About the Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2
A compact design with superb quality
Looking for a lightweight, high-performance 50mm lens for your Leica M-mount camera? The Summicron-M 50mm f/2 is an old-school prime with loads of character. Its wide-aperture, manual-focus design gives you complete control over your composition with a shallow depth of field, beautiful out-of-focus elements, and edge-to-edge sharpness — even when shot wide open.
- 50mm prime lens for Leica M-mount cameras
- made in Germany
- compact, lightweight design with black anodized finish
- no autofocus system; manual focus only
- f/2 maximum aperture for outstanding low-light performance and a shallow depth of field
- ideal for portraiture, landscapes, product photography, and more
- lens construction: 6 elements in 4 groups
- includes built-in telescopic lens hood
Dimensions and warranty:
- lens is 2-1/8" in diameter and 1-3/4" long
- weight: 8.5 oz.
- filter/attachment size: 39mm
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # 11826
What's in the box:
Customer reviews for Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2
Overview: The Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2.0 lens is a standard prime lens with a black anodized finish. It has the Leica M bayonet mount, and is compatible with the Leica M-10 and M-10R cameras. It is an ideal lens for all photographers who want a lightweight, high-performance lens. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, and a built-in telescopic lens hood.
Filters: The lens is compatible with 39mm screw-on filters (E39).
- Focal Length: 52.3mm
- Type of Mount: Leica M bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 39mm (E39)
- Focusing Range: 27.56" (0.7m) to infinity
- Aperture Range: f/2.0 to f/16
- Lens Construction: 6 elements in 4 groups
- Angle of View: 47° Diagonal, 40° Horizontal, 27° Vertical
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.087", Length: 1.713"
- Weight: 8.47 ounces (240 grams)