About the Google Wifi Three Pack
Create a strong, fast mesh Wi-Fi network
Create a strong, fast mesh Wi-Fi network
In a large home or business environment, a single router may not be enough. The Google Nest Wifi Three Pack includes three Wifi Point modules that work together to provide strong, fast wireless coverage for up to 4,500 square feet. If you find some dead spots, or move to a bigger place, you can add more modules so your network grows with you. Each Wifi Point contains a speedy quad-core processor that keeps network traffic moving quickly, and lets you stream 4K video without buffering.
Special features optimize speed
Google Nest Wifi works hard and smart. MU-MIMO (multiple user-multiple input, multiple output) technology lets the router communicate with multiple devices simultaneously, which is crucial in a modern home with multiple connected devices. Beamforming directs Wi-Fi where it's needed most, and proactive band steering automatically directs your connected devices to channels with the best performance.
Convenient app-based control
The free Google Home app helps you set up and control your mesh network from a mobile device. It's loaded with convenient network management features, including:
- Device Priority lets you give more bandwidth to devices that need the most speed — work and school computers during the day, 4K TV at night, etc.
- internet speed test lets you quickly check broadband speeds from your service provider to make sure you're getting what you pay for
- password-protected guest network — perfect for when family's in town
- parental controls let you manage access and block explicit content
The network is protected by advanced security protocols, so your information stays safe.
- three Wifi Point modules create a seamless mesh network
- covers up to 4,500 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi
- simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi
- each Wifi Point module includes:
- speedy quad-core processor
- 512 MB RAM
- dual auto-sensing Gigabit Ethernet ports for WAN and/or LAN connectivity
- Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) built-in to aid in app setup
- expandable: add more modules in a large home or business
- 6-1/2-foot Ethernet cable included
- MU-MIMO technology lets routers communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- proactive band steering directs connected devices to channels with the best performance
- beamforming directs Wi-Fi where it's needed most
- free Google Home app lets you set up, control, and troubleshoot your network from your mobile device
- prioritize devices that need the most speed
- internet speed test lets you quickly check broadband speeds from your service provider
- create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for guests
- parental controls let you manage access and block explicit content
- WPA3 security protocol keeps your data safe
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4-3/16" diameter x 2-3/4" high (each)
- weight: 12 oz. (each)
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # GA02434-US
What's in the box:
- WiFi router
- 2 WiFi points
- 3 AC power adapters (attached 5.5' cord)
- 6.5' Ethernet cable
- Let's Get Started guide
- Safety/Warranty/Regulatory Information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Customer reviews for Google Wifi Three Pack
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Google Wifi Three Pack
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 5|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Dual-Band 1.2 Gbps|
|2.4GHz band||400 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||800 Mbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||N/A|
Google WiFi: Google WiFi replaces your old router and works with your modem and ISP (Internet Service Provider) to create a mesh network and increase your home's WiFi coverage. Google WiFi works differently than a traditional router; traditional routers have limited range and when you add WiFi extenders you end up degrading your speed. Google WiFi works together with multiple access points, creating a "mesh network" to cover your home with a reliably strong, fast WiFi signal
Note: Google WiFi is a mesh router; you'll still need service from your IaSP, as well as a modem. Google WiFi cannot be used as an extender for your current router. Google WiFi will replace your router with one or more Google WiFi points.
Mesh WiFi Network: Google WiFi creates a Mesh WiFi Network throughout your home. A mesh network is a group of routers that communicate wirelessly to each other to create a single WiFi network that provides a blanket of connectivity. This allows you to have multiple sources of powerful WiFi throughout your home, instead of just a single router. Since WiFi is broadcasted from each WiFi point (and not just a single router), Google WiFi is a connected system that provides better coverage over a wider space. The system is flexible and scalable, so if you have a larger home, connect as many points as needed to get better WiFi in every room. The WiFi points connect wirelessly, so you don't need to run Ethernet cables throughout your house making installation a lot simpler and faster.
- The Google WiFi Single Pack (GA02430) covers up to 1,500 square feet.
- The Google WiFi 3 Pack (GA02434) covers up to 4,500 square feet.
- These coverage estimates are for homes with timber frames. Homes made of other materials may see different WiFi coverage.
- Google WiFi router and points works best when they can see each other with a clear line of sight. Barriers like heavy furniture and walls made of thick concrete or brick can influence WiFi performance. With additional Wifi points, it'll be easier to strategically place them in a way that avoids obstructions.
- Crowded WiFi areas like apartment buildings can result in crowded WiFi channels and reduced WiFi performance. In these environments, the closer you are to a WiFi point, the better your WiFi performance will be.
