About the NETGEAR GS308PP
Ethernet and PoE+ for a smart home setup
The NETGEAR GS308PP provides reliable network connectivity and PoE+ (Power over Ethernet Plus) for a smart home setup. It features eight Ethernet ports with 83 total watts dedicated to powering your devices. PoE+ carries data and power to compatible security cameras and other smart home components, so you don't have to run a separate power cable for those devices.
- 8 PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet ports provide power and data to compatible equipment (83 watts)
- automatically balances PoE power based on requirements of connected devices
- easy plug-and-play setup, configuration, and management
- rubber feet for desktop mounting and rack mounting kit included
Dimensions and warranty:
- 9-3/8"W x 1-1/16"H x 4-1/8"D
- weight: 1.32 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # GS308PP-100NAS
What's in the box:
- 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- AC power adapter
- Installation Guide
- "Read Me First" note
Customer reviews for NETGEAR GS308PP
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR GS308PP
SOHO Ethernet Switch: The NETGEAR SOHO Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS308PP) provide easy and affordable network connectivity to small offices and home/offices. It is easy to use, reliable, and rugged with metal enclosures. Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support is also available for supplying both power and data across a single CAT-5 ethernet cable to devices such as IP security cameras, VoIP phones, wireless access points, etc. With the SOHO Ethernet Switch you can quickly and easily expand your network connections to multiple devices, with no configuration required.
8 Gigabit Ports: The NETGEAR GS308PP Switch is outfitted with 8 Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) ports. It offers auto-negotiation for automatic connection at the highest common speed between switch and an end device, while support for auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables. Its non-blocking switching architecture delivers maximum throughput at wire speed. Standards-based technology ensures interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network.
PoE+ (Power-Over-Ethernet): The GS308PP provides PoE+ or PoE power on ports 1-8 and up to 30W to each port, with a PoE power budget of 83W across all active PoE ports. You can increase the PoE power budget by replacing the included 90W AC power adapter with a 130W adapter (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for 123W PoE power budget. Power-Over-Ethernet can be used for IP cameras, VoIP/Internet-based phones, wireless access points, and other PoE compatible devices. NETGEAR's unique PoE power autobalance and allocation technology automatically balances the PoE power based on the device needs independent of PoE class detected.
- If the power requirements for the attached powered devices (PDs) exceed the total power budget of the switch, the PD on the highest-numbered port is disabled to make sure that the PDs connected to the higher-priority, lower numbered ports are supported first.
- Just because a PD is listed as an 802.3at PoE powered device does not necessarily mean that it requires the maximum power limit of the specification. Many PDs require less power, potentially allowing more PoE ports to be active simultaneously.
- The GS308PP is not compatible with NETGEAR's 200W external AC power adapter.
Note: The NETGEAR GS308PP is an unmanaged switch; you cannot configure or manage the switch through the Insight app. It is only used for device registration.
AC Power Adapter: The included AC power adapter plugs into the back of the Ethernet Switch and into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
LED Indicators: When you connect the included external AC power adapter to the NETGEAR SOHO Ethernet Unmanaged Switch and plug it into an electrical outlet, its front-panel LEDs will indicate the status.
Mounting Options: The NETGEAR SOHO Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS308PP) supports desktop, wall-mount, and rack-mount placement.