About the Google Pixel Buds Pro
Google's first noise-canceling earbuds
The Google Pixel Buds Pro feature powerful voice-detecting mics for clear calls, video chats, and special Android phone features.
Google's first noise-canceling earbuds
Attention fellow Android™ users! The Google Pixel Buds Pro are the company's first true wireless earbuds with active noise-canceling circuitry. That means they can knock out external distractions while they help us tap into some of our phones' coolest features.
These earbuds offer touch control over music, calls, and much more. For example: if you need to be aware of your surroundings, you can quickly switch to "Transparency" mode. This turns off the noise cancellation and uses the built-in mics to increase the volume of external sounds.
Powerful, adaptable sound for music and podcasts
11mm drivers — larger than you'll find in most true wireless earbuds — deliver clear, full-range sound. Google's special processing and algorithms keep the sound balanced as you turn the volume up and down. The tuning stays consistent when you're listening at softer or louder levels.
Strong, stable connection with all types of phones and devices
Bluetooth® 5.0 is on board — a newer, more reliable version of Bluetooth. So these earbuds can play music and make clear calls from most newer phones, including iPhones®. Multi-point connection lets you pair two devices at the same time, so you can quickly hop back and forth from your phone to laptop.
Special features for Android phones
But what makes the Pixel Buds Pro truly noteworthy is Google's built-in technology — and how seamlessly it works with Android phones. Call up Google Assistant voice control by pressing or holding either earbud — or simply by saying "Hey Google." After a one-time setup, the Google Assistant will recognize your command. From there, you can follow it up with a request through the powerful, voice-detecting microphone array inside the Pixel Buds Pro.
(Google Assistant integration requires a device running Android 6.0 or above.)
Get directions, real-time language translations, and much more
The Google Assistant lets you control music, send text messages, and search the web with your voice. But it's also the key to other Google apps that can feed crucial information right to your ears. For example, Google Maps can give you step-by-step walking directions to and from a destination.
The sweat-proof Google Pixel Buds Pro are designed to stay in place and avoid in-ear pressure.
And Google Translate uses the earbuds' built-in mics to pick up what others are saying, and can then deliver live translations for around 40 languages. A co-worker's wife told me that her previous-generation Pixel Buds have been invaluable for this. She works at a school and they help her communicate with parents who don't primarily speak English.
Slim profile and secure, comfortable fit
Even though the Pixel Buds Pro have larger drivers than most, they are designed to sit flush in most people's ears. You likely won't see them sticking out too far, if at all. And Google includes three sizes of soft ear tips to help you find a proper fit.
The malleable tips conform to your ears, creating a nice seal. And Google used built-in sensors help keep your ears from feeling clogged. They measure the pressure in your ears and then make adjustments to relieve it.
Strong battery life
The Pixel Buds Pro offer about seven hours of music listening with noise cancellation — or up to 11 hours without it — on a full charge. That's above average for true wireless earbuds.
They also come with a compact carrying case that banks an additional 20 hours of power to recharge the Buds. Rather than plugging that case into the wall, you can simply place it in on a compatible Qi charger (not included) to refresh the charge wirelessly. An LED light will indicate the case is charging.
- Featured in our article: Best Bluetooth headphones for 2023
- built-in Bluetooth® 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- compatible with Android, iOS®, or any device running Bluetooth 4.0 and above
- multi-point connection for pairing to two devices at once
- no connecting cord between left and right earbud
- active noise cancellation uses internal circuitry and microphones on each earbud to reduces external noise
- IPX4 sweat- and splash-resistant
- "Transparency" mode lets you hear external sounds without removing earbuds
- 11mm dynamic drivers deliver clear sound for music, podcasts, and calls
- "Volume EQ" feature automatically keeps the tuning balanced according to the volume level
- three beamforming microphones with voice recognition in each earbud for calls and Google Assistant
Special functionality with Android devices:
- hands-free voice control with the Google Assistant
- use "Hey Google" to start a voice-activated command (after one-time setup)
- ask questions, dictate texts, and control music by voice
- requires an Assistant-enabled device with internet access running Android 6.0 or above
- easy, one-tap pairing with Google Pixel phones
- use Google's "find my device" feature to track down lost earbuds
- works with compatible Android phones connected via Fast Pair with location history enabled
- Google translate offers real-time translation for over 35 languages
- includes 3 sizes of soft silicone ear tips for a secure, comfortable fit
- built-in sensors help monitor and adjust in-ear pressure
- control music, volume, noise cancellation, and phone calls by tapping and swiping either earbud
- sensors automatically stop music in either earbud when removed
- earbuds can be used one at a time or as a pair
- built-in rechargeable batteries offer up to 7 hours of listening with noise cancellation (11 hours without)
- 31 hours total maximum battery life including the charging case
- wireless charging available with compatible Qi chargers (not included)
- weight: 0.44 ounces (both)
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # GGL-GA03204-US
What's in the box:
- Left and right wireless earbuds (Lemongrass)
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- Charging case
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety / Warranty / and Regulatory Guide
Customer reviews for Google Pixel Buds Pro
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Google Pixel Buds Pro
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height||0.87" x 0.81"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: Google's Pixel Buds Pro true-wireless earphones deliver brilliant sound and clear calls without wires. With Bluetooth 5.0, you can pair the ear buds with any BT 4.0+ Android and iOS phone or tablet, as well as Bluetooth-enabled laptops. These IPX4-rated earbuds are sweat- and water-resistant, so you can wear them in any weather, or while you work out. The charging case is also IPX2 rated. The Pixel Buds Pro come in four colors, with three pairs of ear tips, and a Qi-certified wireless charging case.
