services, your local network music libraries and Apple AirPlay 2, you'll need to connect the Sonos One SL speaker to your home's wireless network router and ISP (internet service provider). Sonos brings your great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project through WiFi or its SonosNet mesh network.
- WiFi Wireless Network: Sonos can also operate over your home's existing WiFi network (802.11 b/g/n/ac; 2.4/5GHz). Because you are connecting wirelessly to your home's existing WiFi network, you do not need to hardwire a Sonos Boost to your router/modem. The Sonos system's wireless range will be dependent on your home's existing WiFi network. Sonos products manufactured after March 2014 are loaded with the proper firmware and ready to go out of the box for WiFi connectivity. All Sonos products manufactured prior to that date will require a wired connection to facilitate a firmware upgrade and hereafter they will be able to work over WiFi.
- SonosNet Wireless Mesh Network: Sonos can utilize its own SonosNet proprietary wireless mesh network technology to provides superior wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensure synchronous music playback, and avoid sources of wireless interference. The transmitting range of the Sonos wireless system is approximately 100', depending upon your home's layout. In addition to the Sonos One SL, you will need a Sonos Boost (sold separately) connected to your network router/modem via a Ethernet cable.
- You cannot connect the Sonos system via both the SonosNet proprietary mesh network and WiFi; you will need to choose one. Sonos recommends using its proprietary SonosNet wireless mesh network over WiFi when applicable.
- The Sonos proprietary mesh network will provide a more secure wireless connection with fewer interruptions for optimum performance.
- WiFi is subject to greater interference from other WiFi and 2.4GHz or 5GHz devices on your network.
Ethernet Port (10/100 Mbps): In addition to its built-in SonosNet Wireless Mesh Network and WiFi, the Sonos One SL is also equipped with one Ethernet port (10/100 Mbps). Use it to wire directly to your router to operate Sonos if WiFi is unstable, or use the Ethernet port to provide Internet accessibility to non-wireless devices if you're using a SonosNET Boost setup.
Internet Radio Stations: Sonos offers a wide variety of Internet Radio stations and services. Some Internet Radio Services require a paid subscription and fees. Click here for all available Internet Radio Services.
- Sonos Radio: Sonos Radio is a free service that brings the best of Sonos and partner services into one place, making it even easier to listen to radio and discover new music on your system. Sonos Radio features thousands of live radio stations to choose from; lisen to music news, sports, and more from over 60,000 local and global stations. You even get a special selection of genre stations with music expertly curated by Sonos.
- iHeartRadio: iHeartRadio delivers all your favorite music and radio in one free service. Thousands of the best live Radio stations from across the country. Custom Stations created from 20 million songs and over 800,000 artists. You tell us an artist you like and iHeart Radio will build a playlist you love. iHeartRadio is free to listen with no capped hours or monthly subscription fees.
- Pandora: Pandora gives you personalized radio that plays what you love and continually evolves with your tastes. Start with the name of an artist, song, genre, or comedian, and create a station. If you are not sure what to listen to, you can browse through our hundreds of curated genre station to find the perfect match for your mood. You can choose between Pandora's free ad-supported account or a Pandora Plus ad-free account with higher 192kbps bit-rate.
- TuneIn: TuneIn gives you access to the world's radio stations, shows and podcasts, all for free. Over 100,000 channels from every corner of the earth, plus live and on-demand radio shows from around the world.
- SiriusXM: With SiriusXM, you can stream up to 155 channels of commercial-free music, play-by-play and sports talk, world class news, comedy, exclusive entertainment, and more. Search to easily find channels, shows, episodes and more. You'll need a SiriusXM subscription that also offers internet streaming.
Online Music Services: Sonos offers a wide variety of online music services. Some online music services require a paid subscription and fees. Click here for all available online music services.
- Apple Music: Apple Music is a subscription-paid streaming service with over 60 million songs ad-free. Easily find your favorite artists, discover new music, listen to curated playlists, and get exclusive artist content and interviews. Follow lyrics while you listen, tap ahead, or sing along with lyrics view. Enjoy at home, in the car, and across all your devices.
