About the NAD C I8-150 DSP
Legendary NAD performance with installer-friendly features
Legendary NAD performance with installer-friendly features
The NAD CI 8-150 is a flexible powerhouse of an amplifier designed for high-performance distributed audio systems. It offers stable and efficient power with high-current capability, rated at a robust 150 watts per channel with all eight channels driven. And it's 4-ohm stable, too, so it can drive even your most demanding speakers. Global RCA bus inputs/outputs let you distribute a single audio source among multiple amp channels and pass input signal on to another amplifier. The included brackets make for neat, simple rack mounting.
Web-based setup and control
This amp offers a powerful web-based user interface for configuration and management, which you can access from Windows® and Mac® PCs, smartphones, and tablets. The app offers individual input gain for each connected analog or digital source, and separate output level controls for each channel. Sophisticated DSP lets you control Master Gain, Slope, Q, Frequency and Gain settings, and save presets for later use.
With three turn-on options (front panel switch, 12V trigger control, or signal-sensing), this amp easily adapts to any type of installation. The back panel features four pairs of assignable RCA inputs, dual global RCA bus input/outputs, dual optical and coaxial digital inputs, and four Phoenix-style speaker outputs. An Ethernet LAN port lets you connect to your network for accessing the amp's extensive setup and control options.
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD with all channels driven
- 180 watts per channel into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD with all channels driven
- 280 watts x 4 into 8 ohms in bridged mode (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD with all channels driven
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- HybridDigital™ NCore® amplifier delivers stable and efficient power with high current capability
- signal-to-noise ratio: 90 dB
- browser-based gain control, DSP calibration and more
- rack mountable (brackets included)
- 12-volt trigger/signal-sensing auto-on with auto shut-off
- IR in/out
- Ethernet LAN port for setup, control, and firmware updates
- four pairs of RCA inputs can be assigned to specific or multiple speaker output channels
- dual global RCA bus inputs/outputs for distributing a single audio source among multiple amp channels and passing input signal on to another amplifier
- two optical digital inputs
- two coaxial digital inputs
- Phoenix-style outputs for four pairs of speakers
- 12-volt trigger input
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19-1/16"W x 3-9/16"H x 19-5/16"D
- weight: 38.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # CI8-150
What's in the box:
- 8-Channel power amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Phoenix-style speaker connector blocks
- Phoenix-style 12V trigger block
- Phoneix-style IR In/Out block
- 4 Feet
- 4 Screws
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Card
Customer reviews for NAD C I8-150 DSP
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NAD C I8-150 DSP
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||8|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||150|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||180|
|Bridged Power per Channel||280 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||6|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
Ncore Amplifier Technology: The NAD CI 8-150 DSP uses a customized version of the proven Ncore output stage, which is know, for its delivery of stable and efficient power with high current capability. This customized Ncore amplifier platform allows for massive power with extremely low distortion and noise in the audible range. Every detail of this design has been carefully executed to deliver outstanding performance. Designed to deal with the demands of the CI (Custom Integration) world, the CI 8-150 DSP is made to handle long cable runs and difficult speaker loads. The CI 8-150 amplifier is robust and stable at 4 Ohm impedance.
- 8-Ohm Power Rating: 150 watts x 8 channels @ 20-20kHz with all channels driven
- 4-Ohm Power Rating: 180 watts x 8 channels @ 20-20kHz with all channels driven.
Bridgeable: The NAD CI 8-150 DSP is also bridgeable to 280 watts x 4 channels @ 20-20kHz into 8 ohms (with all channels driven). The amplifier cannot handle 4-ohm impedances when in Bridged mode.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): The NAD CI 8-150 DSP offers access to multichannel digital signal processing (DSP) providing detailed equalization control. In addition, the CI 8-150 DSP's UI offers insight into temperature and power status, as well as basic troubleshooting functions like power cycling, factory resetting and updating.
