About the MartinLogan Motion® SLM
Clear, effortless sound from this wall-mountable or tabletop speaker
Clear, effortless sound from this wall-mountable or tabletop speaker
MartinLogan's compact Motion SLM speaker will deliver great sound no matter where you place it. This versatile speaker can be used as an on-wall left, right, or center channel speaker, or you can mount it on the included glass base for placement on your entertainment cabinet. Best of all, the Motion SLM features some of ML's best speaker technologies for a wide soundstage, pinpoint imaging, and superb realism.
The Folded Motion tweeter helps the ultra-slim Motion SLM sound like a much bigger speaker.
Folded Motion tweeter for detailed sound
MartinLogan's innovative Folded Motion tweeter uses a pleated diaphragm that works like an accordion by "squeezing" air to create sound. It requires about 90% less excursion than a typical 1" dome tweeter, resulting in quicker response time and much lower distortion. The tweeter's controlled sound dispersion creates a focused soundstage with a real sense of presence. Music sounds amazingly detailed, but smooth and effortless, without a trace of harshness.
Surprisingly full sound from a super-thin design
The other key to the Motion SLM's outstanding performance is the innovative dual 4" ultra-slim mid/woofers and dual 4" passive bass radiators. The passive radiators act as pressure relief valves for the cabinet, causing the woofers to behave as if they were operating in a much larger cabinet. The result is full, dynamic sound that makes movies and music more enjoyable and engaging. The high-gloss cabinet is under 2" thick including the supplied bracket, so you can wall-mount it next to even the thinnest flat-panel TVs and maintain a sleek, elegant look.
Part of a complete MartinLogan surround sound system
The MartinLogan Motion Series features an array of speakers that are voice-matched for compatibility in an immersive surround sound system:
- 1" x 1.4" Folded Motion tweeter for exceptional musical detail with low distortion
- two 4" paper cone bass/midrange drivers
- two 4" paper cone passive radiators
- frequency response 110-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity 94 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 20-140 watts
- one pair of push-style binding posts
- gloss black finish
- includes wall-mounting bracket and curved black-glass base
- also includes "kick-stand" brackets for free-standing center channel applications
Dimensions and warranty:
- 6-7/16"W x 25-5/16"H x 2"D (mounted vertically)
- weight: 6.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years (with product registration)
- MFR # MOTSLM
What's in the box:
- Ultra-slim loudspeaker
- Magnetic grille (installed)
- MartinLogan magnetic logo
- Vertical stand
- 2 Horizontal stands
- Two #8 x 3/4" screws
- Two 1.5" screws
- 2 Drywall anchors
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber pads
- User's Manual (En/Fr)
- Installation template
- Product Registration Card
Customer reviews for MartinLogan Motion® SLM
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MartinLogan Motion® SLM
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Folded Motion Ribbon|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1x1.4|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Frequency Response||110-25k Hz|
|Bracket Included||Fixed bracket|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs w/ Registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs w/ Registration|
2-Way Speaker/Passive Radiator Design: The secret to the Motion SLM ultra-slim speaker's outstanding performance is the innovative dual 4" ultra-slim fiber cone woofers and dual 4" high-velocity passive bass radiators, paired with a Folded Motion tweeter to create smooth, refined sound with stunning dynamic range and excellent clarity.
- Folded Motion Tweeter: MartinLogan's Folded Motion tweeter helps give the Motion SLM ultra-slim loudspeaker its natural, realistic high frequency sound. Lightning fast transient response, combined with a large surface area (8x that of a typical 1" dome tweeter) creates clear, dynamic, and precise sound. The 1" x 1.4" Folded Motion tweeter works by moving air (which creates sound) perpendicular to the folded ridges of the diaphragm, similar to how an accordion works. This extremely low mass diaphragm "squeezes" air and requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion (80°x80°) to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
- Dual Ultra-Slim Woofers/Passive Bass Radiators: Two 4" paper cone woofers are coupled with two 4" paper cone passive radiators to provide rich, detailed midrange and midbass that complement MartinLogan's Folded Motion tweeter perfectly.
Precision Crossovers: To seamlessly blend the audio output from the high frequency driver (tweeter) and the midbass drivers (woofers), the Motion SLM loudspeaker features a precision 2600Hz crossover utilizing custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors, polyester film capacitors in series, and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel.
Ultra-Slim Cabinet: The high-gloss black ultra-slim cabinet is only 1.875" deep, for a total wall protrusion of 2.0" with the included wall mount bracket. Hidden discretely underneath the grille, the drivers are held securely in place by a solid, black-anodized brushed aluminum baffle.
Spring-Post Connectors: The MartinLogan Motion SLM speaker features two spring-post connectors to attach your speaker wire. The spring-posts will accept bare wire (16- to 12-gauge) and pin-connectors. The rubber caps on the spring-post connectors must be removed to use banana plugs.
Applications: The Folded Motion tweeter has an 80° x 80° dispersion pattern, which allows the Motion SLM ultra-slim speaker to sound exactly the same in a horizontal or vertical orientation, making them perfect for Left-Center-Right (LCR) system applications. Or, use them as rear surround speakers. Because of its ultra-slim design, the Motion SLM is perfect for wall-mounting next to your flat-panel television.
Note: This speaker is not magnetically shielded and therefore should not be placed directly beside or atop a CRT television.
Mounting Options: The MartinLogan SLM loudspeaker can be wall mounted next to your flat-panel TV using the keyhole slot on the back of the speaker and the included wall-mount bracket. The speaker can be mounted vertically or horizontally (for center-channel application) on your wall. While MartinLogan created the Motion SLM to wall mount next to a flat-panel TV, that's not its only application. Also, included with the ultra-slim speaker is a curved black base to allow them to sit vertically on a shelf, stand, or equipment cabinet. In addition, the speaker includes two "kick-stands" that attach to the back of the cabinet that allow you rest the loudspeaker horizontally on a flat surface and use it as a center-channel speaker. Dimensions of speaker:
- Wall-Mounted (Vertical): 6.4375" (w) x 25.3125" (h) x 2.0" (d)
- Wall-Mounted (Horizontal): 25.3125" (w) x 6.4375" (w) x 2.0" (d)
- Vertical Base: 9.75" (w) x 26.5" (h), 6.75" (d)
- Horizontal Kick Stands: 25.3125" (w) x 6.4375" (h) x 3.875" (d)
Note: The logo on the grille is magnetic and can move and rotate to the proper atheistically pleasing location in any orientation.
Break-in Period: Allow approximately 72 hours of break-in at 90 dB (moderate listening levels) before any critical listening.
5 questions already asked