- Amazon Music: here are three tiers of access to Amazon Music on Sonos. Amazon Music Unlimited customers can stream tens of millions of songs and listen to curated playlists, stations, and weekly new releases, available to Prime Members for only $7.99/month (non-Prime price: $9.99/month). Amazon Music HD is a new tier of premium quality music with more than 50 million songs in High Definition (HD). At just $12.99/month for Prime members or $14.99/month for Amazon customers, Amazon Music HD makes high quality, lossless audio accessible to all music fans. Existing Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers (Individual or Family Plan) can upgrade to Amazon Music HD for an additional $5/month. Prime Music is a curated, on-demand, ad-free music streaming benefit featuring a growing selection of two million songs, and personalized recommendations at no additional cost with your Amazon Prime Membership.
- Deezer: Deezer is a subscription-paid online music service that offers you over 43 million songs at your fingertips. Stream almost any song you can think of or kick back with an endless selection of playlists, mixes, albums. You'll need a Deezer Premium+ or Deezer HiFi account to use Deezer with Sonos.
- Napster: Napster is a paid online music service that provides you with a music collection complete with millions of songs, entire albums and artist hits spanning the decades. Enjoy more than 30 million tracks at 320kbps AAC.
- Qobuz: Qobuz is a paid streaming service that gives you access to more than 40 million tracks. Discover new artists and albums with selections and playlists from musical experts. On Sonos you can stream 320kbps MP3 streams through the Qobuz Premium Subscription or experience high-quality FLAC (16-bit /44.1kHz) streaming using the Qobuz Hi-Fi Subscription.
- Spotify: Spotify is an online music service giving users the ability to stream music on demand to Sonos using Spotify's unique technology. Spotify and Sonos will allow access to all of your existing Spotify playlists and their entire catalog. Sonos supports Spotify Free and Spotify Premium accounts. A Spotify Free account allows you to search for Spotify artists, albums, and playlists in the Sonos app. When listening to music with a Spotify Free account, you’re limited to six song skips per hour.
- Tidal: Tidal streams music in lossless, high fidelity audio quality, ensuring the best sound experience possible. Discover new and old favorites with news, recommendations, curated playlists, moods and genres. All with High Fidelity Streaming. Create and edit your own playlists with more than 25 million tracks available. Tidal offers two paid streaming platforms - Tidal HiFi (Losless Flac 16-bit/44.1kHz) or Tidal Premium (AAC 320kbps).
- YouTube Music: YouTube Music is a subscription-paid online music service allows you to easily find what you're looking for and discover new music. Get playlists and recommendations served to you based on your context, tastes, and what's trending around you.
Music Libraries: Sonos supports playback of music from any computer or network-attached storage (NAS) device on your home network where you have shared music folders. Sonos can play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats. Sonos indexes your music folders so you can view your music collection by categories (such as artists, albums, composers, genres, or tracks).
- File Formats: Sonos supports the following audio file formats - MP3 (compressed), WMA (compressed), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, FLAC (lossless), WAV (uncompressed), and AIFF (uncompressed).
- Sampling Frequencies: Supported sampling rates include 16kHz, 22.5kHz, 24.0kHz, 32.0kHz, 44.1kHz, and 48kHz.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any audio from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on select Sonos components and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You'll be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music content on the Sonos unit. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Sonos product.
- Compatible AirPlay 2 Devices From Sonos: Sonos Arc, One (Gen 1/Gen 2), One SL, Five, Play:5 (Gen 2), Amp, Port, Playbase, and Beam all support AirPlay 2.
- Non-Compatible AirPlay 2 Devices from Sonos: Even though the Sonos Play:1, Play: 5 (Gen 1)Play:3, Playbar, Connect, Connect:Amp, and ZonePlayer are not AirPlay 2 compatible, you can still group these Sonos devices with an AirPlay 2 compatible Sonos product (listed above) to unlock AirPlay for your entire system.
Quad-Core Processor & Bluetooth Low Energy BLE: The Sonos One SL has an updated powerful quad-core processor and increased memory for greater performance and efficiency. The One SL utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to temporarily communicate with your Apple iOS or Android device to simplify the first-time setup process.
Note: BLE does not support audio streaming. Once setup is done, the Sonos One SL streams and updates via your WiFi (not Bluetooth).
Sonos S2 App: Sonos S2 is a new app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ / Android OS 8.0+ / Fire OS 7.0+ / Mac OSX 10.11+ / Windows 8+) that powers the next generation of Sonos products. The Sonos S2 app offers new features, usability updates, and more personalization moving forward. The updated app makes it even simpler for you to search for content, control the sound, and personalize your listening experience. Use the Sonos S2 app to setup your Sonos speaker system, control your Sonos speaker system, stream your favorite internet radio stations and online music services, access local network music libraries, and personalize your speaker system.
