About the Ultralink UCube
They're small, they're portable and they rock. The Ultralink UCube computer speakers are a simple and elegant way to make any workspace come alive with music.
USB powered straight from your computer
Who needs another power cable snaking down behind his or her desk? The UCubes are powered through a USB cable going into your computer. A high-quality audio cable connects the speakers. These two cables make the entire setup. Imagine opening up your laptop in a hotel room and connecting the UCubes in a matter of seconds. Instant sound system!
Small speakers, big sound
Each UCube speaker is a compact 3-1/4" cube. But you'd never know it from the sound. The system receives a direct digital signal from your computer that it processes with its own ultra-efficient processor. This provides more detail in your music than most PCs can deliver with their built-in speakers.
The UCube speakers deliver an amazing near-field listening experience. They encompass your work area in a spacious 170° soundfield. And with 30 watts of total system power, you can be sure your music will have plenty of impact at higher volume levels. The high-quality drivers reproduce the full range of your music with clarity.
Pads on the bottom of the UCubes ensure they won't slide around on your desk (or scratch it either). Attachable brushed aluminum stands hold the speakers at an optimal angle for desktop listening. These stands also have protective furniture pads.
From the review The Ultralink UCube Portable Speakers: USB Stylin'
"I liked the Ultralink UCube speakers very much. Their thoughtful design made them an appealing travel companion. And they also worked great in my home office. If you're used to listening to your music through your computer's built-in speakers or worse yet some cheap unpowered speakers, do yourself a favor and invest in the UCubes. "
Ralph, Crutchfield Blog Editor and A/V Writer
- stereo speakers for computers and laptops
- built-in digital-to-analog converter
- 15 watts X 2
- balanced, full-range drivers create a soundfield of up to 170°
- USB input (cable included)
- bypasses your computer's sound card for better performance
- provides power for the speaker system
- high-quality audio cable connects the speakers (included)
- detachable brushed aluminum stands
- 3-1/4"W x 3-1/4"H (6"H with stand) x 3-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # UCEBE-DB
What's in the box:
- 1 Powered UCube speaker (left)
- 1 Passive UCube speaker (right)
- 2 UCube desktop stands
- 37" USB cable (USB type-A connector on one end and a miniUSB type-B connector on other)
- 37" Audio cable (single male RCA plug on each end/ routed between the two speakers)
- 20 Rubber feet (4 already installed on each stand)
- Quick start user guide
Customer reviews for Ultralink UCube
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Ultralink UCube
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||---|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||---|
|Midrange Type||Balanced Mode Radiator|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||---|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||15 x 2|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||30 x 2|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||N/A|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||N/A|
|Control by app||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
DSP: Although a computer's USB port is limited to 5 volts output, the power supply is DSP controlled and the class-D amplifier can store energy during quiet passages, allowing it to reach 15 watts RMS equivalent power output for clean, dynamic sound. The audio signal is also equalized using the DSP to match the UCube's special BMR driver and enclosure.
BMR Drivers: Designed to envelope you in sound, the BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) is a full-range, flat-diaphragm driver that delivers off-axis response of up to 170 degrees.
Computer Requirements: UCube speakers require 500mA minimum from the USB port, making them compatible with any computer's primary USB port(s). The built-in soundcard is compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7, and Mac OSX. If connected using a USB hub, the hub must pass the 500mA minimum current.
Left Cube (powered):
- USB input: mini USB type B; power and signal supplied by computer
- Speaker output: single RCA output jack for right speaker
Right Cube (passive):
- Speaker input: single RCA input jack, signal routed from left speaker
On the stand:
- Width: 3.375"
- Height: 6.0"
- Depth: 4.75"
- Width: 3.375"
- Height: 3.375"
- Depth: 3.5" (4.625" including cable)