About the Jamo Concert 9 Series C 91 II
Sweet, value-packed speakers from Jamo
Jamo's C 91 II is the least expensive model in the Danish hi-fi company's Concert 9 Series speakers. But this pair of bookshelf speakers shares the same drivers and upscale design as its larger — and higher-priced — big brothers.
Use the C 91 IIs as part of a high-quality desktop music system (shown in dark apple with tweed grilles removed).
Versatile, high-quality drivers
Each C 91 II matches a 1" silk dome tweeter with a 4" HCCC (Hybrid Composition Conical Cone) woofer for smooth, natural sound throughout its frequency range.
Use this pair of C 91 IIs as part of a stereo music setup in a small- to medium-sized room. They're also ideal as front or rear speakers in a Jamo home theater system.
Add a sub for better bass
If you love hard-hitting thump, add a powered sub to complement the C 91 IIs. This doesn't mean you need to blast your room with bass, but it does give you that extra low-frequency impact that makes music so enjoyable.
My powered subwoofer buying guide has tips on choosing the right one for your room and taste in bass.
Beautiful design and finish
Jamo knows how important a large speaker's visual presence is for their customers. That's why they equipped each C 91 II with a high-quality woodgrain vinyl finish and a woven tweed grille.
If you decide to remove the magnetic grille, you'll be happy to know there are no visible connection points on the speaker.
Use speakers stands for the best sound
Proper speaker placement is crucial to getting the best performance out of the C 91 IIs. Placing them on a pair of speaker stands helps eliminate unwanted vibrations and reflections.
Read my article on stereo speaker placement for positioning and setup tips.
- 1" silk dome tweeter with an integrated waveguide for focused high frequencies
- 4" HCCC (Hybrid Composition Conical Cone) woofer
- frequency response: 65-24,000 Hz (±3dB)
- for deep, hard-hitting bass consider adding a powered sub to complement the C 91 IIs
- impedance: 6 ohms
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 50-100 watts
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure with rear-firing port
- binding post speaker terminals
- removable magnetic tweed grille
- high-quality woodgrain vinyl finish
- 6-15/16"W x 10-9/16"H x 7-15/16"D
- weight: 4.1 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # 1066719
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber bumpers
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Customer reviews for Jamo Concert 9 Series C 91 II
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jamo Concert 9 Series C 91 II
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Frequency Response||65-24k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Bracket Included||Fixed keyhole mount|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-32|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker: The Jamo Concert 9 Series C 91 II is a compact two-way bookshelf loudspeaker designed for exceptional detail and balanced, dynamic reproduction. The C 91 II two-way bookshelf loudspeaker houses a 1" silk dome tweeter and 4" HCCC woofer.
- 1" Silk Dome Tweeter: The 1" Silk dome tweeter mated to an Anti-Diffraction Waveguide offers exceptionally clean, smooth high frequency extension both on-axis and off-axis.
- 4" HCCC Woofer: The 1" silk dome tweeter is paired with a 4" HCCC woofer. Hybrid Composition Conical Cone (HCCC) woofer technology provides the stiffness and strength of aluminum or titanium, with the transient response and smoothness of wood fiber, while Long Displacement Surround (LDS) provides cleaner, tighter, and deeper bass.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The Jamo C 91 II utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port for enhanced, smooth bass response. The speaker enclosure is constructed of MDF and finished with a high quality wood grain finish (available in Black Ash, White Oak, or Dark Apple).
Magnetic Grille: The C 91 II comes with magnetic grilles (no mounting holes or push pins) for a clean, minimalistic front-baffle design. The full-length woven tweed grille cloth features a heavy texture which finishes off the loudspeaker's modern look.
Binding Post Terminals: Each bookshelf loudspeaker is equipped with a set of chrome-plated, binding-post speaker terminals. These binding-post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Applications: The Jamo Concert Series C 91 II bookshelf loudspeaker can be used for the front or rear channels in a home theater system, or stand alone in a strictly two-channel stereo system.
- Placement Options: As front channels in a home theater setup or as a 2ch speaker system, the C 91 II should be positioned so the loudspeakers create an equidistant triangle between the speakers and your main listening position. They should be positioned no less than 6' apart and at ear level in your seated listening position. As rear speakers in a home theater setup, the speakers should be positioned directly to the left and right of your main listening position, or just behind the main listening position, plus placed approximately 6' above the floor (measuring from the top of the cabinet).
- Mounting Options: The Concert Series C 91 II bookshelf loudspeaker can be positioned on table-top, shelf, or stand (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The included self-adhesive rubber feet provide a non-slip surface (the rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speaker). The bookshelf loudspeaker can also be wall mounted thanks to its rear-mounted keyhole slot (mounting screws not included). Self-adhesive rubber bumpers can be placed on the back of the speaker to protect your wall.
Jamo Concert 9 II Series: Jamo's new Concert 9 Series II loudspeakers feature high-quality drivers, deep bass with less distortion, and an updated minimalist design. The Concert 9 Series II consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (C 95 II / C 97 II), two bookshelf loudspeakers (C 91 II / C 93 II), center channel loudspeaker (C 9 CEN II), and surround loudspeakers (C 9 SUR II).
5 questions already asked