About the iDatalink HRN-HRR-NI1
iDatalink meets Nissan
iDatalink's iDatalink HRN-HRR-NI1 installation harness simplifies the installation of the Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Nissan vehicles when replacing your factory radio.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your factory radio's wiring plugs, and the serial port on your new car stereo. This harness features an in-line head-unit connector harness, which will plug into their new "Head-unit direct" harnesses for select radio brands. If you're installing a radio that doesn't work with a "Head-unit direct" harness, you simply cut off the plug and connect the wires to the harness included with your new radio.
Retain factory features
The HRN-HRR-NI1 harness and interface module retains the following features with any aftermarket radio:
- steering wheel controls
- use of the factory amplifier, including balance and fade control
- rear-view camera, depending upon aftermarket radio inputs
The harness also supplies the outputs (parking brake, reverse, and VSS [Vehicle Speed Sense]) necessary for installation of a navigation receiver, plus illumination and accessory power outputs.
Extra features with an iDatalink-ready car stereo
If you're buying a compatible iDatalink-ready car stereo, you'll also retain your backup camera's parking lines (requires composite video rearview camera input), as well as the front, side, and 360 camera (requires second composite video camera input). You'll also be able to display gauges and vehicle info on your receiver's screen, plus read and reset engine codes.
- allows installation of a new receiver with iDatalink port in select Nissan vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls and factory amp
- retains rear-view camera, depending upon aftermarket radio inputs (iDatalink-ready car stereos also retain front, side, and 360 cameras)
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen with select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, and Pioneer receivers
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # HRN-HRR-NI1
What's in the box:
- Vehicle/interface harness
- "A" harness
- "B" harness
- "C" harness
- "D" harness
- Front preout harness
- Rear preout harness
- OBDII connector harness
Customer reviews for iDatalink HRN-HRR-NI1
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iDatalink HRN-HRR-NI1
Nissan Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-HRR-NI1 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Nissan vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer; or other aftermarket headunit.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Nissan vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Head Unit Connection: The HRN-HRR-NI1 supports iDatalink's Direct T-Harnesses (sold separately) for direct connection to select iDatalink Serial Port compatible head units (including Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer radios) - replacing the wiring harness that comes with your aftermarket stereo (some hardwiring may still be required). If connecting to an aftermarket head unit that does not support an iDatalink Direct T-Harness, you'll need to cut off and remove the 20-pin black connector from the HRN-HRR-NI1 harness and splice each wire directly to the aftermarket radio's corresponding wire.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-HRR-NI1 installation harness.
- Factory Amplifier: Retains factory amplifier with balance and fade control.
- Steering Wheel Controls: Factory steering wheel controls are retained with two function buttons and expandable radio functions.
- Advanced Camera Features: Factory backup camera is retained with dynamic parking guideline, as well as the factory Lane Assist and 360 cameras. If you add an aftermarket front and/or side cameras (sold separately) to your aftermarket head unit that is equipped with multiple camera inputs, the vehicle's factory auto camera switching feature is also retained.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-HRR-NI1 installation harness.
- Vehicle Info: Tire Pressure Display, Battery Voltage Display, Read/Reset Engine Codes, and Door Open Status with Warning.
- Gauges: Selectable Performance Gauges.
Outputs: The HRN-HRR-NI1 provides Navigation, Accessory Power, and Illumination Outputs to make installation simpler.
- Navigation: Parking Brake, Reverse Light, and VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense).
- Accessory Power Output: 12V/15A Accessory Power Output
- Illumination Output: Illumination Output
1 question already asked