About the Leica Geovid HD-R 2700 10x42 Binoculars
Brilliant rangefinding binoculars
Brilliant rangefinding binoculars
The Geovid HD-R 2700 lets you spot and measure the distance to targets — and lets you do it with one hand, thanks to the open bridge design.
Leica optics are among the best in the world. Their Geovid HD-R 2700 10x42 rangefinding binoculars feature top-notch glass and coatings coupled with design refinements that reflect Leica's 150-year-plus history in the optics business.
You'll see bright, lifelike images as you scan the field. And when you spot that wild turkey foraging across the distant meadow, press a button to get an accurate distance read from up to 2,700 yards away. It also gives you the equivalent horizontal range (EHR) for more practical, true-to-life measurements if you're aiming uphill or downhill.
A tradition of optic excellence
I learned photography on my dad's old 1950s Leica M3, and I bet it's still taking great images for the lucky person he eventually sold it to. These rangefinding binoculars are also built to last a lifetime — and more.
The Geovids feel solid, but lightweight and balanced. They're comfortable to hold in your hands — or even just one hand, thanks to the open bridge design. Focus, diopter, and interpupillary adjustments are smooth and precise.
Even more importantly, Leica uses innovative coating processes for the high-quality lenses, and high-transmission SCHOTT HT™ glass in the prisms. So when you look through them, you'll see astonishing detail and depth of focus, and razor-sharp, contrast-rich images with bright colors — even in low light.
Rugged and reliable for a lifetime of use
Leica Geovids feature a durable, die-cast magnesium-alloy body with rubber armor coating that's easy to grip. Leica's AquaDura® coating protects the high-performance optics from water, dust, and dirt. Plus, these binoculars are waterproof and fogproof so you can use them worry-free under just about any conditions.
The included contoured Neoprene strap provides plenty of support to keep you comfortable over long stretches in the field while keeping your Geovids always at the ready. Or set them on a tripod (sold separately), for a more stable view.
- 10x rangefinding binoculars with Leica AquaDura® lens coating to protect the optics from water, dust and dirt
- nitrogen-filled waterproof and fogproof design for use in all weather conditions
- watertight to a depth of 16-1/2 feet (5 meters)
- HDC® multicoating increases contrast and provides true color rendition
- Perger Porro prism design
- die-cast magnesium body
- twist-up eye cups with multiple click stops provide comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses
- durable rubber armor exterior offers non-slip grip
- tripod adaptable
- magnification: 10x
- objective lens diameter: 42mm
- linear field of view at 1000 yards: 374 feet
- close focus distance: 16.5 feet
- exit pupil: 4.2mm
- diopter compensation: ±4
- distance measurement range: 10-2,700 yards /10-2,500m
- equivalent horizontal range (EHR): 10-1,200 yards/10-1,100m
- top-mounted button for yard/meter switching
- two modes:
- single measurement (0.3 seconds)
- scanning (every 0.5 seconds continuous)
- measuring accuracy:
- 10 to 200 yards/m: ± 0.5 yd/m
- >200-400 yards/m: ± 1 yds/m
- >400 yards/m: ± 0.5 %
- battery life: approximately 2,000 uses
- 4-15/16"W x 7"H x 2-13/16"D
- weight: 33.3 ounces
- warranty: 30 years
- MFR # 40804
What's in the box:
- 10x42 Binoculars
- CR-2 Lithium battery (3V)
- Eyepiece cap (installed)
- 2 Objective lens caps
- Neck strap
- Cordura storage case
- Guarantee card
- Quality control card
Customer reviews for Leica Geovid HD-R 2700 10x42 Binoculars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Leica Geovid HD-R 2700 10x42 Binoculars
Overview: The Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-R 2700 rangefinder binoculars (#40805) provide a distinct advantage for hunters over traditional binoculars. With built-in ballistic functions, the rangefinder binoculars can calculate the Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR) for distances to a target at a different elevation. They feature an Open Ergonomic Bridge that makes them easy to hold. The rugged HD-R 2700 are dirt- and water-repellent for use in less-than-ideal conditions. The binoculars include a curved padded carrying strap, eyepiece and objective lens caps, and a soft, Neoprene carrying bag.
Waterproof: The Geovid 10x42 are completely waterproof down to a depth of 16.5 feet, or 5 meters. The internal chambers are filled with nitrogen to prevent condensation from forming on the internal optical elements.
Premium Leica Optics: The binoculars feature premium Leica optics for sharp, high-contrast images with superior color fidelity. They are manufactured with the latest glass types and HDC (High Durable Coating) multicoating and Aqua-Dura coatings on the outer lenses. The binoculars use high quality Perger-Porro prisms for outstanding light transmission and optical performance.
Rangefinder Functions: The Geovid 10x42 HD-R 2700 features a built-in laser rangefinder system that lets you accurately measure distances from 10 to 2700 yards. A 4-character LED display inside the eyepiece shows you the distance measurement to your target. When measuring angle shots at targets at a different elevation, the binoculars calculate the relative shooting distance, or the Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR), to the target. Not only are elevation and distance taken into account, but the barometric pressure, temperature, and the ballistic curve are calculated to provide an accurate point of aim to bag your game. The EHR distances are available up to 1200 yards.
Focus Wheel/Diopter Ring: The Geovid 10x42 has a smooth, central focus wheel for focusing on subjects at different distances. The binoculars feature a ±4 dpt diopter adjustment for each eyepiece that assures both eyepieces are in focus. The adjustment has a diopter index indicating the "0" position, as well as + and - positions.
Eyecups: The 4 click-stop rubber eyecups has multiple positions to make it easy to position your eyes at the correct eye-point for the greatest comfort during extended use. The eyecups can retract to accommodate eyeglass wearers. The eye relief is 16mm.
Power: The Geovid 10x42 binoculars are powered by a 3V CR-2 Lithium battery (included). A fresh battery should have enough charge for over 2000 measurements. When the low battery indicator starts flashing, the battery should be able to perform another 50 measurements.
Leica Passport Warranty: Leica Sport Optics are covered by a new best-in-class warranty and product protection plan. The Leica Passport Warranty is completely free, and includes a fully transferrable no-fault 10-year accidental damage cover plan and a 30-year manufacturer's defect warranty. No warranty card or receipts is needed.
- Model: Geovid 10x42 (#40805)
- Magnification: 10x
- Objective Diameter: 42 mm
- Close Focusing Distance: approximately 16.5 feet (5 meters)
- Diopter Compensation: +/- 4 dpt
- Field of View at 1000 yds: 113.3 yards (339.9 feet)
- Field of View at 1000 meters: 113.3 meters
- Distance Measurement (Range): 10 to 2700 yards
- Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR): 10 to 1200 yards
- Measuring Accuracy:
- 10-200 yards: +/- 0.5 yards
- 200-400 yards: +/- 1 yards
- Beyond 400 yards: +/- 5%
- Exit Pupil: 4.2 mm
- Eye Relief: 16 mm
- Twilight Factor: 20.5
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 56-74mm (adjustable)
- Dimensions: Width 5.0", Height 3.189", Depth 6.968"
- Weight: 33.51 ounces