About the iDatalink KIT-MFT1
Install a new radio in your Ford
Install a new radio in your Ford
Your 2011-21 Ford is a great vehicle, but its dashboard makes it difficult to upgrade the factory radio. The iDatalink KIT-MFT1 factory system adapter (along with the Maestro ADS-MRR module, sold separately) gives you everything you need to install an iDatalink-ready double-DIN (4" tall) car stereo and wire it up to your Ford vehicle with its "My Ford Touch" radio. This package retains your amplifier and backup camera (if equipped), along with your steering wheel audio controls.
iDatalink to the rescue
The package includes a replacement media hub which provides 2 USB ports — one USB-A and one USB-C. You'll also retain the fader control and full functionality of your factory amplifier, as well as your rear-seat entertainment system (if present). You can set up gauges on your new car stereo's touchscreen to check engine performance and other vehicle data, such as tire pressure, battery voltage, and "door ajar" warnings, and you'll even be able to check the engine codes when a warning light comes on. The module also allows you to access the vehicle's factory settings to control customization options for lighting, door locks, and other features.
- allows you to install an iDatalink-compatible, double-DIN radio in select MyFord Touch-equipped Ford vehicles
- also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module
- includes dash kit, wiring harness, and other wiring
- includes replacement media hub with one USB-A and one USB-C port
- retains Ford steering wheel audio controls, backup camera, and factory amp
- works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- retains control of factory customization options for lighting, door locks, and other features
- factory amp fader control and DSP
- retains rear-seat entertainment system
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # KIT-MFT1
What's in the box:
- Radio trim-panel
- 4 Brackets
- Wiring harness
- Front preout harness
- Speaker harness
- 4-pin to 3-pin harness
- Blue/yellow wire harness
- Mic harness
- 5' USB-C cable
- 5' USB-A cable
- USB trim-panel
- 2 USB housings
- 2 USB brackets
- Antenna adapter
- 4 Counter-sunk machine screws
- 4 Pan-head machine screws
- 8 Pan-head cours-thread screws
- Quick Start Guide
Customer reviews for iDatalink KIT-MFT1
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iDatalink KIT-MFT1
MyFord Touch OEM Integration Dash Kit & Vehicle Harness: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-MFT1 consists of a dash kit, vehicle harness, and adapters designed specifically for select 2011-up Ford Edge, Expedition, Explorer, F-Series, Flex, Fusion, Mustang, Taurus model vehicles equipped with Ford's MyFord Touch factory radio. In combination with the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately), the KIT-MFT1 lets you replace your compatible Ford vehicle's MyFord Touch radio with an aftermarket Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer receiver equipped with the iDatalink Serial Port.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible 2011-up Ford vehicles with the MyFord Touch radio.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible aftermarket radios with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-MFT1 requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately) and the download of a vehicle specific firmware from iDatalink's Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac).
Head Unit Connection: The KIT-MFT1 supports iDatalink's Direct T-Harnesses (sold separately) for direct connection to select iDatalink Serial Port compatible head units (including Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer radios) - replacing the wiring harness that comes with your aftermarket stereo (some hardwiring may still be required). If connecting to an aftermarket head unit that does not support an iDatalink Direct T-Harness, you'll need to cut off and remove the 20-pin black connector from the KIT-MFT1's harness and splice each wire directly to the aftermarket radio's corresponding wire.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Dash Kit: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-MFT1 includes a black ABS trim-panel and four sturdy metal brackets to mount a compatible double-DIN Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer receiver equipped with the iDatalink Serial Port.
Retained Factory Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and the KIT-MFT1 installation package.
- Factory Amplifier: Retains premiun Sony factory amplifier with turn-on. However, fader control will be lost.
- Climate Display & Control: The factory climate display and control can be accessed from the touchscreen of your compatible iDatalink aftemarket head unit.
- Vehicle Settings: Access and modify factory vehicle settings through the compatible aftermarket head unit's touchscreen.
- Secondary Vehicle Display: Secondary vehicle display is retained (if factory equipped) with audio information, hands-free information, and internal navigation.
- Steering Wheel Controls: Factory steering wheel controls are retained with two function buttons and expandable radio functions.
- Advanced Camera Features: Factory backup camera is retained with parking guidelines, as well the factory 360 camera. If you add an aftermarket front and/or side cameras (sold separately) to your idatalink compatible head unit that is equipped with multiple camera inputs, the vehicle's factory auto camera switching feature is also retained.
- Warning Chimes: Factory warning chimes are retained through the use of the KITMFT1 installation kit.
USB Module: The KIT-MFT1 comes with a media module that consists of two USB ports; one USB-A port and one USB-C port. The USB module replaces the factory media module and installs in the dash to provide easy access to your compatible iDatalink receiver's rear-panel USB-A and/or USB-C port. The media module features one 6' USB-A extension cable and one 6' USB-C extension cable that will plug into the corresponding port on the back of your iDatalink compatible receiver.
Note: As long as your new aftermarekt receiver has a high-amperage charging port (1.5A or greater), the USB module should support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto operation. However, the number of variables involved means we can't guarantee compatibility.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and KIT-MFT1 installation kit.
- Vehicle Info: Tire Pressure Display, Battery Voltage Display, Read/Reset Engine Codes, and Door Open Status with Warning.
- Gauges: Selectable Performance Gauges, "Track Pack" Gauges, and Read/Reset Check Engine Codes.
Outputs: The KIT-MFT1 provides Navigation, Accessory Power, and Illumination Outputs to make installation simpler.
- Navigation: Parking Brake, Reverse Light, and VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense).
- Accessory Power Output: 12V/15A Accessory Power Output
- Illumination Output: Illumination Output
17 questions already asked