About the Bluesound NODE
Get more from your high-performance audio system
Get more from your high-performance audio system
Bluesound NODE streaming music players have been a huge hit with Crutchfield customers, and this latest version is the best one yet. It features upgraded DAC (digital-to-analog converter) circuitry, an HDMI eARC port for connecting your TV, and improved touch-sensitive backlit controls on the top panel.
Connect the NODE's analog or digital outputs to your existing receiver or amplifier to make it part of a multi-room Bluesound wireless system. Play high-resolution music stored on your home network, internet radio stations, or your favorite music streaming service.
A wide variety of music options
The NODE can play just about any digital music you might have in your collection, including high-resolution files up to 32-bit/384kHz. Access the music stored on your computer or a networked hard drive, or tap into internet radio stations and online streaming services like Spotify®, Qobuz, or TIDAL (subscription required for some services).
You can also enjoy downloads from high-res music sites sites including Qobuz, HDtracks, and more.
Wired and wireless connectivity
The NODE uses dual-band Wi-Fi to ensure a stable connection to your router and other Bluesound components. You can also make a wired Gigabit Ethernet connection.
Built-in two-way aptX™ HD Bluetooth gives you high-quality sound with compatible devices. You can stream audio to the NODE via Bluetooth from your smartphone or tablet. And you can stream music from the NODE to compatible wireless Bluetooth high-performance headphones.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
Built-in Apple AirPlay 2 technology lets you stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Bluesound system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
You can control the NODE — and your Bluesound multi-room system — right from your smartphone. Simply download the free BluOS app from the Apple® App Store or Google Play. Plus, the NODE is compatible with both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice controllers (sold separately).
Create a high-resolution multi-room music system
The NODE can be part of a multi-room audio system. You can connect it wirelessly to Bluesound components in other rooms for high-res music throughout your home. It will also show up in your player list if you're using Roon.
- Featured in our article: Best network music players for 2023
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
- two-way Bluetooth with high-fidelity aptX HD audio coding for more musical detail
- stream to compatible Bluetooth headphones
- stream from a compatible smartphone or laptop
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant-compatible devices
- works as a Roon player (requires subscription and Roon Core running on your network)
- Roon Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS drive, or other compatible hardware
- top-mounted backlit capacitive touch controls with proximity sensor
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- multi-room expansion with Bluesound/BluOS wireless speakers and components (up to 64 zones)
- set up and customize your BluOS speakers and players
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, MQA, OPUS, ALAC, WAV, AIFF and MPEG-4 SLS files
- supports up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution
Music streaming options:
- supports Spotify, Deezer, TIDAL, Qobuz, and Amazon Music HD
- supports internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio, iHeart Radio, Calm Radio, and SiriusXM
- HDMI eARC input
- 3.5mm combination analog stereo/mini optical digital input
- Toslink optical to 3.5mm adapter included
- analog RCA stereo audio output (stereo RCA-to-RCA cable included)
- Toslink optical and coaxial digital outputs for connecting to an external DAC
- USB Type-A input for connecting a flash drive or external HDD/SSD loaded with music files
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network (cable included)
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- RCA mono subwoofer output
- 3.5mm IR trigger output
- satin matte finish
- powerful ARM® Cortex™-A53 quad-core processor
- top-mounted touch controls with presets
- detachable AC power cord
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 8-5/8"W x 1-13/16"H x 7-3/8"D
- weight: 2.45 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # N130BLKUNV
What's in the box:
- Wireless music streamer
- 6' AC power cord
- 58" Ethernet cable
- 5' Stereo RCA cable
- Optical-to-3.5mm adapter
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Information
- License Agreement
Customer reviews for Bluesound NODE
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bluesound NODE
Features & specs
|Digital Input||Optical, HDMI|
|Subwoofer Output||Mono-RCA, Opt. Wireless|
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5GHz|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||32-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||384 kHz|
|Apple AirPlay 2||Yes|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Amazon Music||Amazon Music HD|
|Apple Music||AirPlay 2|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Node (N130): The Bluesound Node (N130) wireless music streamer lets you add BluOS high-resolution multiroom audio to your existing home entertainment system, while giving you access to internet radio and select online music services, Bluetooth & USB audio, as well as your computer's music library over a WiFi network. The Node (N130) wireless music streamer employs a state-of-the-art Quad-Core 1.8ghz ARM Cortex A53 processor and a 32-bit/384khz premium DAC design to ensure that your high-resolution music playback is flawless with precision and clarity at any volume.