WiFi Technologies: The Google WiFi Router incorporates advanced WiFi technologies like Dual-Band, 802.11ac, and MU-MIMO.
- Dual-Band 2.4/5GHZ: Simultaneous dual band WiFi provides two separate WiFi networks; 2.4GHz for legacy devices and 5GHz which is less interference-prone for media streaming. The Google WiFi Router offers reliable and fast wireless networking speeds up to 1200Mbps.
- 802.11ac: 802.11ac WiFi delivers exceptional speed and performance, and is 3x faster than Wireless-N. Google WiFi supports the following WiFi standards - 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac
- MU-MIMO: MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) is the latest advancement towards uninterrupted, simultaneous WiFi connections. Devices such as 4K TVs, HD streaming media players, tablets, game consoles, and many more use a lot of bandwidth, and with MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology, the Google WiFi Router sends WiFi to multiple devices at the same time and same speed. Your whole family can play, stream, and work at once, without experiencing lag or buffering--at up to 2x the speed of a non-MU-MIMO router.
Ethernet Jacks: The Google WiFi has two Ethernet (RJ-45) jacks - 1 WAN and 1 LAN. The primary Google WiFi router needs to be connected to your modem and ISP via its WAN Ethernet jack and Ethernet cable. Additional Google WiFi points do not require a hardwired Ethernet connection and can be linked via WiFi (although they can be connected to each other via Ethernet, if you prefer a hardwired connection). A network device that requires a hardwired connection can also be connected to the Google WiFi's LAN Ethernet jack.
Google Home App: The Google Home App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) lets you set up and control the Google WiFi Router right from your compatible smartphone or tablet. It puts you in control of your network by allowing you to easily share your WiFi password, see what devices are online, prioritize devices for better performance, or pause WiFi on kids' devices. The app also provides insights to help you get the most out of your Google WiFi Mesh network.
Google Assistant Compatible: The Google WiFi Router is also compatible with Google Home & Google Nest smart speakers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) that feature built-in Google Assistant with voice control. Utilizing Google Assistant and voice commands, you can manage, check on, and configure your Google WiFi mesh network.
Note: The Google WiFi Router does not features a built-in microphone or speaker with Google Assistant. You will need an additional Google Home or Google Nest smart speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) with built-in Google Assistant to utilize voice control.
Family-Friendly Controls: Through the Google WiFi app, you can schedule a regular WiFi pause on your kids' devices, like at bedtime or dinnertime. Plus, you'll have the ability to block access to millions of explicit websites.
Cloud-Based Security: Industry-leading hardware and cloud-based security that automatically updates itself means you're always protected. Google WiFi has several built-in security measures to protect you online.
- Firewall: Google WiFi's firewall creates a barrier between your WiFi network and the Internet, protecting your data from unsolicited connections or connection attempts. It's a stateful firewall, which keeps track of connections (TCP streams, UDP communication) traveling across it. Only data associated with a known active connection is allowed through the firewall.
- WPA2/WPA3: Google WiFi secures your WiFi network with either WPA2 protocol or the newer WPA3 protocol. Using WPA3 protocol makes your WiFi network highly resistant to security risks like offline dictionary attacks. By default, Google WiFi uses the WPA2 protocol to maximize compatibility with legacy connected devices (such as phones, tablets, or laptops). However, you can turn on WPA3 transition mode in the Google Home App.
- Automatic Updates: Google WiFi receives automatic software updates to make sure you always have the latest security. These updates include open source components and go through several rigorous reviews.
- TLS: All communication between Google WiFi and Google is secured by Transport Layer Security (TLS). This is a protocol that ensures privacy between a device and a server, making sure no one else sees or tampers with the message.
Mounting Placement, & Installation: The Google WiFi router needs to be connected to your modem with broadband internet connection via Ethernet and to a nearby electrical outlet using the included AC power adapter. Additional Google WiFi points can be connected via WiFi, but still will require a nearby electrical outlet using the included AC power adapter. As a general rule, WiFi points work best when they're no more than two rooms away from each other. Setup and configuration will be done through the Google WiFi app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device. If possible, place the Google WiFi in plain view like on a shelf or TV stand; it also helps to choose a central location at eye level.
System Requirements: Here is what you'll need to use Google WiFi -
- Google WiFi Router with Google Account
- Google WiFi add-on point(s) to create a mesh network
- Google HomeApp (for Apple iOS 12.0+ or Android 6.0+) and compatible mobile device
- Modem and ISP (Internet Service Provider) with broadband internet connection
- Ethernet cable for Google WiFi Router
- AC Power
AC Power: The Google WiFi router and each Google WiFi point comes with an AC power adapter and will require a nearby electrical outlet.