About the Leica Summilux M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH
I don't think there's any camera and lens combination I'd rather use than this Leica Summilux M 50mm f/1.4 on either an M10-R or M10 Monochrom. It's partly because those cameras are the modern, mirrorless versions of the old M3 I learned on. But it's also because this lens offers a natural-looking field of view that's very similar to what we see with our own eyes. And thanks to its wide maximum aperture of f/1.4 — and Leica's legendary glass — it'll work wonders in low light.
- 50mm prime lens for Leica M-mount cameras
- actual focal length: 51.6mm
- made in Germany
- compact, lightweight design with black anodized finish
- no autofocus system; manual focus only
- f/1.4 maximum aperture for outstanding low-light performance and a shallow depth of field
- f/16 minimum aperture
- minimum focus distance: 2.3 feet
- ideal for portraiture, landscapes, product photography, and more
- eight elements in five groups
- one aspherical and one floating element
- includes built-in extendable lens hood
Dimensions and warranty:
- 2-1/8" diameter x 2-1/16"L
- weight: 11.82 oz.
- filter/attachment size: E46 (46mm)
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # 11891
What's in the box:
Customer reviews for Leica Summilux M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Leica Summilux M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH
Overview: The Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 lens is a standard prime lens with a black anodized finish. It has the Leica M bayonet mount, and is compatible with the Leica M-10 and M-10R cameras. It has a natural image angle that corresponds to the view of the human eye. It is ideal for available light situations, selective-focus shots, and fine art photography. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, and a built-in telescopic lens hood.
Filters: The lens is compatible with 46mm screw-on filters (E46).
- Focal Length: 51.6mm
- Type of Mount: Leica M bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 46mm (E46)
- Focusing Range: 27.56" (0.7m) to infinity
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Aperture Type: 9-blade circular
- Lens Construction: 8 elements in 5 groups
- Angle of View: 47° Diagonal, 40° Horizontal, 27° Vertical
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.106", Length: 2.067"
- Weight: 11.82 ounces (335 grams)