BluOS Wireless High-Resolution Multiroom Audio: The Bluesound Node (N130) is part of the BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio eco-system - consisting of powered speakers, soundbar speakers, amplifiers, players, and hard-drives. The BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio ecosystem uses your home's wired or wireless network to connect multiple Bluesound products and play your music in perfect sync, or different music simultaneously, anywhere in your home. Using advanced technologies, BluOS can wirelessly transmit lossless music up to 24-bit/192kHz at ultra-fast speeds with no lag and zero loss in sound quality.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: The following audio sources can be used for multiroom audio playback - internet radio (including TuneIn & iHeart Radio); online music services (including Tidal, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer, Slacker, and Napster); Bluetooth & USB audio, music libraries (from computers and NAS drives); as well as analog & digital inputs (including HDMI & Optical).
- Number of BluOS Zones: Up to 16 Bluesound devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. Demonstrated practice has shown that you can create up to 8 groups of 8 Bluesound devices or 4 groups of 16 Bluesound devices. If you want to connect more than 16 Bluesound devices, you will need to connect the Bluesound devices to your network using a wired connection. BluOS can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
Note: All generations of Bluesound and BluOS products can be used together in a wireless Hi-Res multiroom audio system.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Bluesound Node (N130) can be connected to your home network and Internet provider via a hardwired Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack connector or wireless 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac connection. The 5GHz WiFi band offers a faster and more reliable connection with fewer interruptions and dropouts. Either network/internet connection allows you to stream music libraries from your Windows or Mac computer and NAS drive (such as the Bluesound Vault 2i, sold separately); as well as stream select online music services and internet radio.
- Wired Ethernet Setup: A wired connection to the network is simple and requires no setup. If you wish to use the wired connection, simply connect the Node (N130) directly to your router or home network using an Ethernet cable (sold separately).
- Wireless WiFi Setup: A wireless connection allows you to place your BluOS Player virtually anywhere inside your home, but does require setup through the BluOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. If you are on a Windows PC (7/8/10) or Apple Mac, you'll use Bluesound's web browser based application. You'll be walked you through the set-up process step-by-step.
Note: A wireless network router will always be required for the BluOS Controller App.
High Resolution Audio: High-resolution audio tracks are either 24-bit/96kHz or 24-bit/192kHz, and contain up to 6.5x more data than standard CDs, letting you hear all the detail of your favorite music in superior quality. With full support for hi-res audio, you can stream WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, WMA-Lossless, MQA music files over your home's WiFi network or directly from a connected USB mass storage class device. The Bluesound system also supports compressed music files such as MP3, AAC, WMA and OGG. Bluesound has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 200,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). Bluesound also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.
|Compression||File Type||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate or Bit Depth|
|Lossless||WMA-Lossless||up to 96 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|FLAC||192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|Uncompressed||AIFF||up 192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
Notes: Bluesound cannot index or play AAC files with the extension ".m4p". These files were purchased in iTunes prior to 2009 and are subject to copy protection. Apple Consumers with an iTunes Match subscription can delete and re-download these files free of charge from their iTunes Cloud
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated): Bluesound is the first wireless multiroom audio system to support MQA (Master Quality Authenticated). MQA is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that captures and delivers master quality audio in a file that's small enough to stream or download. Bluesound worked closely with MQA to implement technology inside each Bluesound component to ensure the listener will hear MQA encoded music and streams exactly like the source and the way the artist intended you to hear it when it was approved in the studio.
