About the Definitive Technology C/L/R2300
Innovative center channel with a built-in subwoofer
Innovative center channel with a built-in subwoofer
Definitive Technology's C/L/R2300 solves the problem of anemic center channel sound it's a high-performance, truly full-range speaker you can build your home theater system around. Unlike conventional center channel speakers, the C/L/R2300 has a 150-watt, built-in 8" powered subwoofer. It ensures that sounds anchored to the screen have full bass impact, and increases your system's total bass output. This means that you can change the center channel setting on your Dolby® Digital receiver to "large," and enjoy dynamic performance from all three of your front speakers.
High-tech drivers for rich sound
The C/L/R2300 is designed to the same stringent standards as Definitive's left and right main speakers, so you'll experience exceptional detail and presence with movie dialogue and on-screen action. It has two 4-1/2" midranges and a 1" dome tweeter, for perfectly blended highs and mids. The upward-firing woofer only requires one inch of clearance, so this powerful speaker works whether it's placed in the open or in an A/V cabinet.
- video-shielded for safe placement next to any TV
- frequency response 20-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity 91 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- handles up to 250 watts
- 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter
- dual 4-1/2" bass/midrange drivers
- 8" upward-firing long-throw woofer
- built-in 150-watt amplifier for subwoofer
- subwoofer auto on/off
- full-range line-level input
- 5-way binding posts
- 6-foot AC power cord
- piano-gloss black finish
- 19-5/8"W x 5-13/16"H x 12-7/16"D
- weight: 33 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years speaker, 3 years amplifier
- MFR # KAEA
What's in the box:
- C/L/R loudspeaker with built-in powered subwoofer
- 3 Brass threaded feet
- Definitive logo
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration card
Customer reviews for Definitive Technology C/L/R2300
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Definitive Technology C/L/R2300
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||4-1/2|
|Woofer size (inches)||8|
|Connector Type||5-way post/RCA|
|Frequency Response||20-30k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs speaker/3 Yrs amp|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs speaker/3 Yrs amp|
Overview: The Definitive Technology C/L/R 2300 is a magnetically shielded loudspeaker with a built-in powered subwoofer that can be used either as a front left/right speaker, center-channel speaker, side/back surround speaker. The C/L/R 2300 features two 4-1/2 inch high-definition drivers with cast magnesium baskets and a 1-inch pure aluminum dome tweeter. The built-in 8-inch powered subwoofer provides dynamic bass impact. The C/L/R 2300 uses a non-resonant monocoque cabinet featuring elegant piano-gloss black lacquer end-caps and wraparound grille cloth styling.
Moving-Coil Pure Aluminum Dome Tweeter: The single 1-inch magnetic fluid-cooled moving-coil pure aluminum dome tweeter is of a unique design that synergistically brings together the performance advantages of metal domes (greater clarity) and soft domes (smoother sound and better dampening) in one state-of-the-art tweeter design. The pure aluminum dome is specially annealed (to "relax" the crystal structure) and acoustically loaded by a precisely configured acoustic phase plug/lens (to assure perfectly controlled, absolutely linear movement). The tweeter's voice coil sits in ferro-magnetic colloidal fluid which serves to cool the voice coil for exceptional power handling and also damps the system for smoother response and sonic accuracy. In addition, the unique silk surround provides better dampening and wave termination. The audible benefits of all this highly advanced engineering include smooth extended high frequency response (up to 30 kHz), greatly reduced distortion, improved transient response, notably higher definition, and crystal clear life-like clarity.
High-Definition Die-Cast Basket Drivers: The C/L/R 2300 features two magnetically shielded high-definition cast-basket 4-1/2 inch bass/midrange drivers for robust bass reproduction, lifelike midrange clarity, and dynamic range. These sophisticated drivers incorporate deeply drawn mineral-filled polymer cones, combined with butyl rubber dust caps and surrounds, high temperature vented voice coils, and massive magnet structures. This combination of features assures high definition, superb transient response, high efficiency, high power handling, and extended linear response. In addition, the aerodynamically designed, non-resonant, cast-magnesium baskets minimize reflections of the sound radiating from the back of the cones and preserve structural and magnetic integrity.
