About the Mackie Thump 115S
One of the best ways to fill the room with bass with your PA system is by adding a subwoofer. Mackie's Thump 115S powered subwoofer was designed to boost the low-frequency power and output of a PA system using their Thump Series powered speakers, but it'll work with any system that needs more bass. This sub features a built-in amplifier that sends up to 1400 watts to the 15" low-frequency driver in an efficient bandpass enclosure, creating plenty of bass energy for just about any musical application or venue. Internal protection circuits keep the sub rockin' and safely under control, even when the party gets loud and raucous.
Selectable High Pass Modes with a variable crossover setting optimizes the sub for different system configurations and musical genres. A 2-channel input mixer plus 2 full-range and 2 high-pass outputs offer plenty of wiring and integration options. Convenient, top corner handles help ease the pain when carrying this Built-Like-A-Tank™ sub to and from a gig.
Thump 115S back panel
- powered PA subwoofer
- 15" woofer in a bandpass enclosure
- built-in amplifier: 1400 watts peak
- maximum SPL: 131 dB
- frequency range: 46-150 Hz
- 4 High Pass Modes: Flat, Deep, Punch, Variable (with control)
- phase switch and output level control
- inputs: 2 XLR
- outputs: 4 XLR (2 full-range, 2 high-pass)
- Built-Like-A-Tank™ bandpass enclosure with weather-resistant perforated metal grille
- Integrated M20-threaded pole mount
- dimensions: 18.13" W x 18.25" H x 25.13" D
- weight: 52.2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # THUMP115S
What's in the box:
- Powered 15" PA subwoofer
- 6' AC Power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- Quickstart guide
Customer reviews for Mackie Thump 115S
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mackie Thump 115S
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||46-150Hz|
|RMS Power rating||Not given|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1400|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR (balanced)|
Overview: The Mackie Thump115S is a powered 15" PA subwoofer designed to deliver massive bass in a compact and portable form. It features 4 Voicing Modes, 2 inputs with both full-range and high-pass pass-thru connectors, and Mackie's "Built Like A Tank" construction. The Thump115S is an ideal choice for DJs, bands, clubs, schools, outdoor events, banquet halls, and more.
15" Woofer: The Mackie Thump115S powered sub's 15" woofer delivers superior output and low-frequency extension with professional low-end feel.
1400W (Peak) Ultra-efficient Class-D Amplification: The Thump115S features Class-D amplification. Class-D amps are more efficient and lightweight, with far less waste heat produced versus competing designs.
Rugged Enclosure: The powered sub's solid plywood enclosure with textured black paint offers high durability that can handle the rigors of the road. Two ergonomically-designed integrated top-corner handles are provided for easy transport. The Thump115S weighs 52.2 lbs.
Controls: Thump115S rear-panel controls include:
- Front LED: An On/Off push-button determines if the front Power LED will be illuminated while in use.
- Phase: Lets you switch the polarity of the subwoofer's output with options for Normal (in-phase) and Invert (out-of-phase).
- FR Output: A push-button selector determines whether Input A and Input B signals are sent out separately to their respective Pass-Thru jacks (Stereo), or if both inputs are summed to mono and sent out both Pass-Thru jacks (Mono).
- Gain Knob & Sig/OL LED: A rotary Gain dial adjusts the input sensitivity of both inputs, with a range of -6dB up to +6dB. A corresponding Sig/OL LED will light Green when a signal is present on either input, and will light Red if the subwoofer's built-in Limiter is activated, preventing the signal from clipping.
- High-Pass Mode (Voicing Modes): Four Voicing Modes can easily be selected, with three preset and one user-adjustable. Each setting provides a crossed-over signal for both the subwoofer (low-pass) and the signals sent out the Pass-Thru jacks (high-pass).
- Flat (default): Provides a natural balance between deep bass and overall output.
- Deep: Provides deeper bass extension, but with lower output level.
- Punch: Provides higher peak SPL, but with lower low-frequency bass extension.
- Variable: This mode lets you customize the crossover setting with a rotary dial that's adjustable from 80Hz to 160Hz.
Dual XLR Inputs: The Mackie Thump115S powered subwoofer is fitted with two balanced XLR connectors for the A and B channel inputs, both accepting line-level signals. The FR Output button determines if the two input signals will be output in stereo or in mono to the corresponding Pass-Thru jacks.
XLR Pass-Thrus: Each of the two XLR input jacks includes two corresponding balanced XLR outputs - one Full-Range and one High-Pass. The High-Pass Mode (Voicing Mode) selector determines the type of signal output from both Pass-Thru jacks. The Thump115S is ideally suited for use with Mackie's Thump Series powered PA cabinets, which can be found here.
Pole Receptacle: The Mackie Thump115S features a threaded M20 pole recepticle for mounting an optional full-range PA cabinet (sold separately) on top of the subwoofer.
Safety Features: The Thump115S powered subwoofer is equipped with a thermal protection circuit that monitors the internal temperature of the amplifier and heatsink. If the temperature exceeds a safe operating level, an indicator lights up and the input signal is muted to allow the amplifier to cool. When the temperature cools to a safe level, the thermal protection circuit deactivates and the powered sub returns to normal operation. A built-in power limiting circuit is provided to help prevent input signals from clipping and causing distortion.
- Driver: 15" Subwoofer
- Power: 1400W (peak)
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 46Hz - 160Hz
- Frequency Range (-10db): 36Hz - 180Hz
- Maximum SPL: 131dB
- Amplifier Type: Class D
- Inputs: (2) Female XLR (balanced, line-level)
- Outputs: (4) Male XLR (balanced, line-level), 2 high-pass, 2 full-range
- Input Impedance: 10kΩ
- Pass-Thru Impedance: 300Ω
- Dimensions: Width=18.13", Height=18.25", Depth=25.13" (incl. power cord)
- Weight: 52.2 lbs.