About the Google Nest Indoor/Outdoor Cam
See, hear, and speak
See, hear, and speak
This smart camera's unobtrusive design and magnetic mounting system make it easy to place.
The battery-powered Google Nest Indoor/Outdoor Cam lets you see what's going on anywhere you put it. Stick one above your front door to check out who's knocking and talk with them using the built-in speaker and microphone. Mount another overlooking your couch and soft chairs to capture incriminating evidence on your dog. You'll soon see how useful it can be to have eyes, ears — and voices — all around your house. And it's easy to sync with your other Google Nest devices.
Fully customizable in the app
Using the free Google Home app, you can draw your own motion zones within the camera's frame. That means you only capture relevant events — just the cars that pull into your driveway rather than every car that drives down your street, for example.
You can also set it up to send you other customized alerts. Maybe you actually want to know how many cars drive past your house every day. Or maybe you want an alert whenever a person approaches your back door, but don't need one for every bird or squirrel — your camera can use its smarts to recognize whether it‘s a person, animal, or vehicle.
As with most wireless doorbells, you can check out the live view anytime you want. But this doorbell will also securely store captured events for 3 hours after they happen. Or you can extend your video history with a cloud-based Nest Aware subscription (sold separately). And Nest Aware does more than expand your storage — it also adds cool features like sound detection and the ability to recognize familiar faces.
If a power outage causes you to lose Wi-Fi, the camera will automatically store up to one hour of recorded events in its local memory.
- battery-powered weather-resistant indoor/outdoor HD security camera
- easy to install and sync with other Google Nest devices
- control with free Google Home app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- view live footage from anywhere using your smartphone, tablet or laptop
- get emails or push notifications instantly when motion is detected
- built-in mic and speaker allow two-way communication
- camera mounts to magnetic base for easy removal for charging
- 128-bit encryption happens inside the camera to provide security even on unsecured Wi-Fi networks
- 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) with night vision and HDR
- 130° field of view
- 2-megapixel sensor provides sharp, clear images
- 6X digital zoom
- HDR (high dynamic range) for a clear image in scenes with a lot of contrast
- detects motion up to 25 feet away
- built-in infrared LEDs provide night vision up to 20 feet
- dual-band radio for solid Wi-Fi connection
- IP54 weather rating
- built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 3.3-foot (1 meter) charging cable with proprietary magnetic connector included
- free 3-hour snapshot history in the Google Home app lets you check recent activity
- save and share footage and get more advanced features with optional Nest Aware subscription service (requires a monthly or yearly fee)
- two-step authentication makes your Nest devices more secure
- specialized alerts reduce unwanted notifications:
- select specific areas within the frame to trigger
- camera recognizes person, animal, or vehicle
- compatible with:
- stream your live video feed hands-free on compatible smart displays with Google Assistant and compatible smart displays, TVs, and tablets with Amazon Alexa
Dimensions and Warranty:
- diameter: 3-1/4"
- height: 3-7/8"
- weight with base: 19.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # GA01894-US
What's in the box:
- 2 Nest cameras (white)
- 2 Magnetic bases (attached)
- 2 Wall plates
- 4 Wall screws (length 1")
- 4 Plastic wall anchors
- AC power adapter with USB output (DC output: 5V 1.5A 7.5W)
- 39" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and proprietary 4-pin magnetic connector on other end)
- 2 QR code cards (attached to the cameras)
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety-Warranty & Regulatory Guide for Google Nest Cam
Customer reviews for Google Nest Indoor/Outdoor Cam
Average review:4.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Google Nest Indoor/Outdoor Cam
2-pack Overview: The Nest Cam 2 pack (GA01984-US) contains two small white (snow) indoor/outdoor, battery-powered Wi-Fi cameras that can help you keep an eye on your home or office. Each Nest Cam comes with a built-in rechargeable battery, magnetic base, and mounting hardware. The package also includes an indoor-rated cable and 7.5W power adapter for recharging the cameras. The cameras have the following dimensions: Diameter 3-1/4", Height 3-7/8", Weight (with base) 19.8 ounces.
Full HD Video: Nest Cam has a wide 130° angle of view, so you can see the entire area around your doors or windows. The camera is equipped with an 2-megapixel 1080p color image sensor (1/2.8") to give you detailed 16:9 images. HDR (high dynamic range) combines multiple images to give you clear images in the shadows, even on a bright day. In the Google Home app, you can use the 6x digital zoom to get a closer look. The camera is equipped with six high-power 850nm infrared LEDs to let you see in total darkness up to 20 feet away. Two-way audio lets you hear what's going on, and allows you to talk to persons through the camera.
