- custom backbox reduces unwanted vibration for select in-ceiling speakers
- compatible with MartinLogan Motion CI MC8 and MartinLogan Motion XT CI XTC8 in-ceiling speakers
- 10" speaker wire with external spring-post wire terminals
- provides up to 20dB of noise reduction
- may reduce bass response
- 9-1/4" diameter x 6-1/16" depth
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # C8BXR
What's in the box:
- One retrofit back box with attached 10" internal speaker wire
- Four 3/4" screws
- Installation sheet
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Customer reviews for MartinLogan C8BXR
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MartinLogan C8BXR
Retrofit Back Box: The C8BXR Retrofit Back Box is designed specifically for Martin Logan's MC8 & XTC8 in-ceiling loudspeakers (sold separately). The C8BXR Retrofit Back Box installs directly onto the back of the MC8/XTC8 in-ceiling speaker and secures to the loudspeaker using the included screws. The Back Box features a 10" length of speaker wire that's attached to the spring-post terminals of the enclosure. The other ends of the wire get attached to the terminals of your in-ceiling speaker. On the outside of the back box are spring-post terminals for connection to your in-wall speaker wire from your receiver or amplifier. The Martin Logan C8BXR helps protect the speaker against dust and dirt, while also providing up to 20dB of noise reduction behind the speaker, reducing the amount of bleed-through to adjacent rooms.
- The C8BXR Retrofit Back Box mounts to the Martin Logan MC8 or XTC8 in-ceiling speaker and not the ceiling. The speaker will still use its "dog-ear" style mounting clamps to secure the speaker to the ceiling. The C8BXR Retrofit Back Box is not a rough-in mounting bracket.
- The C8BXR Retrofit Back Box measures 9.238" in diameter and 6.021" in height.
Note: The Martin Logan C8BXR Retrofit Back Box may diminish bass response, due to the smaller air space provided for the speaker, and should be used when sound control and speaker protection are desired.