Global Analog Inputs & Outputs: The NAD CI 8-150 DSP is equipped with two sets of Global inputs and outputs. Each Global input can be selected to output an audio signal through all 8-channels of the amplifier. The Global outputs will "loop through" the same audio signal from the corresponding Global input to another amplifier. Each Global analog input & output consists of stereo RCA jacks.
Analog Line Inputs: The CI 8-150 DSP is also outfitted with eight analog stereo RCA Line inputs that can be assigned to a specific or multiple speaker output channels.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: In addition to analog inputs, the NAD CI 8-150 DSP provides two optical (toslink) digital inputs and two coaxial (RCA) digital inputs that support 2ch PCM audio. The optical & coaxial digital inputs do no support multichannel audio formats such as Dolby Digital and DTS.
Phoenix Speaker Terminals: The CI 8-150 DSP power amp is equipped with Phoenix-style speaker connection blocks that make installation a snap, and wiring further simplified.
IP Control: The CI 8-150 DSP features an Ethernet (RJ45) jack and can be accessed, configured, plus managed via a web-based user interface (UI) on your Windows PC, Mac computer, smartphone or tablet. The user interface consists of 4 main menu options - Identification, Input/Output, DSP, and Settings.
- Gain Adjustment & Offset: Gain Adjustment allows all input sources to play back at the same level so you don’t need to adjust the level every time a new input source is selected. The ability to level out the input sources will also eliminate any jolting transitions when switching between input sources. It is generally preferable to reduce the level of the loudest input source rather than making louder the softer input sources. Gain Offset allows output channel levels to be adjusted independently
- Input/Output Assignment + Sum (Mono): Each Output channel can be assigned any of the Input channels. Assign a particular Output channel with a source Input by selecting preferred line input number from the UI's drop down tab. Two adjacent line input sources are summed up to provide a mono signal output. Set SUM (Mono) to "On" to combine two adjacent line input sources or "Off" to maintain stereo input sources.
- DSP: The DSP allows you to adjust, set and save Master Gain, Slope, Frequency and Q settings as desired. Adjusting the Master Gain level will be effective simultaneously to all output channels. Slope refers to how abruptly frequencies are attenuated by the filter once the cutoff frequency is passed. Available selectable filter (roll off ) slope values are -6dB, -12dB, -18dB and -24dB per octave. You can also adjust the dB level (+-/12dB) of specific frequencies between 20Hz to 20kHz. The "Q" setting refers to the depth the bandwidth can be adjust from 0.1 to 24.
IR In/Out: Use the supplied IR In/Out terminal block to connect an external IR (infrared) repeater system (such as Xantech, sold separately) for wireless control functionality. .
12V Trigger In: With the 12V trigger input of the CI 8-150 DSP connected to the DC output jack of a compatible auxiliary component, the NAD CI 8-150 DSP can be switched remotely from standby mode to operating mode and vice-versa.
Protection Circuitry: The NAD CI 8-150 DSP has multi-levels of protection circuitry to prevent damage to your unit, external devices and speakers.
- Amplifier Protection: The unit will go into protect mode if short circuit of external load occurs. "Over Current" will be displayed beside "Amplifier Protection" and a corresponding Line Input LED indicator of protected channel(s) will illuminate red.
- DC Protection: The nit will go to into protect mode if failure in amplifier module-related components occurs. "DC Error”"will be displayed beside "DC Protection" and corresponding Line Input LED indicator of protected channel(s) will illuminate red.
- Temperature Protection: There are two fans installed in the CI 8-150 DSP; one in the left side and the other on the right side. Each fan starts to circulate or rotate depending upon the temperature on each channel/side (Left and right channel temperature readings are not displayed). The unit will go into "Temperature Protect" if internal temperature exceeds 158 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mounting Options: The NAD CI 8-150 DSP can simply be placed on a shelf, tabletop, or other flat surface with adequate ventilation. The 8-channel power amplifier can also be rack-mounted in a 2U space using the included brackets and hardware.
2 questions already asked