Analog & Digital Outputs: The Bluesound Node (N130) provides analog & digital outputs to connect to your existing home entertainment system, There is an analog RCA stereo output, plus one optical (toslink) digital output and one coax (RCA) digital output to connect the player to your home's existing audio system.
Headphone Output: A 3.5mm headphone jack is located on the front of the Node (N130) for private listening with a set of headphones. The dedicated headphone driver is rated 0.0055% THD @1kHz, 35mW. It is designed for use with most headphones, with a minimum impedance of 14 ohms. The Node (N130)'s output will be muted when headphones are connected.
Wireless & Wired Sub Output: You can add up to two Bluesound Pulse+ wireless powered subwoofers (sold separately; see Accessories Tab) to the Node (N130) network player for bigger bass response. The Node (N130) also features a mono-RCA subwoofer output for adding a powered sub. You can only use one these types of sub outputs (not both). The wired and wireless subwoofer output features an adjustable low pass crossover that can be set Off or On in the BluOS Controller App.
- Subwoofer Crossover Off: The subwoofer low pass crossover is fixed at 80Hz, while the main outputs are full-range.
- Subwoofer Crossover On: The subwoofer low pass crossover is adjustable from 40 to 200Hz, while the main outputs are are high passed above the low pass crossover point setting.
12V Trigger Output: The 12V trigger output (3.5mm) can be used to control or activate other external device equipped with a corresponding 12V trigger input.
AC Power: The Bluesound Node (N130) operates off of standard household current using it's internal power supply and the supplied 6.5' detachable AC power cord.
Mounting Options: The Bluesound Node (N130) can simply rest on a table-top, shelf, stand, or other piece of furniture.
Online Music Services: Many popular music streaming services and internet radio apps are built right into BluOS, giving you an all-access pass to millions of songs and the freedom to listen to everything you want to hear. Using the BluOS Controller app, you can instantly discover and enjoy millions of songs from your existing music services, tune in to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts from around the world, or access and listen to the music collections stored on your smartphone, tablet or laptop on any and Bluesound in your home. Subscription and purchase fees will apply to online music services.
- Amazon Music: Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Prime & Unlimited Music. With the addition of Amazon Music HD, you will now be able to play Ultra HD music (24-bit/48kHz to 192kHz) on supported Bluesound devices from the BluOS App when choosing Amazon Music. An Amazon Music (Prime, Unlimited, or HD) subscription will be required
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to a free or paid Spotify subscription and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the Bluesound system using Spotify Connect. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- TIDAL Connect: The integration of Tidal Connect will enable Tidal users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Bluesound device from within the Tidal app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Qobuz: Qobuz offers the biggest catalog of Hi-Fi and Hi-Res albums in the world, both for new releases and specialized genres. For hundreds of thousands of albums, Qobuz includes all the information you need to recreate the appeal of a real CD - the names of musicians, producers, lyrics (everything you need to know to appreciate your favorite albums). Qobuz offers MP3, CD, and Hi-Res quality subscriptions.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio is accessible through the BluOS app and lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more. Subscription fees will apply.
- TuneIn: The Bluesound system includes access to more than 70,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn internet radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 70,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- iHeart Radio: iHeart Radio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- Slacker: Get the sound quality that you deserve with the new Slacker music library available in high-quality AAC audio on Bluesound. Listen to music streams at a bitrate of 320kbps and enjoy all your favorite Slacker stations in pristine MP3-quality.
- Deezer: Deezer lets you explore over 53 million tracks (and counting), and discover artists and tracks you'll love with personalized recommendations from the Deezer Editors. Bluesound even supports Deezer HiFi for lossless quality ($19.99 per month).
- Other Services: Other online music services include HighResAudio, Murfie, JUKE, KKBox, SoundMachine, and more.
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Computer Audio: The BluOS wireless multiroom audio system by Bluesound lets you easily connect and share your music collection from a computer or network-attached storage drive and access up to 200,000 tracks for wireless streaming. The BluOS wireless music system will pull music from an existing digital music library across the network on your Windows PC, Mac computer, or NAS drive using Windows or SMB File Sharing (SAMBA) and the BluOS Controller app for Windows (Vista-up) & Mac (OS X 10.15-up). However, File Sharing is not enabled by default on Windows or Mac. You will have to manually alter these settings in your computer's menu system.