Installing: Nest Cam comes with a 3-1/4" diameter magnetic base. The magnet not only holds the camera to the base, but also allows you to attach the base to a metal surface. For non-metallic surfaces, the cameras include a wall plate, screws, and wall anchors. The magnetic base lets you position the camera at virtually any angle. It has an IP54 weatherproof rating, so it's safe to install outside. It is recommended that the camera is mounted 6' to 6-1/2' above the ground or floor, tilted downward. It should be close enough to see a person's face and to communicate with them through the camera. The camera streams audio and video via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, 5GHz), and should be mounted within range of your router.
Power Options: The Nest Cam has a built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.65V, 6Ah) that can power the camera for months, depending on the number of recorded events. If your camera experiences 2-4 recorded events per day (Quiet), the battery should last about 7 months. Typical battery life (with about 9-12 recorded events per day) is about 3 months. For busy cameras that record 20-25 events per day, battery life is only about 1-1/2 months. The camera has a proprietary magnetic connector for attaching the included charging cable. Google Nest offers the optional Nest Cam Stand (sold separately) that uses the included cable to keep the battery charged at all times. Optional weatherproof cables for outdoor installation are available from Google Nest in 5-meter and 10-meter lengths (sold separately).
Construction: The Nest Cam (battery) is constructed with 47% recycled content across its plastic parts. It has an IP54 weather resistance rating, and can withstand a wide temperature (-4°F to +104°F) and relative humidity range (20% to 85%).
Motion Detection: The Google Nest Cam has a single motion sensor with a 110° horizontal field of view. The camera can detect motion up to 25 feet away, and send out a notification to your phone or Google Assistant-enabled device.
Activity Zones: Activity Zones let you customize the areas that you'd like to monitor with the Nest Cam. They can help prevent false alarms caused by swaying trees or moving shadows. With fewer recording events, the battery life is extended as well. You can "draw" the shape of the zone you want to monitor when setting up the zone on your mobile device. You can also choose the types of events you want to record, and the alerts you want to receive. Up to 4 activity zones per camera can be set up and named to make it easier to know where the event took place.
Detection Settings: The Nest Cam uses AI to distinguish people from cars or animals. Intelligent alerts are delivered to your phone or Google Assistant-enabled speaker/monitor that identifies what triggered the alert: person seen, animal seen, vehicle seen, etc. With a Nest Aware subscription, the Familiar Face feature can even teach the camera to identify the faces of your friends and acquantances.
Note: The Familiar Face feature is not available for Nest cameras and doorbells installed in Illinois.
Video History: The Nest Cam captures and stores video clips of activity that happened within the past 3 hours. With a subscription to Nest Aware, you can extend that to up to 60 days. The Nest Cam can provide a live view 24/7, as well as record triggered events. If you need continuous video recording (for up to 10 days max), you'll need to plug in the camera to a constant power source, and subscribe to Nest Aware Plus.
Nest Aware: A paid subscription to Nest Aware provides additional features to your Nest Cam. It extends the event video history beyond the 3 hours that comes with the doorbell to 30 days for Nest Aware, or 60 days for Nest Aware Plus. A Nest Aware subscription starts at $6.00 per month, while Nest Aware Plus is $12.00/month. Annual subscriptions are $60/year (save $12 annually) and $120/year (save $24 annually), respectively.
Google Home App: The Google Nest Cam must be set up, managed, and controlled using the Google Home app. On the app, you can view what's happening inside or outside your home, receive notifications, and view recorded videos. Notifications can be received on your phone, and on your Google Assistant-enable speakers (Nest Mini) and displays (Nest Hub). You can configure activity zones, change detection settings, and monitor the battery life of the camera. The Google Home app is available for Android devices running version 6.0 and up. It can also be used with Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS 12.0 or later.
The Google Nest Indoor/Outdoor Cam replaces these items
- 2 wireless, weatherproof outdoor HD security cameras
- 8X pinch-to-zoom feature lets you focus on a specific part of a room using the touchscreen on your smartphone or tablet
- built-in mic and speaker allow two-way communication via free Nest app
2 questions already asked