About the JBL Control® 29AV
Big, all-weather sound
Big, all-weather sound
JBL's rugged Control 29AV speakers delivers high-fidelity sound with solid bass for business applications like outdoor restaurant seating, patio bars, and more. This rugged speaker is built to JBL's exacting specifications, with an 8" woofer and 1" titanium tweeter that hold up to daily use in any weather.
The InvisiBall® mounting system allows you to make a permanent installation that remains flexible, allowing 36 degrees of movement in the vertical plane and 41 degrees of horizontal rotation. The cabinet and grille can be painted to match any decor.
Built to last
Each speaker features a tough Kevlar woofer with JBL's rubberized WeatherEdge™ surround for extra protection, so you can add music to a restaurant's dining patio or set up a complete sound system for a water park. Each polycarbonate tweeter diaphragm is reinforced with a thin film of titanium for added rigidity and endurance against sun, salt and moisture. The speaker grilles are plated with zinc to resist rusting.
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we'll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
- 8" Kevlar® cone woofer
- 1" titanium compression driver
- 110° x 85° coverage with rotatable horn
- handles up to 300 watts continuous program power
- frequency response: 40-19,000 Hz (-10dB)
- on-wall design with weather-resistant enclosure and transducers
- 110-watt transformer for 70-volt or 100-volt distributed audio systems
- 8-ohm bypass for use with conventional receivers and amplifiers
- built-in InvisiBall® mounting system allows vertical and horizontal rotation of speakers
- cabinet and grille can be painted to match your decor
- SonicGuard™ protection prevents accidental overload damage to speakers
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- 12"W x 20-1/2"H x 11-1/4"D
- weight: 26.8 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- MFR # CS29AV-WH-1
What's in the box:
- InvisiBall wall-mount plate
- Input panel cover
- 10" Allen key
- Two plastic bushings
- Two flat-washers
- Four 1/2" flat-head screws
- Owner's manual (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
Customer reviews for JBL Control® 29AV
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Control® 29AV
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||45-18,000|
|Maximum SPL||120 dB|
|Peak Power rating||0|
Overview: The JBL Control 29AV is a 70/100 volt speaker designed for commercial applications, both indoor and outdoor. Its improved voicing allows for an extremely flat response, high-fidelity, and extended bandwidth from an 8" Kevlar woofer and 1" titanium diaphragm compression driver, providing up to 110˚ of horizontal and 85˚ of vertical coverage. It can be run in either 70 or 100 volt applications and includes an 8Ω Thru setting as well. Other features include a highly weather-resistant enclosure, JBL's SonicGuard overload protection, and flexible mounting options.
Enclosure: Designed for indoor and outdoor use, the Control 29AV series speakers have been maximized for weather resistance. They feature a high-impact polystyrene enclosure along with a thermoset composite coated grill with foam lining to minimize water incursion. The woofer is made of Kevlar with a butyl rubber surround and the compression driver's diaphragm is made of pure titanium. Input terminals are nickel/zinc coated for rust-resistance and can have further protection from the included input terminal cover. The Control 29AV carries an IEC 529 IP-X4 splash-proof rating and exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt spray, temperature, and UV. It also passes Mil-Std-202F for salt spray.
Mounting: JBL offers flexible mounting options for the Control 29AV speakers. Along with either vertical or horizontal surface mounting, the speaker can be wall or ceiling mounted using the included InvisiBall mounting hardware. The Control 29AV speakers have a removable rear socket cover allowing the ball of the mount to sit inside the speaker. The socket is then tightened, using the included 10" Allen key, via the access hole underneath the removable front grill emblem. The InvisiBall mount allows up to 41˚ of horizontal rotation and up to 36˚ of vertical rotation. For horizontal mounting, the high-frequency compression driver can be rotated 90˚ by removing and re-using the 12 mounting screws holding it in place. There are also ten 6mm attachment points around the speaker for suspension mounting and JBL's optional U-bracket.
70/100 Volt: The Control 29AV is designed primarily to be used in 70 and 100 volt applications, but also includes an 8 ohm bypass mode (Thru). Its top-quality, 110 watt, line distribution transformer is designed for minimal insertion loss and reduced saturation. JBL's exclusive SonicGuard overload protection offers full-range power limiting, to protect network and transducers, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound. A tap setting adjustment-screw on the back of the speaker allows for the following 70 and 100 volt wattage options:
- 70 V: 14, 28, 55, and 110 watts, Thru
- 100 V: 28, 55, and 110 watts, Thru
- Frequency Response:
- -10 dB: 37 Hz - 18 kHz
- +3 dB: 43 Hz - 15 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 118 dB (short term), 112 dB (long term)
- Nominal Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5 kHz
- Crossover Type: 3rd order high-pass, 2nd order low-pass with impedance compensation
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 110˚ Horizontal, 85˚ Vertical
- Low Frequency: 8 inch
- High Frequency: 1 inch
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 14, 28, 55, and 110 watts
- 100 V: 28, 55, and 110 watts
- Thru Position: 8Ω nominal
- Enclosure: High-impact polystyrene
- Grill: Thermoset composite coated steel
- Terminals: Terminal strip with set-screws, accepts up to 12 AWG wire
- Colors: Black or White
- Dimensions: Width - 12.0", Height - 20.50", Depth - 11.250"
- Net Weight: 26.8 lbs.
4 questions already asked