About the NAD VISO 1 Wireless Digital Music System
What happens when NAD, creator of high-performance home theater and hi-fi components turns their attention to the iPod dock? The VISO 1, that's what. The system is a composition of curved, flowing lines and surfaces, giving the VISO 1 a beautifully organic look while enhancing the acoustic performance of the speakers.
Inside the VISO 1 is an array of sophisticated electronic circuitry. The system bypasses the DAC (digital-to-analog converter) in your Apple device to bring the digital music files into the VISO 1 for decoding by its own advanced DAC. Each of the two high-performance full-range speakers has its own amp, ensuring accurate, robust sound quality. And the two speakers are housed separately, to prevent acoustic cross-interference, keeping the sound clean and clear.
VISO was co-designed with NAD's sister company PSB, known for their high-performance speakers. Their expertise went into the VISO 1's carefully constructed woofer. It handles the low frequencies, delivering clean, full bass. A special circuit compensates for clipping, so even at maximum volume there's no harsh distortion with your music. You'll enjoy a spacious soundfield that has real presence.
The key to the VISO 1's exceptional wireless sound quality is Bluetooth aptX, a technology that retains virtually all the detail of the audio it carries. But don't worry if you don't have the latest and greatest device the VISO 1 is also backwards-compatible with earlier forms of Bluetooth. So you can wirelessly stream your music from almost any portable device and still enjoy great sound.
High-quality video, too
Enjoy video and photos stored on your iPod or iPhone on "the big screen." The VISO 1 has component video output to deliver the highest quality images from your docked player to your TV. The dock rotates, so you can orient your player horizontally or vertically.
- compatible with docking iPods and iPhones
- compatible with Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, tablets, computers, and PDAs
- bi-amplified speakers for greater accuracy
- 2 x 2-3/4" full-range drivers
- 5-3/4" subwoofer
- frequency response: 33Hz-28kHz
- 15 watts x 2 plus 50 watts for subwoofer
- Bluetooth aptX for greater sonic detail in wirelessly streamed audio
- component video output
- USB port for software upgrades
- optical digital input
- remote control
- 18-15/16"W x 10-1/4"H x 11-13/16"D
- weight: 12.3 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # Viso 1 Black
What's in the box:
- Wireless iPod speaker dock
- Two 6.5' AC power cords (NA/EU)
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V lithium battery
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
Customer reviews for NAD VISO 1 Wireless Digital Music System
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NAD VISO 1 Wireless Digital Music System
Overview: The NAD VISO 1 is a digital music system for your Apple iPod or iPhone, & Bluetooth enabled device. The VISO 1 digital music system combines the engineering expertise of two iconic Hi-Fi companies - NAD Electronics & PSB Speakers. The NAD VISO 1 provides smooth, accurate, & clear sound with an airy, 3-dimensional soundstage.
NAD Direct Digital Amplifier: At the heart of the VISO 1 is NAD's proprietary Direct Digital amplifier technology. NAD's Direct Digital amplifier technology eliminates all analog circuitry & offers very high efficiency & low power consumption.
Bi-Amplification: Each loudspeaker in the NAD VISO 1 is directly coupled to its own amplifier channel (50W sub, 15W right speaker, 15W left speaker), eliminating power-robbing passive crossover components. Since the exact load condition for each amplifier channel is known, power output can be optimized to make the most efficient use of the overall power available. The system's total amplifier power output is 80 Watts (50 watts to sub & 15 watts to each speaker).
PSB Speakers: NAD teamed up with its award-winning sister company, PSB Speakers, to make the NAD VISO 1 the ultimate compact music system for your iPod/iPhone or Bluetooth enabled device; with a pair of advanced full-range drivers & a single high power-handling woofer.
- Two Full-Range Drivers: The full-range drivers utilize a focused neodymium magnet system & a 1" voice coil with fiberglass former to give it both high sensitivity & high power handling. There is a unique black anodized aluminum dome/cone assembly attached to the motor, which is terminated with a soft rubber surround. The total diameter is 2.75" with a one-inch dome in the center. This provides enough cone area to extend response down to 180Hz, yet the dome allows excellent high frequency dispersion & extension to 28kHz. These drivers have their own separate enclosures that are optimized for a low frequency cut-off of 500Hz. This allows for ideal integration with the woofer response while lowering distortion at high playback levels.
- Single Woofer: The woofer uses a very powerful magnet & specially designed pole piece to improve sensitivity & lower distortion. A 1.25" voice coil moves the 5.75" cone on a high temperature fiberglass voice coil former. By carefully integrating the driver, enclosure, & amplifier, a highly effective sixth order alignment is utilized to extend bass response to below 50Hz (with the -6dB point at 33Hz).
Note: The system's total frequency response is 50Hz to 20,000 Hz or 33Hz to 28,000 Hz (-6dB).
Digital Soft Clipping Circuit: The NAD VISO 1 also employ a Digital Soft Clipping circuit to prevent harsh distortion & possible speaker damage when playing at loud volume levels.
Near Field: The NAD VISO 1 includes a special feature that subtly reduces the amount of high frequency power to optimize performance for "near field" listening. You may prefer this setting if you listen at a very close distance or have a very small room.
Bluetooth aptX: The NAD VISO 1 uses a new version of Bluetooth called aptX, which is a "Hi-Fi" version offering the same performance as a wired connection. The built-in Bluetooth aptX wireless high-fidelity reception allows many Bluetooth enabled device to seamlessly integrate with the NAD VISO 1. This allows wireless integration of your iPod touch, iPhone, & iPad; as well as Android & Windows-based smartphones or tablets.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the VISO 1.
iPod/iPhone Dock: The NAD VISO 1 features a 30-pin Apple connector which allows you to dock your iPod or iPhone for audio/video playback, remote control, & battery charging. The system's docking cradle can rotate 90°, allowing for 'portrait' or 'landscape' orientation of your iPod or iPhone. The NAD VISO 1 plays the music stored on your iPod or iPhone in its native digital form, completely bypassing the limiting audio circuits of the iPod/iPhone. As a result, your iPod/iPhone's audio is optimized by the NAD VISO 1's Direct Digital technology for pure sonic performance.
Component Video Output: The system's rear-panel Component Video Output sends iPod/iPhone video to your connected HDTV while playing the sound track. The Component Video Output supports 480p & 576p resolution.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The VISO 1 is compatible with the following iPods, iPhones, & iPads (as of 6/5/2013).
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Connection Type||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Bluetooth||Dock Connector||Audio||Video Output||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track #|
- *Requires Apple's Lightning to 30-pin cable (sold separately) in order to dock with this system. Does not work with Apple's Lightning to 30-pin adapter; will not fit in dock.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Remote Control: The supplied IR remote control provides wireless operation of your docked iPod/iPhone or Bluetooth connected device. The remote offers basic playback controls; such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, & Skip Previous/Next. The remote also provides Source, Volume Up/Down, & Mute controls. The remote is powered by a single CR2025 3V lithium "coin-type" battery.
Optical Digital Input: The NAD VISO 1's rear-panel optical digital input accepts up to 24/96k music from external devices; such as televisions, disc players, & media streamers.
USB Port (software upgrades only): The NAD VISO 1 is fitted with a rear-panel mini-USB (type-B) port for software upgrades only.
Power Requirements: The NAD VISO 1 operates off of standard household current using the supplied 6.5' AC power cord. There are two detachable power cords supplied (one for North America & the other for Europe). 100-240V~50/60Hz, 35W
6 questions already asked