- Setup: The app lets you easily setup the Sonos speaker system. Get step-by-step instructions for setting up a new system and/or adding more speakers to your system.
- Control: With the Sonos S2 app, you can control all your Sonos speakers, soundbars, and components. Adjust volume levels, group products to play in sync, or play something different in every room.
- Music & Radio: The Sonos S2 app brings together hundreds of internet radio stations and online music services.You also get access to local network music libraries on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. Use the app to browse all your music, podcasts, radio, and audiobooks all in one place.
- Personalized Settings: Save favorites and room groups to My Sonos to get to the music faster, create alarms so you can wake up to a favorite radio station or playlist, filter out explicit content, and more.
- Security: Enhanced protocols, including support for elliptic curve cipher suites in SSL/TLS, keep your system safer and your data more secure.
- The Sonos One SL is not compatible with the older Sonos S1 Controller app and requires the new Sonos S2 Controller app.
- Some older Sonos products ("legacy" products) will not support the advances of the S2 app due to their memory and processing power. If you own any of these products, you can continue to use your system as you do today. See System Requirements for more details.
Sonos Voice Control: Using a voice-capable Sonos speaker (like the Sonos One - sold separately), you can operate the Sonos One SL speaker with Sonos Voice Control. Sonos Voice Control was created purely for listening on Sonos and delivers fast, accurate hands-free control of your music and your Sonos system with privacy. With Sonos Voice Control, you can use voice requests to control Sonos products in your system. You can even ask Sonos Voice for multiple things on multiple Sonos products at once. Sonos Voice Control finds the music you want to listen to by processing requests entirely on the device for faster response times and effortless follow-ups. All you need is one "Hey Sonos" and you can follow up without the need for additional wake-words. Just like the Sonos app, you can control music and speakers in any room, easily play music around the home, save and like your favorite songs to your personal music library, and more.
- Music Control: Use Sonos Voice Control to play songs, artists, albums, playlists, genres, and more from select music services (including Sonos Radio, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, and Pandora). More services may be available in the future (not ETA). Click here for a complete list of the latest compatible music services. You can also use Sonos Voice to adjust the volume level, pause your music, skip tracks, and more. You can even ask Sonos Voice to "Like" or "Unlike" a song, as well as get information on what song is playing. In addition, you'll be able to group/ungroup rooms, plus move your music from one room to another.
- Home Theater Control: Sonos Voice can also be used to turn your compatible Sonos soundbar and HDMI-ARC connected TV on or off, as well as switch between Night and Speech enhancement modes.
- Total Privacy: Designed with privacy at its core, Sonos Voice Control processes requests entirely on the device. No audio or transcript is sent to the cloud, stored, listened to, or read by other parties.
- The Sonos One SL is not equipped with it own built-in microphone and requires a separate voice-capable Sonos speaker (like the Sonos One; sold separately) in order use Sonos Voice Control.
- Click here for a more comprehensive list of Sonos Voice controls.
- Make sure your Sonos device has the latest firmware/software update installed.
Works With Alexa & Google Assistant: You can control your Sonos system through any Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (including the Sonos One, Amazon Echo, and Google Home - all sold separately). Specific control functions will vary by digital voice assistant.
- Amazon Alexa: You can ask Alexa to play music on a specific Sonos device in an specific room of your home from these featured music services (Apple Music, Amazon Music, TuneIn, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, & Spotify). Using the Alexa app, you can group your Sonos products and your Alexa-enabled devices together. This makes it easier for Alexa to control your Sonos products based on which room or area they are in. You can pause, resume, and skip songs, as well as change the volume with all Sonos compatible online music services. Click here for more information regarding Amazon Alexa on Sonos.
- Google Assistant: You can ask Google to play music on a specific Sonos device in an specific room of your home from these featured music services (Spotify, YouTube Music, Pandora, Deezer, Tidal, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio). You can pause, resume, and skip songs, as well as change the volume with all Sonos compatible online music services. Click here for more information regarding Google Assistant on Sonos.
- You can only configure your Sonos system to work with one digital voice assisant; choose either Alexa or Google Assistant (you cannot use both). You will need to search and enable the Sonos skill from the Alexa or Google Home app on your mobile device or computer. Your Sonos equipment and Amazon Alexa-enabled devices must be on the same wireless network.
- Sonos and Alexa or Google Assistant work together using a single Amazon or Google account. If you have a second Sonos system in another location, you'll need to use a second Amazon or Google account if you'd like to use Alexa. An Amazon or Google account can only be in use on one Sonos system at a time.