Phase-Coherent Linkwitz-Riley Crossover Network: The sophisticated Linkwitz-Riley crossover network design used in the C/L/R 2300 equalizes the drivers for linear phase and frequency response. This preserves the phase coherence, transient response and dynamic integrity of the signal for lifelike music and home theater reproduction in your home.
Break-In Period: The C/L/R 2300 will sound good right out of the box; however, an extended break-in period of 40-60 hours or more of playing is required to reach full performance capability. The break-in period allows the suspensions to work in and results in full bass, a more open midrange, and smoother high frequency reproduction.
Powered Subwoofer: The Definitive Technology C/L/R 2300 features a powerful built-in 8-inch powered subwoofer driven by a 150-watt digital amplifier. Its upward-firing long-throw woofer only requires 1" of clearance, so it works perfectly whether you open-mount it or put it in a cabinet. The purpose of putting a subwoofer in the center channel, beyond putting more bass energy into the room, is to add full bass capability to the center channel itself. The C/L/R 2300 provides you with a truly full dynamic range and full frequency center channel.The built-in powered subwoofer also provides the following features.
- Auto Turn-On: The C/L/R 2300's built-in active power subwoofer section must be plugged into an electrical socket using the attached 6' AC cord. The C/L/R 2300 has a special circuit which automatically turns the powered subwoofer section on when a signal is fed to the loudspeaker and turns off when there is a no signal (for 1-hour).
- LED: An LED on the back-panel will light up when a signal is sensed and the amplifier turns on. The LED will automatically turn-off when there is no signal (for 1-hour).
- Built-In Crossover: Definitive's engineers have
perfectly adjusted the crossover and phase between the subwoofer and main
speaker sections of the C/L/R 2300 to achieve seamless blending and
- Note: Please note that there are no controls to vary the crossover points or phase because these have been factory calibrated and set to provide perfect blending.
- Level Control: The C/L/R 2300 has a bass-level control which allows you to tune the output level of the built-in powered subwoofer section to match your room and personal listening preferences.
Non-Resonant, Low-Diffraction Cabinet: The tri-chambered monocoque cabinets of the Definitive Technology L/C/R 2300 loudspeaker is constructed of extremely thick, dense medite with foam damping pads and extensive internal bracing. This virtually eliminates cabinet vibrations and resonance which would otherwise interfere with the pure sound produced by Definitive's high-definition drivers.
Speaker-Level & Line-Level Connections: The C/L/R 2300 is equipped with a pair of gold-plated, 5-way binding posts to attach your receiver's speaker wire. The C/L/R 2300 also features an full-range mono-RCA low-level input for connecting your receiver's subwoofer output. When using the C/L/R 2300 in a multi-channel system there are two hookup options.
- Speaker Wire: Connect speaker wire as in a stereo system; set bass management as Front=Large, Subwoofer=None
- Speaker Wire Plus Sub Out: In addition to speaker wires connect low-level cables from the LFE/Subwoofer output of the receiver/processor to the LFE inputs of the C/L/R 2300 (Y connector is usually required). Set bass management as Front=Large, Subwoofer=Yes. The benefit of this hook up method is that one now has the ability to control the level of the LFE channel relative to Front L&R bass.
Magnetically Shielded: The C/L/R 2300 is magnetically shielded for safe placement next to any TV.
Applications: The Definitive Technology C/L/R 2300 can be used as a center-channel speaker, a front left/right main speaker, or a back/side surround speaker.
- Center-Channel: The C/L/R 2300, when uses as a center-channel speaker, can be placed horizontally or vertically above or below your TV.
- Front Main: The C/L/R 2300 is a high quality, full-range speaker which, in addition to its use as a center-channel speaker, can also be uses a left/right main speaker in a home theater system or a conventional 2-channel audio system. When the C/L/R 2300 is used as a left/right main speaker, it may be positioned either vertically or horizontally.
- Surround: When the C/L/R 2300 is use a rear surround speaker, it may also be positioned vertically or horizontally.
Adjustable Feet: The C/L/R 2300 features brass treaded inserts on the bottom of the cabinet designed to thread the three supplied adjustable feet into the cabinet, which hold the speaker above the surface it is placed on as well as give you the option of angling the speaker up or down to point directly at the listeners. The adjustable feet can only be used when the speaker is horizontally mounted.