Bluetooth 5.0: The Google Pixel Buds Pro has Bluetooth 5.0 for a reliable wireless connection to your mobile devices. Multipoint connectivity lets you pair the ear buds to two audio sources at the same time. The Audio Switching feature lets you seamlessly switch between the two paired audio sources. You can choose which source you want to listen to, based on your priority setting, using the Google Pixel Buds app or the Google Assistant.
Design: The Pixel Buds Pro are designed for fit, comfort, and convenience. Thousands of ears were scanned to come up with a comfortable, yet secure, fit. Custom-designed 11mm dynamic drivers deliver clear, high quality audio. The Pixel Buds Pro have three beamforming microphones and a voice-detecting accelerometer to assure your voice is clear on your phone calls. The microphones are covered with mesh to block the wind from causing noise in the ear buds. Three pairs of ear tips (S, M, L) are included to help you find the best fit.
Active Noise Cancellation/Transparency: The Pixel Buds Pro use Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) with Silent Seal™ to block outside noise, so you can hear only your music or phone call. Microphones pick up the ambient noise, and the ANC circuitry applies an out-of-phase signal to cancel the noise. With Silent Seal, the Pixel Buds Pro can adapt to the shape of your ear, and adjust ANC to compensate. The Transparency feature lets in the ambient sound so you can hear the world around you. You can toggle through the modes using a Touch and Hold gesture, control the ANC mode in the Google Pixel Buds app, or use the Google Assistant to turn on the desired mode using your voice.
IR Proximity Sensor: The Google Pixel Buds Pro feature infrared proximity sensors in each ear bud that can determine when you insert the ear buds and when you remove them. While listening to music, removing either or both ear buds will automatically pause the playback. When the ear buds are reinserted, playback resumes.
Touch Controls: Each earbud is equipped with a capacitive touch outer panel that lets you control your media, phone calls, and the Google Assistant with various gestures:
|Gesture||Media Control||Phone Control||Google Assistant|
|Double Tap||Next track||End/reject call||Stop Google Assistant|
|Swipe Forward||Raise volume||Raise volume||---|
|Swipe Backward||Lower volume||Lower Volume||---|
|Touch & Hold*||Toggle ANC and Transparency||Toggle ANC and Transparency||Activate Google Assistant|
Note: Touch & Hold gesture requires Android 6.0 and up.
Battery: Each Pixel Bud Pro has its own rechargeable battery, plus the charging case. On a full charge, the Pixel Buds Pro give you up to 11 hours of listening time with ANC off, and 7 hours with ANC on. A fully-charged Charging Case provides additional listening time, for a total of 31 hours with ANC off, and 20 hours with ANC on. A 5-minute quick charge gives the ear buds up to 1 hour of listening time (ANC on). A 15-minute quick charge delivers up to 3 hours of listening time (ANC on). The Wireless Charging Case is Qi-certified, and can be charged on a Qi Wireless Charging pad, or charged via a USB-C charging cable (not included). No charging data is provided for the Charging Case.
Google Assistant: By pressing and holding either ear bud, you can connect the Pixel Buds Pro to the Google Assistant. You can also access the Google Assistant by saying "Hey, Google," if enabled. You must have a Google Assistant-enabled Android device with the latest version of the Google app. A Google account and an internet connection are also required.
- Pixel Buds Pro: W 0.87" x H 0.81" x D 0.88", Weight 0.22 ounces each (0.44 ounces pair)
- Wireless Charging Case: W 1.97" x H 2.49" x D 0.98", Weight 1.75 ounces (2.19 ounces with ear buds)