Top-Panel Capacitive Touch Controls: The Sonos One SL features top-panel capacitive touch controls. Simply tap the top-panel controls to play/pause your music and turn the volume up or down, and swipe the top-panel controls to skip to the next or previous song.
Automatic Software Updates: The Sonos One SL supports free automatic software updates so you will always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Simply register the Five and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available through the Sonos S2 Controller app.
Internet Service Provider: You'll need a high-speed, wired internet service provider connection such as cable, fiber, or DSL. Wireless internet connections such as satellite, mobile hotspots, or 4G LTE routers can experience delays between the internet connection and Sonos and are not supported. Using these types of connections can cause music to not play, skip, or cut out completely.
Wireless Setup: All Sonos products support 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11 b/g) and Open, WEP, and WPA/WPA2 Personal WiFi security standards. Some newer Sonos products support dual-band 2.4/5GHz WiFi (802.11 b/g/n/ac) and WPA3.
- The network must not contain enterprise access points that have been configured to require certificates or other forms of enterprise authentication. If you are using multiple access points, make sure they are all set to the same 2.4GHz or 5GHz wireless channel.
- Networks using wireless range extenders are known to cause issues with Sonos systems that are configured in a wireless setup. If you need to extend your home WiFi to use Sonos in a wireless setup, we recommend using a WiFi mesh router to do so.
- Sonos cannot connect to guest networks or networks that use a Port page to login.
Wired Setup Requirements: A Sonos system operating in a wired setup will require one of your Sonos products to remain connected to the router via Ethernet cable at all times. If your Sonos system is in a wired setup and you use a WiFi mesh router with multiple wireless nodes, we recommend wiring your Sonos product directly to the primary wired mesh node. Avoid wiring any Sonos products to the wireless mesh nodes. If you are on a corporate or advanced network, it must not block Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
Note: Ethernet over Power devices (also known as HomePlugs or Powerline adaptors) are not supported by Sonos. While they may work for some systems, they tend to cause intermittent problems with Sonos. EoP adapters create an added delay between your network and Sonos. If the internet connection is too slow or the delay is too great, it can cause your music to skip or cut out completely or your players to drop off from the network.
Sonos S1 or S2 Controller App: Sonos offers a Sonos Controller app for Apple iOS 14.0+, Android OS 8.0+, Fire OS 7.0, Mac OSX 10.11+, and Windows 8+. The Sonos S2 is a new app and operating system (OS) that powers the next generation of products and experiences. In addition to new features, usability updates, and more personalization moving forward, Sonos S2 enables higher resolution audio technologies for music and home theater. Most Sonos products are compatible with S2. Some older Sonos "legacy" products will not support the advances of S2 due to their memory and processing power. The older Sonos "legacy" app is referred to as the Sonos S1 app.
- Sonos Products That Support the Sonos S1 and S2 Controller App: Play:1, Play:3, Play:5 (Gen 2), Playbase, Playbar, Connect (Gen 2), Connect:Amp (Gen 2), One (Gen 1/2), Beam, Amp, Port, Boost, Move, Sub (Gen 1/2).
- Sonos Products That Only Support The New S2 Contoller App: Five, One SL, Roam, ARC, Sub (Gen 3), and any Sonos products released after May 2020
- Sonos Products That Only Support The Old S1 Controller App: CR200 Controller, Zone Player, Bridge, Connect (Gen 1), Connect: Amp (Gen 1), Play: 5 (Gen 1).
- If you have have both, older "legacy" Sonos products and newer Sonos products, you have the option to create two separate eco-systems - one that will be controlled with the older Sonos S1 controller app and the other that will be controlled by the newer Sonos S2 controller app.
- Click here for more information regarding Sonos "Legacy" S1 versus the new Sonos S2 Operating System and App.
Supported Audio Files: Supported audio files from online music services and local music libraries include MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and WAV. Sonos can supports FLAC music files up to 16-bit/44.1kHz for "CD-quality" sound. All supported sample rates include 16kHz, 22.5kHz, 24.0kHz, 32.0kHz, 44.1kHz, and 48kHz. Internet Radio streams are supported only in WMA, MP3, and AAC.
6 questions already asked
This is my 2nd time buying a Sonia system. But the customer service from Crutchfield was amazing!!! I'm not the most technical person and they explained everything in detail. I highly recommend them ??????????
Rhonda from Lake Worth, FL