AirPlay 2: With AirPlay 2, you'll be able to stream just about any sound (including music, books, podcasts and more) from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to the Bluesound system - all in sync. You can even watch movies and videos from Netlfix or YouTube on your Apple device while streaming the audio through to the Bluesound system. AirPlay 2 also gives you more options for control, including using Siri voice assistance. If you are an Apple Music subscriber and add the Node (N130) to the Apple Home App on your iPhone or iPad, you can use your iOS device or HomePod to say things like - "Hey Siri, play jazz in the Living Room" or "Hey Siri, turn up the volume in the Kitchen." You can even group AirPlay 2 compatible Bluesound products with older Bluesound products in the BluOS App to add AirPlay 2 compatibility to your entire BluOS system.
Roon Ready: Roon Ready network devices (such as Bluesound) have Roon's streaming technology built-in, and are certified by Roon Labs to provide the highest level of quality and performance in network streaming. Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play across all other Roon enabled audio devices in your home. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, DSD, and MQA) collected on hard drives and networked storage. It can also watch your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with all the Roon enabled devices around your house. Simply select the music you wish to play and the Bluesound product or other Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Bluesound product. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or turnkey appliance (like Nucleus or ROCK - sold separately), located on the network within your home.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Bluesound Node (N130) offers built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with two-way wireless communication and support for aptX HD. You'll be able to wirelessly stream high-quality audio from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to the Node (N130). You'll also be able to use the Node (N130) as a source and wirelessly stream its audio content to a set of Bluetooth headphones (sold separately).
- aptX HD: The advanced Qualcomm CSR8675 chip used in the Node (N130) supports aptX HD Bluetooth wireless audio. aptX HD is an enhanced codec that supports 24-bit audio over Bluetooth and has been engineered to improve the signal-to-noise ratio, resulting in lower background noise. With the ability to support streams up to 24bit/48kHz, you're able to wirelessly stream from an aptX HD compatible device to the Node (N130) without sacrificing sound quality and listen to "better-than-CD" quality audio.
- Two-Way Communication: The Node (N130) offers two-way Bluetooth, featuring both Receive and Transmit functionality. Receive capability allows you to wirelessly stream from your device to the Node (N130). The Transmit capability means you can also use the Node (N130) as a source and what your are listening to via Bluetooth to a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones (sold separately).
Note: The Node (N130) can be paired and connected via Bluetooth without utilizing a network connection or the BluOS Controller app.
USB Port: The Bluesound Node (N130) features a USB (type-A) port to directly connect your USB mass storage class (MSC) device; such as a thumbdrive or external HDD. USB hard disk drives that require more than 0.5A of power will require a separate power supply. The unit's USB port supports music playback from these compatible USB devices formatted in FAT 32 or NTFS. Not only can USB audio be played back on the Node (N130), but can also be wirelessly distributed to the rest of your Bluesound components throughout your home for multiroom playback.
Note: The USB port is not compatible with the direct connection of an Apple iOS or Android device.
HDMI eARC: The Bluesound Node (N130) features an HDMI eARC jack to connect the wireless music streamer to your TV's HDMI eARC or ARC input. The wireless music streamer's eARC jack only supports 2ch PCM audio (up to 24-bit/192kHz). It is not compatible with with Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multichannel audio formats. Audio from the HDMI eARC jack can be played back at the Node (N130) and wirelessly distributed to other Bluesound components in your home for multiroom playback. The HDMI eARC jack does not support video.
Optical/Analog Input: The Node (N130) is outfitted with a 3.5mm Aux input which can be used as analog or digital connection. As an analog input, simply connect a stereo minijack audio cable from your analog source to the Node (N130)'s Aux input. As a digital input, use the included 3.5mm-to-Optical adapter along with an optical digital cable (sold separately) to connect your digital source to the Node (N130)'s Aux input. As an analog or digital input, the unit's Aux input supports 2ch PCM audio (not Dolby Digital or DTS). Audio from the Optical/Analog Aux input can be played back at the Node (N130) and wirelessly distributed to other Bluesound components in your home for multiroom playback.
