About the Klipsch ME-800-C
Enjoy better sound from your Klipsch 8" Reference Series in-ceiling speakers while protecting them at the same time with Klipsch's ME-800-C speaker enclosure. This sturdy pre-construction enclosure is designed to be mounted before drywall is hung. It's constructed from high-grade cold-rolled steel and filled with a layer of insulation, and it installs behind each speaker location to prevent sound from bleeding through. Plus, its optimized enclosure volume provides consistent acoustic performance for clear, crisp sound regardless of construction variations.
- metal back-box enclosure for in-ceiling speakers with 8-inch woofers
- designed for pre-construction installation — not for retrofitting
- manufactured from high-grade cold-rolled steel and features a layer of insulation
- reduces sound leaking into adjoining rooms
- optimized enclosure volume provides consistent acoustic performance regardless of construction variations
- exceeds one-hour fire-rating requirements and meets UL2043 requirements for installation in plenum spaces
- tested to meet UL 263, ASTM E119-98, NFPA 251, UBC 7-1, and ULC CAN/ULC-S101 - M89 standards
- fits 16" stud spans
- includes hardware needed for any installation application and provisions for standard conduit connections
- pre-drilled holes simplify installation and ensure that all safety requirements are met
- speaker cut-out diameter: 9.8"
- overall dimensions: 18"W x 17-3/4"H x 5"D
- warranty: 60 days
- MFR # 1001184
What's in the box:
- Metal in-wall speaker enclosure
- Insulation (installed inside of enclosure)
- Installation Wire-clamp
Customer reviews for Klipsch ME-800-C
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch ME-800-C
In-Ceiling Metal Speaker Enclosure: The ME-800-C in-ceiling metal speaker enclosure allows you and residential contractors to meet building codes as well as diminish the undesirable transfer of sound from one room to the other. Its optimized enclosure volume provides consistent acoustic performance regardless of construction variations. While the insulation exceeds fire requirements, it also reduces the sound transmission into adjacent spaces by at least 10dB.
Compatibility: The ME-800-C metal enclosure is designed to fit all Reference Series in-ceiling speakers with 8" woofers. The inside edge of the ME-800-C's mounting ring is color coded to match up with the corresponding Klipsch installation kit size code.
Quality Construction: The ME-800-C is manufactured from high-grade cold-rolled steel and features a layer of insulation. It exceeds the one-hour fire-rating requirements and is designed to meet UL2043 requirements for installation in plenum spaces. This metal device has also been tested to meet UL 263, ASTM E119-98, NFPA 251, UBC 7-1 and ULC CAN/ULC-S101 - M89 standards.
Installation: The ME-800-C fits 16" stud spans and offers provisions for standard conduit connections. Pre-drilled holes simplify the installation process and ensure that all safety requirements are met. Mounting screws not included (sold separately).
- Overall: 17.5" (w) x 18" (h) x 5.75" (d)
- Cutout: 13.3125" (w) x 16.8125" (h) x 5.25" (d)
- Screw Hole Spacing: 15.1875" - 16.6875" (w) x 11" (h)
12 questions already asked