About the Klipsch Reference R-14SA
Take your Klipsch home theater to new heights
Take your Klipsch home theater to new heights
Our customers love the performance and value of Klipsch's Reference-series speakers. If you've got Reference tower or bookshelf speakers, the add-on R-14SA pair lets you experience Dolby Atmos. That's a newer type of surround sound that expands your movie soundtracks by reflecting sounds off the ceiling.
How do they work?
Each R-14SA speaker has a 4" woofer and a horn-loaded tweeter on its top baffle. These drivers are angled to reflect sound off of your ceiling and back down to your listening position. They're designed sit right on top of your existing Reference speakers. Use a pair with your front towers, or add another pair to the rear surround towers for an even more enveloping experience. They can also be wall-mounted for use as regular surround speakers.
Does your receiver have what it takes?
You'll need a home theater receiver with Dolby Atmos in order to get enhanced surround sound with these speakers.
Build a complete Klipsch Reference Dolby Atmos system
Floor-standing speakers: Klipsch R-24F, Klipsch R-26F, and Klipsch R-28F
Bookshelf speakers: Klipsch R-14M and Klipsch R-15M
Center channel: Klipsch R-25C
Powered subwoofers: Klipsch R-10SW and Klipsch R-12SW
- Dolby Atmos add-on speakers
- designed to sit on top of floor-standing front or back speakers
- drivers are angled up to reflect sound off the ceiling, for a heightened soundstage and overhead effects
- connect to a Dolby Atmos compatible receiver's height channels
- can also be used as wall-mounted standard surround speakers
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Tractrix® horn with 3/4" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum tweeter
- 4" spun copper IMG (injection-molded graphite) woofer
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- frequency response: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (100 watts peak)
- MDF cabinet with durable brushed polymer veneer finish
- anti-vibration rubber feet and built-in keyhole slot wall-mounting brackets (mounting screws not included)
- binding post speaker terminals
- 6"W x 7-1/4"H x 11-1/4"D
- weight: 5.5 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # 1064185
What's in the box:
- 2 Dolby-atmos enabled speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Rubber bumpers
- User Manual
- Warranty sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
Customer reviews for Klipsch Reference R-14SA
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-14SA
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Woofer Composition||Copper-spun IMG|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Dolby Atmos Elevation Speaker: The Klipsch Reference R-14SA is a Dolby Atmos enabled home theater speaker which adds the Dolby Atmos elevation effect to any existing home theater speaker system to create an atmosphere of rich, detailed sound, or can be used as a surround speaker
Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos delivers captivating, object-based sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room to bring entertainment alive all around the audience. With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill a home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail and depth. Learn more out Dolby Atmos here.
Klipsch Design Philosophy: The Klipsch Reference R-14SA delivers on Klipsch's speaker design philosophy; low distortion, high efficiency, flat frequency response, broad dynamic range, and controlled directivity.
0.75" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-14SA speaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 0.75" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- Tractrix Horn Technology: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 0.75" aluminum tweeter with a linear travel suspension to minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
4" Copper-Spun IMG Woofer: The Klipsch R-14SA speaker is outfitted with a single 4" Copper-Spun IMG woofer. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-14SA speaker features a MDF cabinet with a brushed polymer veneer black finish that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) is utilized because of its damping characteristics for natural, uncolored sound without unwanted vibration and distortion.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-14SA speaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is acoustically transparent.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference series speaker is fitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
Mounting Options: The Klipsch Reference series R-14SA offers flexibility when mounting the Dolby Atmos enabled speaker.
- Rubber Feet: The Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker features four integrated rubber feet so you can sit the speakers on top of your existing front tower loudspeaker securely. The top of your loudspeaker needs to be flat and measure at least 6.0625" (w) x 11.25" (d).
- Wall Mounting: The Klipsch R-14SA speaker features a single keyhole slot on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied).
Reference Series: The Klipsch Reference series consists of three floorstanding speakers (R-24F/R-26F/R-28F), two bookshelf speakers (R-14M/R-15M), one center channel speaker (R-25C), and one surround speaker (R-14S). The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
3 questions already asked