BluOS Controller App: The free BluOS Controller app (for Apple iOS 9.3-up, Android OS 5.0-up, Windows PC (Vista-up), and Mac OS X 10.15-up) turns your mobile device or computer into a full-featured wireless remote control for the Node (N130) and the BluOS wireless multiroom audio system. The BluOS Controller app on your compatible device uses your home's WiFi network to connect with Bluesound devices, so you can play all the music you love anywhere in your home for a wireless multiroom music experience. Get on-demand access to your music libraries on your home network, stream live Internet radio from almost any place in the world, or listen to one of the many music services available on Bluesound, all from the palm of your hand with the easy-to-use BluOS Controller app.
- Multiroom Audio: Play a different song at the same time in different rooms, or group all your BluOS enabled devices together and listen to your favorite music in perfect sync throughout your home.
- Now Playing Screen: Control your music and adjust the volume in any room, get rich album artwork and detailed artist info, right from the Now Playing screen. Even check what quality you are streaming at to ensure the best possible listening experience.
- Individual Songs & Playlists: Tap a song and have it play instantly, or create and edit playlists on the fly by simply adding songs or entire albums to the play queue. Playlists can then be saved inside the app and listened to at any time.
- Firmware Updates: Firmware and software updates from Bluesound are delivered to the Node (N130) via your home network's Internet connection and the BluOS Controller app.
Alexa & Google BluVoice Skills: Using BluVoice Skills and an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), you can use your voice to access your music libraries on your local network, select presets from online music services, control music playback functions such as Play/Pause/Skip, adjust volume levels, play music in different rooms, and even group rooms together. Each Alexa voice command will need to start with the phrase "Alexa or Google, ask BluVoice to" or "Alexa or Google, tell BluVoice to". Alexa and Google Skills for BluOS will need to be setup through the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 6.0+) or the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+ ).
- The Bluesound device does not feature a built-in microphone and requires a separate Alexa or Google Assistant device (sold separately - see Accessories tab) for voice control.
- Click here for more information regarding Alexa setup and voice commands. Click here for more information regarding Google Assistant setup and voice commands.
Top-Panel Touch Controls: The Node (N130) offers top-panel touch controls to operate basic playback functions like Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Presets (up to 5). These presets need to be first configured using the presets menu in the BluOS App. The top-panel touch controls feature a proximty sensor, so the control panel automatically lights up as your hand gets close the Node (N130).
Optional Remote Control: The Bluesound RC1 (sold separately) is an IR remote control for Bluesound Gen 2 and up speakers, streamers, and amplifiers running BluOS 3.6.2 or later. The RC1 remote gives you convenient control over your Bluesound component with simple setup. Its streamlined button layout and dedicated controls let you easily control playback without having to use the BluOS Controller app on your smartphone or tablet. Plus, with the Bluesound RC1 remote control, you can set-up and program up to 10 presets inside the BluOS Controller app and enjoy your favorite albums, playlists, and radio stations with a single touch of the remote.
IR Input: An infrared extender (sold separately) can be connected the unit's IR input (3.5mm) to allow for programmable learning remotes to control volume and source selection when the Node (N130) is stored in a way that the front-panel IR sensor is not visible.
Custom Integration: Bluesound offers seamless integration with some of today's most innovative 3rd-party smart-home control systems such as Control4, Crestron, Lutron, ELAN, RTI, and more.
The Bluesound NODE replaces these items
- communicates with other Bluesound players via your home network (wired or wireless)
- plays a wide range of digital music formats, including high-resolution music files
- ESS 9028Q2M Sabre DAC, THX AAA™ headphone amplifier, and RC1 remote control
- communicates with other Bluesound players via your home network (wired or wireless)
- plays a wide range of digital music formats, including high-resolution music files
- high-fidelity aptX® HD Bluetooth streaming for greater sonic detail with compatible devices
43 questions already asked