About the Boyo VTK601HD
Mount for any job
Mount for any job
Boyo prioritizes fit and a good look with their VTK601HD backup cam. Take your pick from six included mounting brackets for the best possible installation.
Boyo's camera provides a 170° HD view of what's behind you. Ultra-low Lux capability means that a lack of light won't be an issue when you're navigating tight spots in reverse. You can wire the camera to display parking lines at the time of installation, and you can select reverse image if you choose to use this as a front-view cam.
With six mounts to choose from, you'll have the tools necessary to pull off a factory-worthy installation. A slim bar-style mount, metal square mount, a metal flush mount, a metal angle mount, a contoured rubber mount, or a license plate mount — the eyeball-shaped camera fits into all of them. And Boyo gives you a 30-foot power cable and a 24-foot video cable to connect the camera to your monitor (not included) up front in your dash.
Note: Boyo includes the hole saw you'll need to cut a 15/16" diameter hole for the supplied flush mount.
Installing this camera yourself? Here's what you should know.
What does it do? Unless otherwise noted, a backup camera is only intended for use backing up your vehicle. (If you require a front-view or constant rear-view camera, check for that capability.)
What tools and supplies will I need? A panel tool, a wire cutter/stripper, a soldering iron, and a rosin-core solder with heat shrink tubing are recommended, along with whatever tools are needed to remove the radio from the dash.
How much wiring is required? Wiring instructions vary from camera to camera. Some cameras have power wiring that can only be connected near the radio. Others let you power the camera at compatible reverse lights. In all cases, the camera must be wired for power and ground, the camera's video output must be connected to the radio/monitor, and the radio/monitor must be connected to a reverse trigger in your vehicle. Some radio replacement interfaces supply a reverse trigger wire for the radio -- using that wire to power your camera will damage the interface.
Will the included video cable be long enough? You'll need to route the camera's video cable from its mounting location outside your vehicle into your vehicle's cabin and all the way to the screen in the dash. This often requires drilling a small hole in your vehicle or filing some metal and or plastic. You'll also need to estimate the length of cable needed to run from the camera to the dash, which will not be a straight shot. Each camera's cable length is listed.
- Featured in our article: Best backup cameras for 2024
- waterproof CMOS color backup camera
- 26-foot video extension cable
- six mounting options:
- slim bar-style mount
- metal square mount
- metal flush mount
- metal angle mount
- license plate mount
- contoured rubber mount
- universal fit
- compatible with any radio with an RCA video input (most aftermarket models, only a few factory)
- 170° wide angle
- selectable parking guidelines
- selectable reverse image
- minimum illumination: 0.1 Lux
- resolution: 700 TV lines
- IP rating: IP68
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # VTK601HD
What's in the box:
- Backup camera w/ attached 7' video cable (terminated in a male composite video plug and 3' power/ground wires)
- 26' Video extension cable (male composite plugs on both ends)
- Square Bracket housing (includes: backpiece/hinged mount/3M adhesive/One 10mm screw/Two 8mm screws/Six 4mm screws)
- Metal Angle housing (includes: top plate/3M adhesive/One 10mm screw/Four 4mm screws)
- Rubber Angle housing (includes: one camera adjust tool)
- Flush Mount housing (includes: 25mm (0.984") hole-saw/inner threaded collar/outer threaded collar/spring-clip/2 O-rings/one camera adjust tool)
- Slim Bar Mount (includes: 2 camera housing sections/Mounting bar/2 end pieces/Eight 4mm screws/Two 2mm set-screws/1.5mm Allen-key)
- License Plate mounting bracket (includes: Two 18mm bolts/Two 4mm screws/2 Nuts/2 Flat-washers/2 Lock-washers/5mm Allen-key)
- User manual
- Product Registration card
- Warranty information
Customer reviews for Boyo VTK601HD
Average review:4.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boyo VTK601HD
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Resolution||700 TV Lines|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||---|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||---|
Overview: The Boyo VTK601HD is a universal 6-in-1 backup camera that includes multiple mounting options, allowing it to be installed in most any vehicle.
Camera: The VTK601HD includes an "eyeball" style camera with a 1/3" HD CMOS image sensor and 700 TV lines for 976 x 592 resolution, providing a wide 170° (diagonal) viewing angle. It carries an IP68 waterproof rating and has a Lux of 0.1 for low-light use. The camera's attached 7' video cable includes white and blue looped wires for changing the camera view:
- White loop: Allows the camera to display a reverse (mirror) image (default), or a non-reversed image if the loop is cut.
- Blue loop: Allows the camera to display parking-assist lines (default). Cutting the loop disables parking lines.
Mounting: The Boyo universal backup camera kit includes 6 different mounting assemblies, each designed to hold the included HD camera, allowing for installation on most vehicles. Mounts include:
- Metal Square Bracket: This square housing includes a hinged mounting plate with 3M adhesive for a wide variety of mounting locations.
- Metal Flush Mount: Allows the camera to be recessed into the
mounting surface for a low-profile look.
- Note: Drilling a 25mm (0.984") hole is required for Flush Mounting.
- Metal & Rubber Angle Mounts: Either of these two mounts can be installed under a lip or horizontal surface and include 3M adhesive backing.
- License Plate: This mount uses the Square Bracket housing for the camera, along with a mounting bracket that installs behind the top of a license plate. This allows the camera to over-hang the top of the license plate.
- Super Slim Bar Type Mount: Allows the camera to be mounted to a wide variety of vertical surfaces including along the top or bottom of a license plate.
Wiring: The backup camera's attached 7' video cable also includes 3' power and ground wires, that can be connected to the vehicle's reverse wire and ground at the back of the vehicle, and a female composite video plug. The included 26' video extension cable also includes a power wire extension built into it, letting you trigger the display with the same reverse wire trigger in the rear, or for powering the camera from a switched +12 connection at the radio or dash location. The 26' video extension cable features male composite video plugs on both ends.
The Boyo VTK601HD replaces these items
12 questions already asked