About the Monitor Audio CP-CT260
Reliable performance from a décor-friendly in-ceiling speaker
Reliable performance from a décor-friendly in-ceiling speaker
We're confident the CP-CT260 from Monitor Audio will please discerning listeners who just happen to prefer their speakers to stay out of sight and out of the way. Why? One reason is its built-in back-box: a compact enclosure on the back that helps it deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound. With normal open-back in-ceiling speakers, the space that's behind them can affect their tonal characteristics, and not always in a good way. By taking the guesswork out of the equation, Monitor Audio ensures that when you install a Controlled Performance speaker in your ceiling, you'll want to keep it there.
A high-tech tweeter and woofer
Another reason we're bullish on this in-ceiling speaker is because Monitor has lavished attention on the build quality of its drivers. Both the 1" tweeter and 6" woofer are made of a high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy that originally debuted as a material for jet engine components. It's a fantastic material for speakers, too, because it results in drivers that are extremely lightweight and rigid, which means they can respond to audio signals swiftly and precisely. The tweeter is further treated with an anodized layer of gold for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. This 1" dome also pivots, so you can aim it toward your preferred listening spot for more direct sound.
Most speakers don't include any. Read more about in-wall wiring.
Shop our selection of in-wall speaker wire.
- built-in back-box ensures well-balanced sound in any installation and protects against dust and dirt
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) driver material for high efficiency and low distortion
- pivoting 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- 6" C-CAM woofer for accurate mids and bass
- recommended amplifier power: 20-65 watts
- frequency response: 66-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- high-frequency level adjustment switch (+3dB, 0dB, -3dB)
- boundary compensation switch for optimum sound quality when placing speaker near a wall
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable bezel and removable magnetic steel grille
- overall diameter (including grille): 11-1/4"
- cutout diameter: 9-5/8"
- mounting depth: 5-15/16"
- weight: 6-1/8 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CPCT260
What's in the box:
Monitor Audio CP-CT260 owner's manual
- In-Ceiling speaker
- Magnetic grille
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Limited Warranty/Registration Card
Monitor Audio CP-CT260 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Monitor Audio CP-CT260
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Outdoor (Partial Exposure)||No|
|Outdoor (Full Exposure)||No|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-65|
Two-Way Speaker Design: Alongside a pivoting 1" C-CAM tweeter, the CP-CT260 in-ceiling speaker incorporates a powerful 6" C-CAM woofer.
C-CAM Technology: C-CAM drivers are used throughout the CP-CT260 in-ceiling loudspeaker, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entering audio frequency spectrum.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- C-CAM Cone Woofer: Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
Tweeter Control: The 1" C-CAM tweeter is able to pivot (+/-15°) to direct the sound to your desired listening area. A tweeter level adjustment (+3/0/-3 dB) and boundary compensation control (on/off) also aid in high frequency performance.
Sealed Design: The Monitor Audio CP-CT260's airtight enclosure design protects each precision-engineered driver system against the accumulation of damaging dirt and dust.
Trimless Grille: The CP-CT260 in-ceiling speaker features a "Trimless" steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true trimless, stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
Note: This Controlled Performance series loudspeaker can only be fixed into drywall and suspended ceilings with a thickness of up to 1.75".
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio CP-CT260 is fitted with two spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG) and angled pin-connectors.
2 questions already asked
Awesome speakers! I'm using 4 of these for my in-ceiling Atmos speakers and they sound great! I'm using 7 super awesome Next Level Acoustics in-walls and the Monitor Audio CP-CT260s match well and hold their own!
George from Summerfield, FL