About the IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub
Get better sound from your sub
Get better sound from your sub
I decoupled the powered subwoofer in my living room and was instantly wowed by how much less the windows and fireplace doors rattled. I even dialed back the sub's output level because of how much more impactful it sounded. An isolation platform like the IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub can help do the same for your system.
How it works
Like its larger sibling, the Aperta Sub decouples a powered subwoofer from its mounting surface. This eliminates the transfer of energy from the sub to surrounding surfaces, which means you'll hear clearer, more transparent sound.
Think of it like speaker "flotation" — similar to how a car's shock absorbers work. It's especially useful in rooms with hard reflective surfaces like glass and metal, or hardwood floors.
- isolation frame for powered subwoofers weighing up to 80 lbs.
- improves musical clarity and bass response by reducing vibrations and other acoustic distortions
- reduces reflections off of hard surfaces
- provides a high degree of isolation while resisting lateral movement and oscillations
- supports front-firing and side-firing subwoofers
- carpet spikes included
- 10-1/2"W x 1-3/8"H x 11-1/2"D (1-15/16"H with spikes installed)
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # ISOAPERTASUB-BL
What's in the box:
- Subwoofer isolation platform
- 4 Spike feet
- Installation Guide
Customer reviews for IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub
Subwoofer Isolation Platform: With a sculpted aluminum frame and patented IsoAcoustics integrated isolators, the IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub decouples your subwoofer from the supporting surface to prevent the physical transfer of energy that excites the supporting surface which causes room rattle and disturbs your neighbors. The patented IsoAcoustics isolation platform also prevents the subwoofer vibrations from reflecting on the supporting surface and being conducted back up the subwoofer cabinet. Managing these reflections eliminates muddy bass smear and reveals greater clarity and definition.
- Greater Bass Definition: The Aperta Sub provides a high degree of isolation and cleans up the muddy low frequency sound, resulting in tighter bass response and greater clarity.
- Reduces Internal Reflections: IsoAcoustics isolation prevents the subwoofer vibrations from reflecting on the supporting surface, eliminating muddy bass smear and revealing greater clarity and definition.
- Decouples the Supporting Surface: The Aperta Sub decouples the subwoofers from the supporting surface to prevent the physical transfer of energy that excites the supporting surface, causes room rattle and disturbs your neighbors.
- Patented IsoAcosutics Isolation: The IsoAcoustics award winning design provides superior isolation performance. Tested at the National Research Council of Canada (NRC).
Subwoofer Compatibility: The Aperta Sub has a low-profile design at 10.5" (w) x 1.3125" (h) x 11.5" (d), and can support up to 80 lbs. It is designed to be used with front firing and side-firing powered subwoofers. Its Innovative shape allows the Aperta Sub to be positioned directly underneath the subwoofer cabinet without interference with the existing subwoofer feet.
Note: Use the IsoAcoustics Calculator to determine which Aperta isolation stand is right for your subwoofer.
Carpet Spikes: Carpet spikes are included with the IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub for use on carpeted surfaces. The carpet disks provide a strong connection through the carpet to provide a solid foundation for the Aperta Sub and your mounted powered subwoofer. The carpet spikes increase the overall height of the Aperta Sub to 2.0".
Note: Do not use the carpet spikes on hard surface flooring. The carpet spikes will damage and scratch hardwood, tile, vinyl, laminate, and other hard surface flooring.
2 questions already asked