About the Grado PS500
Extraordinary sound and value
Extraordinary sound and value
If you've had your eye on Grado's world-class PS1000s, but just couldn't come up with the price of admission, you're in luck. Grado's PS500 Professional Series headphones give you a heaping helping of that world-famous sound quality for just a fraction of the PS1000's cost. The PS500s deliver the same jaw-dropping dynamics and detail as their big brother, only on a slightly smaller scale, and with a more compact form factor.
A perfect blend of technology and nature
Each set of PS500 headphones is hand-crafted by Grado Labs in Brooklyn, New York. Its outer earcup housings are made of metal alloy, then fitted with an inner sleeve of specially cured mahogany wood. This combination of proprietary materials creates an air chamber that resists unwanted vibration, to ensure your sound remains unaffected by coloration and distortion. Like all Grado headphones, the PS500 uses a vented "open-air" earcup design with large, non-resonant air chambers for powerful, extended bass response and more open, spacious sound. The headphone's wide frequency range ensures you'll hear all of your music. Another nice touch is the genuine leather headband, which you can adjust for a custom fit.
These impressive 'phones work with the headphone outputs on most home audio systems, but to really hear them in all their glory we strongly recommend a headphone amplifier.
- open-back, on-the-ear design with replaceable ear cushions
- vented diaphragms (open-air) for spacious, low-distortion sound and extended bass response
- metal alloy/mahogany hybrid enclosures and air chambers prevent "ringing" that can adversely affect performance
- special "de-stressed" diaphragms and an eight-conductor connecting cable enhance detail and provide a more open sound
- adjustable leather headband for a custom fit
- driver pairs matched to within 0.05 dB for better stereo imaging
- ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper (UHPLC) voice coil wire
- 67" ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper headphone cable terminated with a 1/4" plug (optional Grado 1/8" miniplug adapter available)
- optional 15-foot Grado headphone extension cable available
- frequency response: 14-29,000 Hz
- sound pressure level (at 1mW): 98 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 11.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year (does not include earpads)
- MFR # PS500
What's in the box:
- On-ear headphones
- Headphone information/ Warranty information
Customer reviews for Grado PS500
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Grado PS500
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.125" x 3.125"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||14-29k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year, earpads not incl|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year, earpads not incl|
Vented diaphragm: Grado headphones have a vented diaphragm design for a large, airy, three-dimensional sound.
Drivers: The diaphragm is made of a low mass polymer, developed with the suspension's compliance in mind, to achieve the desired low frequency response. The diaphragm's total mass is designed to provide a full 20 kHz bandwidth, while avoiding break-up at lower frequencies. High power neodymium magnets maximize efficiency and minimize weight. The left and right drivers are matched to within 0.05 dB for exact imaging.
Voice Coil: The PS500's voice-coils are wound from ultra-high purity, long crystal (UHPLC) oxygen free copper. This high conductivity copper yields a clear transmission and minimizes coloration, resulting in smooth, clean and dynamic sound output.
Connecting Cord: Grado also uses UHPLC copper in the cable. The new 8-conductor cable design improves the control and stability in the upper and lower frequency ranges.