About the QSC MP-A20V
A versatile multi-zone amp
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we'll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
A versatile multi-zone amp
The QSC MP-A20V offers tons of versatility in powering a small multi-zone system. FlexAmp technology allows this single amplifier to handle situations that would otherwise require multiple amps of different power levels. Its 400-watt output can be asymmetrically distributed between its two channels. Plus, each channel features an individual attenuation knob and dip switches for selecting 70V, 100V, and 4- or 8-ohm operation.
Asymmetrical power sharing
What can you do with this kind of asymmetrical power distribution? For example, channel one could send 300 watts to a pair of 8-ohm surface-mount subwoofers, while channel two uses most of the remaining 100 watts to power six QSC AC-C4T in-ceiling speakers tapped at 16 watts apiece. All that extra flexibility opens up lots of possibilities for your business's distributed audio system.
- efficient Class D power amplifier
- power output: 400 watts total into 2 channels
- dip switches let you set load at 70V, 100V or 4 or 8 ohms in each channel
- FlexAmp technology distributes power output to the two channels in any ratio
- selectable 80 Hz high pass filter offered on each channel
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- two 3-pin Euroblock inputs
- two 2-pin Euroblock outputs
- 5-pin remote connector controls standby function of amplifier
- individual attenuation knob for each channel
- front-mounted LED indicators for signal and limiter/protect status
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 14-13/16"D (rack space: 1U)
- weight: 7.7 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # MP-A20V
What's in the box:
- Rack-mount amplifier
- 116" AC Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- One 5-pin Euroblock connector
- One 4-pin Euroblock connector
- Two 3-pin Euroblock connectors
- Two 4" wire-ties
- 4 Adhesive rubber feet
- Quickstart guide
- Safety instructions
- Warranty information
Customer reviews for QSC MP-A20V
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the QSC MP-A20V
Overview: The QSC MP-A20V rack-mount, 2-channel amplifier is designed to provide a total of 400 watts of combined output power between the two channels, for 4Ω, 8Ω, 70V, and 100V applications. Featuring Class-D topology, a switch mode power supply, Auto-standby, and active limiting and protection circuitry, the MP-A20V is the ideal solution for installed background music and paging applications.
FlexAmp: QSC's proprietary FlexAmp technology adds flexibility to your installed sound system by allowing each output channel to provide asymmetrical wattage amounts. This means with a total output power of 400 watts, one channel can be setup to deliver 100 watts while the other channel can deliver 300 watts, or any such combination. FlexAmp technology even lets you mix 4Ω or 8Ω connections on one channel with 70 or 100 volt operation on the other channel.
Inputs/Outputs: A single 6-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector provides the two channels of input, with each containing a signal +, -, and Ground, for either balanced or unbalanced connections. A single 4-pin Euroblock connector provides the two output channels, with each terminal accepting up to 12AWG speaker wire. The output connector features two built-in attachment screws for securing the plug to the back of the amplifier, preventing accidental disconnection.
- Rear Panel: Each of the two input
channels includes a rear-panel status LED that can display the following:
- Green: A signal is present on that channel.
- Orange: The input signal is near the clip point and the built-in Limiter circuit has been engaged to protect the output.
- Red: Channel is in Protect mode. Possible short on the output channel or thermal shutdown do to overheating.
- Off: Amp is in Standby mode.
- Front Panel: Front-panel
channel-status and Power LEDs provide the following information:
- Signal: Illuminates indicating a signal is present on that channel.
- Limiter/Protect: Lights to indicate Protect mode, Mute, or Limiter is activated. Off indicates system is working nominally.
- Power: Lights blue when unit is On, Amber when in Standby, and off when amp is powered completely off.
Input Level Adjustment: Each Input channel includes an Attenuation dial for adjusting the input signal level. Each dial has 11 attenuation levels ranging from 0 (+4dBu) to ∞ for total attenuation.
Output Configuration: The MP-A20V's rear panel includes two 3-position DIP switches for selecting the type of output for each channel. Options include:
- 4Ω or 8Ω Selection
- 70V or 100V Selection
- HPF On/Off: When set to On, this applies an 80Hz high-pass filter to that output channel. This should always be set to On when using 70V or 100V full-range speakers.
Remote: The MP-A20V includes a rear-panel 5-pin Euroblock connector, providing two functions in one connector:
- Standby: Two Remote Standby contacts allow you to put the amp into and out of Standby mode from a remote location with an optional switch (not included). When the two pins are shorted together (i.e. making contact), the amp will go into Standby mode. Likewise, opening the contacts will take the amp out of Standby mode.
- Relay: The Remote Relay output provides a means to monitor the amplifier's operating condition with external equipment (not included).
Auto-Standby: The QSC amplifier will automatically go into Standby mode after 28 minutes with no signal input. When the signal returns, the amp will auto-ramp the signal back to its original level, avoiding an instantaneously loud signal.
Fan: The MP-A20V includes a built-in fan in the rear side-panel, providing forced air cooling through to the front air vent. Fan speed is thermally regulated.
- Channels: 2
- Channel Power (4Ω, 8Ω, 70, or 100V): 200W
- Typical Distortion (4-8Ω): < 0.01%
- Maximum Distortion (4-8Ω): < 1%
- Damping Factor: 100
- Amplifier Topology: Class-D
- Gain @ 8Ω: 30dB
- Input Impedance: > 10k, balanced or unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 1.23V (+4dBu)
- Frequency Response (8Ω): 20Hz - 20kHz (+/- 0.5dB)
- Maximum Input Level: 12.3V (+24dBu)
- Signal to Noise: >103dB
- Highpass Filter: 80Hz per channel, DIP selectable
- Input Connector: (1) 6-Pin Euroblock
- Output Connector: (1) 4-Pin Euroblock
- Remote Connector: (1) 5-Pin Euroblock
- Front-Panel Indicators: Power, signal (per channel), limit/mute/protect (per channel)
- Rear-Panel Indicators: Bi-colored LED for signal and limit/mute/protect
- Cooling: Regulated-fan forced-air cooling, rear/side-to-front flow
- AC Power Supply: Universal with PFC, 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: Width = 19.0", Height = 1.75", Depth = 16.50" (incl. power cord)
- Net Weight: 7.7 lbs.
2 questions already asked